Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Northwest TL prices!!???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northwest TL prices!!???

I have heard of several people getting there 06 TL's (6 speed w/navi) for invoice about 32,800. I was wondering if anyone in the northwest has gotten that price or has heard of that happening around here. I live in Olympia WA, and would like the best deal possible of course but the dealerships keep telling me they have never seen one go for invoice, and that is un heard of!! They keep telling me that car is soooo rare!! They don't seem to want to budge form 36k!

Any input would be great!!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 PM
3rd Gear

I'm up in Seattle and made the trip down to Portland to buy my '06 TL Auto w/Navi from Ron Tonkin Acura. I paid $33.5K (includes the NW protection package). This was about $1,800 less than any of the dealers in the Seattle area.

Ron Tonkin was very easy to work with. I flew down, they picked me up at the airport and about 90 minutes later I was on the road heading for home.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Banned

I'm south of you in the San Francisco Bay area, but I am selling TL's with Navi (automatic or manual transmission) for $32,719.97 plus fees. Destination and handling included; local delivery only at this price.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Try Kendall Acura in Eugene Oregon as well.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:30 PM
10th Gear

Got a silver/ebony w/navi auto from Bellevue Acura for $33,600.00
Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
You can try Acura of Portland as well. Thats where I purchased mine.

I don't know what there current deals are now......
Old 03-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
When I got my first TL, I the portland dealers wouldn't budge off MSRP, so I went to Eugene to get it for a little over invoice. When we got our 3G TL, we got a similar offer in Eugene, but I got Acura of Portland to match the offer.

Portland dealers seem to be stuck on MSRP. When I got my G35, Beaverton Infiniti wouldn't budge off MSRP + 1500 (NW Protection package), so I got my coupe in Texas and had it shipped to my front door, and still saved thousands.

If I didn't get the deal I did on the TL, I was prepared to get my TL from out-of-state like my G.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Advanced

Ron Tonkin Acura in Beaverton is a great dealership to work with. When and if I plan on purchasing a newer 3G, I will go to them even though I live on the Eastside. I take my car there for tuneups and whatever else I need, or whatever my baby needs.

Acura of Portland is alot closer to me but I haven't had any luck with them in the past. They won't budge on their prices. And they treat me like I don't know anything about cars. Yes, I'm a girl, but c'mon, I read all the threads on Acurazine!!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought my TL from Acura of Portland since their sales department does great, but their service deparment . So I service it at Ron Tonkin Acura.... where there sales deparment [In my experience] But there really helpful when I take my TL in....
Old 03-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Intermediate

having bought acuras at A of P and ron tonkin, I will say both leave something to be desired. price wise, we ended up with ron tonkin.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mdt0034
Ron Tonkin Acura in Beaverton is a great dealership to work with.
Personally, I hate that dealership. When I went there:

Salesperson closed the hood on my head while I was looking at the engine, and told me, "I have an interested customer wanting to look at this car".

What the hell do I look like? :angryfire

They wouldn't budge on MSRP when I came back a few months later to buy a TL. They offered me a program car with 10,000 miles or so on it, for something like $900 below MSRP or something rediculous like that.

When I came back with a new TL I bought from another dealer (to inquire about having a spoiler installed), the salesman recognized me. Asked how I like my used TL. He said used, because he said they will beat anybody's price so there is no reason to buy elsewhere. On top of that, they quoted me $800 to install the spoiler, when Kendal quoted me almost half that.

I told them that is a lie, because they refused to negotiate with me, so I bought a brand spankin' new TL with 7 miles on the odometer for almost 2 thousand less than what they wanted for their "program" TL.

Despite this, I brought a coworker to Ron Tonkin a year later, because he wanted to buy a TL. Again, they refused to budge on MSRP. I told my friend to walk. The salesman interrupted me, and ask why. He said that out of all their customers, they have never had anyone want to buy from a different dealer, because they can offer the best prices. I called them on that lie and told them I did not buy from them, because they refused to budge off MSRP.

When we got back to work, I pointed out to my coworker, that if he looks at all the Acura's in the parking lot, there are very few with Ron Tonkin license plate frames, but quite a few with "Kendal Acura" frames. (He ended up buying from Kendal like I did)

I get a flat tire on the TL. I take it to Ron Tonkin, becuase they were close by. They refused to patch the tire, because they said they don't do stuff like that. They told me to take it to Les Schwab to have it repaired. I went to BEAVERTON HONDA who patched the tire for free.

Later on, I got the oil jet recall for the tranny. I brought my TL to Ron Tonkin, because it was convenient from work. They refused to perform the recall unless I had the letter in hand, even though they can look up on the computer that my car was covered under the recall campaign.

A while later when the tranny started to give up the ghost, Ron Tonkin told me they don't give Acura loaners when they need your car for more than 24 hours. Acura of Portland gave me an MDX for a few days.

So in the end, I absolutely refuse to ever go to any Ron Tonkin dealership. I gave them many chances, but they failed every time I've gone there.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Drifting

At least Ron Tonkin's sales people are slightly better than Lexus of Portland. A while back when I was car shopping for my car (the TL is the wife's), Lexus of Portland refused to let me test drive the GS, because they said, "We are not in the business of letting high schoolers coming in here and joyriding in our vehicles. Maybe you should come back later with your parents, and we'll change our minds".

