3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a fog question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a fog question...

Ok.. so here is the deal. I have read a handful of threads and still have not come up with a good conclusion. Perhaps if some of you savvy readers wanted to help out and show me some pics (I know I've seen them, but never really side by side)

I have an '04 TL. I would really like to put in yellow HID fogs in the bumper instead of the current ones in the headlight houseing.

I guess i have 2 questions (or options might be a better word).

1) Is it possible to change the original fogs to HID fogs so I get a nice deep yellow? If I can do this, I may consider leaving them in the current place.

2) If I am going to put fogs in the lower bumper grill, am I better off going with an 07 bumper and just putting in the 07 fogs and keeping things pretty stock, or do you all think it's just easier or better to do the accord fog mod and keep my 04 bumper?

Thanks in advance for the opinions - I know you all are the experts, and I haven't come across these specific questions from my searches.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
You do know that the stock fog lamps are incandescent, don't you? So changing the stock units to HID is going to be somewhat expensive. Not sure if there are kits out there for this swap, but perhaps an under bumper setup may be the way to go.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
changing the 04 fogs into HIDs is cheap. an average HID kit is around $150-200 max. you just remove the old halogens, pop in the HID bulb, ballast/igniter and plug the wires, replace the fuse and you're done.

Ive done it with all my past cars (swapping the onboard fogs to HID+upgrading the fuse) and have never had a problem.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
changing the 04 fogs into HIDs is cheap. an average HID kit is around $150-200 max. you just remove the old halogens, pop in the HID bulb, ballast/igniter and plug the wires, replace the fuse and you're done.

Ive done it with all my past cars (swapping the onboard fogs to HID+upgrading the fuse) and have never had a problem.

Thats kind of what I was thinking, but does anyone know if I can swap the original fogs (the 04's where they are in the headlight unit - where the new DRL's are for those with newer TL's)

I swapped my fog bulbs for some silverstars and there isn't a whole lot of room behind the lights. With this in mind, I don't know if it would be better to relocate the fogs to the bumper, or leave them where they are currently (if possible)
Old 02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Thats kind of what I was thinking, but does anyone know if I can swap the original fogs (the 04's where they are in the headlight unit - where the new DRL's are for those with newer TL's)

I swapped my fog bulbs for some silverstars and there isn't a whole lot of room behind the lights. With this in mind, I don't know if it would be better to relocate the fogs to the bumper, or leave them where they are currently (if possible)
You need to run another harness and relay and wiring if not another swtich if you decided to run the existing foglights on the headlamp housing. Yes it is possible but a lot of work to run the wires. For me I just relocated the foglight onto the bumper and are running yellow HIDs on it. As for the foglight on the stock housing, I just left it as it is. I didn't run any additional wirings. I think it is over kill if you have too much lights. That's my opinion though. You can but a lot of work.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Cool - thanks for giving me an actual answer. Not that everyone else wasn't helping, but it still left me with too many variables to think about.

So it sounds to me like yellow HID's in the bumper it is. Plus I can run with parking lights and fogs for the hour transition between sundown and dusk.

Mind if I ask what you did for a switch?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Cool - thanks for giving me an actual answer. Not that everyone else wasn't helping, but it still left me with too many variables to think about.

So it sounds to me like yellow HID's in the bumper it is. Plus I can run with parking lights and fogs for the hour transition between sundown and dusk.

Mind if I ask what you did for a switch?
I ran the stock socket which was suppose to be on the foglight headlamp housing onto the new location which is on the bumper. I didn't run any harness since it was plug and play. So I use the stock switch for it. If you want, you can buy a kit either from the dealer or on ebay. Buy the 2004 Honda accord 4 door OEM foglight. It will comes with a new switch. Then you can have both foglight on the stock headlamp housing and the bumper.