3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oakland acura salels switchblade key!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:31 AM
bLaZeDaPuRp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oakland acura salels switchblade key!!!!

i was looking around online at oaklandacura.com for the a spec wheels and lip kit and saw that they sold the switchblade key i didnt know they sold them there just though i'd let ppl know.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
that's good to know! thanks man! i'm gonna go check it out right now...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:01 AM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Are they willing to cut and program them?

I think programming is an easy 30 second step, but was just curious. I remember reading about the programming part... but we definately need it cut!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:52 PM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blazedapurp
i was looking around online at oaklandacura.com for the a spec wheels and lip kit and saw that they sold the switchblade key i didnt know they sold them there just though i'd let ppl know.
i bet acura of oakland sells the switchblade key, but not the switchblade key milled down to ua6 specs..

Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
Are they willing to cut and program them?

I think programming is an easy 30 second step, but was just curious. I remember reading about the programming part... but we definately need it cut!
thats to program the buttons to work.. like lock/unlock/trunk but you also need to program the immobilzier chip to your car and thats what we pay for, not for the buttons to work. without the immobilizer chip programmed the key wont start the car
Old 06-01-2008, 04:32 AM
bLaZeDaPuRp

they do sell them milled for $119.00 for the key and 90 bucks to cut and program it. they call it retro fit switchblade key.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:34 AM
steeez

120? thats cool, same price flbusa sold them for. you might be able to find a better deal than 90 bucks to cut and program though.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:34 PM
No Limitz!

i should be receiving my key from them today (thursday)
Old 06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Instructor

so a acura dealer does these custom keys and guarantee there work?? ive never heard or seen a dealer doing any kind of custom work .. anyone know anything else about this?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:54 PM
steeez

haha if you read in the other thread, OP said he found out acura of oakland got these from flbusa himself

you said he didnt reply to your emails, probably cuz hes not a vendor on here anymore so he doesnt care for a sale anymore.

other thread as in this 1 you posted in

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180738
Old 06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
flbusa.com, you can still get them from there.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Racer

no you can't.......he's out of them. and wont' reply to emails I wouldn't send him a dime!! BEWARE!

Originally Posted by csmeance
flbusa.com, you can still get them from there.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Advanced

Peter is a standup guy and responded to my e-mails within 15 minutes. I received my key from him in and it works great. He is sold out at the moment but he is working hard to get more in.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Racer

OaklandAcura does sell them!!!!!!!! sweet I bought 2 of them! Ask for Andrew. Here's proof from their web page! BTW they only have 1 left! Better call them asap!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by izmyttz
OaklandAcura does sell them!!!!!!!! sweet I bought 2 of them! Ask for Andrew. Here's proof from their web page! BTW they only have 1 left! Better call them asap!

80 dollars for labor? how heavy is that switchblade key?
come one 80 dollars? i would be okay with anywhere in the neighborhood of 20-40 bucks but 80 dollars? damn. do they provide lube too?
Old 06-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Racer

it's an hourly labor charge. You could just take your existing key and cut the chip out and put it in the switchblade key...

Originally Posted by berite100
80 dollars for labor? how heavy is that switchblade key?
come one 80 dollars? i would be okay with anywhere in the neighborhood of 20-40 bucks but 80 dollars? damn. do they provide lube too?
Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Once you have a machined key, any place that cuts and programs 3g acura keys, can do it. Takes about 10 mins.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:34 AM
No Limitz!

Talking

Well, that sucks FLBUSA isn't doing it anymore! I just recieved my key today from oakland acura! I actually was able to get it CUT and Programmed for FREE! I'm quite excited, the Acura Dealership here in Atlanta was nice to do that. They were surprised to see a switchblade key made for the 3G TL. They key & Functions all work perfectly!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:49 PM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just called my dealership and they won't charge anything to machine the key!! Now I just need to buy the "sidewinder" key (thats what they called it) and swap the chip.... right?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Racer

NICE! I love it! Can't wait to get mine!

Originally Posted by AcuraATLBoi
Well, that sucks FLBUSA isn't doing it anymore! I just recieved my key today from oakland acura! I actually was able to get it CUT and Programmed for FREE! I'm quite excited, the Acura Dealership here in Atlanta was nice to do that. They were surprised to see a switchblade key made for the 3G TL. They key & Functions all work perfectly!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Racer

sweet..a dealership that machines the key! they should have the keys in stock and they should be able to program the chip..not swap.. only a swap if you didn't want to deal with the dealership.

