Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

number porting experience and HFL

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
number porting experience and HFL

Today I finally ported my number from Nextel to T-mobile and paired the Motorola v525 with the TL. The v525 is by far the best cell phone I've ever owned and the HFL is an absolute dream, but the porting process wasn't so simple.

The port process began around the 28th of February and I quickly encountered numerous error messages from Nextel. After no less than 6 calls, I finally got Nextel to recognize and accept the port request on March 5th. After that, it took 3 calls to T-mobile to get them to process the port. My advice for those contemplating a port: start the process early and frequently check on the status.

As for the phone itself, I am quite impressed. It has all the features I want (clamshell, speakerphone, excellent battery life, and of course, bluetooth) though it wasn't cheap (about $400 shipped).

The pairing process was rather simple, HFL is easy to use, and call clarity is excellent. The only problem I've had thus far is accessing my stored numbers on the phone.

Although I've heard concerns with T-mobile's coverage, I am thrilled with HFL and am so glad I went through the process (albeit a rocky one). I'd even say HFL is an absolute must if you spend any significant time in the car like I do.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just purchased the phone for about the same as you on ebay for $380. I am going to use this phone with Cingular Wireless. From what you wrote it sounds pretty simple to pair. I am just concerned about the phone # thing. Has anything better happened since you first started using like with the phone # deal. One last question...if you are on a phone call and you get into your TL does it pick up the bluetooth right away and convert you into the car from the phone?