Originally Posted by jmkiang
I just called my dealership and they won't charge anything to machine the key!! Now I just need to buy the "sidewinder" key (thats what they called it) and swap the chip.... right?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
zaino'd

sweet..a dealership that machines the key! they should have the keys in stock and they should be able to program the chip..not swap.. only a swap if you didn't want to deal with the dealership.
They said they don't carry them... and the parts guy I spoke to sounded surprised that they were available online...
Old 06-09-2008, 01:19 PM
zaino'd

FYI, OaklandAcura.com will ship the switchblade key for $5!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Master Tasker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLD OUT! Couldn't get them to confirm it was FLBUSA they are getting them from, but if so, Pete's got the market cornered. Wonder why no one else is picking up on this??
Old 06-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Racer

i knew i should have bought that 3rd key! dang it!

Originally Posted by taskmaster
SOLD OUT! Couldn't get them to confirm it was FLBUSA they are getting them from, but if so, Pete's got the market cornered. Wonder why no one else is picking up on this??
Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i dont understand. whats the difference with these keys and the regular car keys that come with the 3G acura TL? i got a 2008 type S and never seen any other acura key besides the one i have for my car so.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
zaino'd

04-06 keys are seperate from the remote.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Hey Folks...

Taskmaster... I'm surprised someone hasn't figured it out myself.

Honestly... It was quite a lot of work and expense upfront to get to the point where you can machine them accurately and repetitively. I had to design and develop custom clamps and fixtures as well as custom cutters.

I can't say when or if I'll do another run of keys. I'm so tied up with other projects that I don't even have time to answer the usual flood of emails let alone machine keys and process orders.

I do want to say thanks to everyone that patiently waited for their keys and sorry to those that I wasn't able to get around to.

ismyttz... I have never taken a nickel from anyone. If you do a search you'll see that I have gone out of my way to accommodate everyone that bought a key from me and frankly... it's because of those kind of remarks that I'm reluctant to cut any more.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:45 PM
zaino'd

^ Thanks ismyttz... you just doomed us all!
Old 06-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Racer

When talking to you just one time I got the feeling that you are not a reliable guy when it comes to time management and customer service. Yes you were nice but heck I can tell anyone anything just to appease them for a little while. A true business man would have followed up with his clients that spend 100.00 to 200.00 a transaction with him. I don't doubt it was hard work getting the business set up and making the keys correctly. But that's half the work. Keeping up with your orders and communicating with your clients is the other half. There were many more guys that were wondering what was going on with their keys after they had paid.

It took them signing on Acurazine to find out that you are too busy or don't have a shop or don't have internet. To me it sounds like one excuse after another. So don't blame me for you inability to perform and operate a business in a business like manner. I wish you well and hope you get all your balls in one court. And it's hard not to think you are or aren't keeping peoples money when you don't reply to multiple emails and many phone calls.

Originally Posted by FLBusa
Hey Folks...

Taskmaster... I'm surprised someone hasn't figured it out myself.

Honestly... It was quite a lot of work and expense upfront to get to the point where you can machine them accurately and repetitively. I had to design and develop custom clamps and fixtures as well as custom cutters.

I can't say when or if I'll do another run of keys. I'm so tied up with other projects that I don't even have time to answer the usual flood of emails let alone machine keys and process orders.

I do want to say thanks to everyone that patiently waited for their keys and sorry to those that I wasn't able to get around to.

ismyttz... I have never taken a nickel from anyone. If you do a search you'll see that I have gone out of my way to accommodate everyone that bought a key from me and frankly... it's because of those kind of remarks that I'm reluctant to cut any more.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Instructor

When talking to you just one time I got the feeling that you are not a reliable guy when it comes to time management and customer service. Yes you were nice but heck I can tell anyone anything just to appease them for a little while. A true business man would have followed up with his clients that spend 100.00 to 200.00 a transaction with him. I don't doubt it was hard work getting the business set up and making the keys correctly. But that's half the work. Keeping up with your orders and communicating with your clients is the other half. There were many more guys that were wondering what was going on with their keys after they had paid.

It took them signing on Acurazine to find out that you are too busy or don't have a shop or don't have internet. To me it sounds like one excuse after another. So don't blame me for you inability to perform and operate a business in a business like manner. I wish you well and hope you get all your balls in one court. And it's hard not to think you are or aren't keeping peoples money when you don't reply to multiple emails and many phone calls.
Obviously... You have no idea what is involved as well as how much time and effort my other responsibilities demand. You don't know how many emails I have and have not replied to nor how many orders were taken or refunds given. You don't know how many people I've helped out when a locksmith or dealer screwed up their key or how many times some college student got a key for cost because he didn't have any cash. How many times I spent an hour on the phone talking someone through programming their remote. The list goes on and on. Your arguments are based solely on conjecture and second hand information. The very same kind of information that runs rampant and unabated on forums like these. Life very rarely is a walk in the park and when my primary responsibilities restricted my ability to operate the key business in a fashion that is reasonable. I did what was right... I made the decision to close shop. In doing so everyone that had paid for and not received a key was refunded. No one was taken advantage of nor was there ever any intention on my part to do so.

Look... I don't blame you for being annoyed or even angry. Assuming the worst or that someone is dishonest is something that society has programmed into all of us. Really... I've just had enough. Insult and slam me if that makes you feel better or maybe try to actually make some kind of contribution. Maybe when the shoe's on the other foot you'll gain a different perspective.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Racer

all i said was you didn't conduct business in a very business like mannor. simple as that. end of story

Obviously... You have no idea what is involved as well as how much time and effort my other responsibilities demand. You don't know how many emails I have and have not replied to nor how many orders were taken or refunds given. You don't know how many people I've helped out when a locksmith or dealer screwed up their key or how many times some college student got a key for cost because he didn't have any cash. How many times I spent an hour on the phone talking someone through programming their remote. The list goes on and on. Your arguments are based solely on conjecture and second hand information. The very same kind of information that runs rampant and unabated on forums like these. Life very rarely is a walk in the park and when my primary responsibilities restricted my ability to operate the key business in a fashion that is reasonable. I did what was right... I made the decision to close shop. In doing so everyone that had paid for and not received a key was refunded. No one was taken advantage of nor was there ever any intention on my part to do so.

Look... I don't blame you for being annoyed or even angry. Assuming the worst or that someone is dishonest is something that society has programmed into all of us. Really... I've just had enough. Insult and slam me if that makes you feel better or maybe try to actually make some kind of contribution. Maybe when the shoe's on the other foot you'll gain a different perspective.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
all i said was you didn't conduct business in a very business like mannor. simple as that. end of story
Stop arguing, if you want to, do it in PM, don't pollute the boards. This is about the switchblade's at oakland acura, not FLBUSA.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:23 AM
4th Gear

this is sweet never knew they could do this...thats the same style key that i have with my 2009 MDX
Old 06-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Master Tasker

I have to defend you, FLBUSA, on this one. I had sent you money for two keys, and then spoke with you on the phone - had no trouble getting through to you, you answered the very first ring on the first call I made. When you realized you didn't have keys, you immediately refunded my money - in full. No monkey business, no fooling around. In my book, you're a stand up guy. Thanks for your efforts!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Racer

yeah i'm done arguing..so back to the topic at hand. who got the last key oakland acura had in stock?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Master Tasker

yeah i'm done arguing..so back to the topic at hand. who got the last key oakland acura had in stock?
I have to 'fess up - it was me. when FLBUSA couldn't do it for me I started searching and found this post. I wanted both mem1 and mem2, but they only had the mem1 left. If anyone has a milled but uncut mem2, I'm interested. Andrew at OaklandAcura said the things sold like hot cakes.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by csmeance
Stop arguing, if you want to, do it in PM, don't pollute the boards. This is about the switchblade's at oakland acura, not FLBUSA.
Oakland Acura got their keys from me. They're sold out... I'm no longer making keys. Bottom line is that there are no keys and unless someone figures out how to make keys there will be no keys. End of story.

The best advice I can give anyone out there wanting this mod is...

Save your money. Don't buy an unmachined 07-08 key off ebay or from a dealer. Without design and machining experience and the proper equipment you won't be able to do this mod. I addition... thinking that some machine shop will be able to do it for you for anything less than $200-300 is just a pipe dream.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Intermediate

Oakland Acura got their keys from me. They're sold out... I'm no longer making keys. Bottom line is that there are no keys and unless someone figures out how to make keys there will be no keys. End of story.

The best advice I can give anyone out there wanting this mod is...

Save your money. Don't buy an unmachined 07-08 key off ebay or from a dealer. Without design and machining experience and the proper equipment you won't be able to do this mod. I addition... thinking that some machine shop will be able to do it for you for anything less than $200-300 is just a pipe dream.
Not trying to butt in, but have you thought about selling your business? I mean since you already did all the legwork, I'm sure you could get a good return from someone who wants to buy the machinery and training from you and continue your work. (As opposed to just scrapping the business altogether.)
Old 06-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Slow Paper> No Paper

^^Good Idea because I really want a key bro.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Not trying to butt in, but have you thought about selling your business? I mean since you already did all the legwork, I'm sure you could get a good return from someone who wants to buy the machinery and training from you and continue your work. (As opposed to just scrapping the business altogether.)
Yes... I already considered that. There's mention of it on my site in the Switchblade key section.

www.flbusa.com

Quick Reply: oakland acura salels switchblade key!!!!