I reamed the salesman, and told him I was in my twenties, and actually MARRIED for 5 years. (And it's not like I was dressed in jeans and a T-Shirt. I actually came from a business conference, and met my wife at the dealer. I was wearing a suit, and my wife a business dress, because she came from work as well)

I actually came back later to let those guys know, I made up my mind, and was going to buy a Lexus, but that I would be driving up to Bellevue, Washington to make the purchase, because of the way I was treated by their sales staff.

Beaverton Infiniti and Rasmussen BMW on the other hand. Those dealers have given me nothing but top notch service and respect.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by morgan040
I have heard of several people getting there 06 TL's (6 speed w/navi) for invoice about 32,800. I was wondering if anyone in the northwest has gotten that price or has heard of that happening around here. I live in Olympia WA, and would like the best deal possible of course but the dealerships keep telling me they have never seen one go for invoice, and that is un heard of!! They keep telling me that car is soooo rare!! They don't seem to want to budge form 36k!

Any input would be great!!
Try Hinshaw' Acura in Fife. I live in Lynnwood, WA but drove down there because they have the best deal for me. Try buying towards the end of the month, it was favorable for me, I got my NBP/navi/5AT for $31,500 before taxes and license at a very low interest rate(promo). Goodluck!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Advanced

I got mine at Kendall in Eugene. Negotiation was painless and I got the deal I wanted. Paul Casey is one of the most knowledgeable sales associates I have encountered. I wanted to inspect my car off the truck and they called me at closing time when the truck rolled in that day and stayed around after closing while I checked it out. The delivery went very smooth and Paul took the time to make sure my wife knew how to operate the Nav and all other systems and he connected her phone to the HFL. I have yet to visit their service dept., but have met all the guys and expect a similar positive experience. I would highly recommend Kendall Acura.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by avs007
Personally, I hate that dealership. When I went there:

Salesperson closed the hood on my head while I was looking at the engine, and told me, "I have an interested customer wanting to look at this car".

What the hell do I look like? :angryfire

They wouldn't budge on MSRP when I came back a few months later to buy a TL. They offered me a program car with 10,000 miles or so on it, for something like $900 below MSRP or something rediculous like that.

When I came back with a new TL I bought from another dealer (to inquire about having a spoiler installed), the salesman recognized me. Asked how I like my used TL. He said used, because he said they will beat anybody's price so there is no reason to buy elsewhere. On top of that, they quoted me $800 to install the spoiler, when Kendal quoted me almost half that.

I told them that is a lie, because they refused to negotiate with me, so I bought a brand spankin' new TL with 7 miles on the odometer for almost 2 thousand less than what they wanted for their "program" TL.

Despite this, I brought a coworker to Ron Tonkin a year later, because he wanted to buy a TL. Again, they refused to budge on MSRP. I told my friend to walk. The salesman interrupted me, and ask why. He said that out of all their customers, they have never had anyone want to buy from a different dealer, because they can offer the best prices. I called them on that lie and told them I did not buy from them, because they refused to budge off MSRP.

When we got back to work, I pointed out to my coworker, that if he looks at all the Acura's in the parking lot, there are very few with Ron Tonkin license plate frames, but quite a few with "Kendal Acura" frames. (He ended up buying from Kendal like I did)

I get a flat tire on the TL. I take it to Ron Tonkin, becuase they were close by. They refused to patch the tire, because they said they don't do stuff like that. They told me to take it to Les Schwab to have it repaired. I went to BEAVERTON HONDA who patched the tire for free.

Later on, I got the oil jet recall for the tranny. I brought my TL to Ron Tonkin, because it was convenient from work. They refused to perform the recall unless I had the letter in hand, even though they can look up on the computer that my car was covered under the recall campaign.

A while later when the tranny started to give up the ghost, Ron Tonkin told me they don't give Acura loaners when they need your car for more than 24 hours. Acura of Portland gave me an MDX for a few days.

So in the end, I absolutely refuse to ever go to any Ron Tonkin dealership. I gave them many chances, but they failed every time I've gone there.

i am not one to stick up for dealers, but i think you must have done something to piss them off. when we went there, right away, they said since it was brand new (05's just out) they can only do 500 off msrp. if we waited longer, they could take more off. seems pretty up front to me.

they also gave us a tsx loaner for a day just for an oil change and navi recall.
also, it was ~400 installed for our lip spoiler
Old 03-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

also wanted to add, I got in a screaming match with a salesperson and the dealership manager at acura of portland over a 98 type r. they lost me for life at that point. important to note, i did not start the match
Old 03-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by hadboosttroy
i am not one to stick up for dealers, but i think you must have done something to piss them off.

snip snip

they also gave us a tsx loaner for a day just for an oil change and navi recall.
also, it was ~400 installed for our lip spoiler
Oil change/Navi recall take less than a day. They told me they don't give acura loaners, when it takes > 1 day.

when we went there, right away, they said since it was brand new (05's just out) they can only do 500 off msrp. if we waited longer, they could take more off. seems pretty up front to me.
And why is this? Because it was brand new, they can only do 500 off MSRP? BS. When I refered my Coworker to Kendal, he ordered his 05' in the middle of 04. He had one of the first batch of 05's to arrive at the dealer, and still got the car for ~2000 off MSRP. I got my 05' shortly afterwards, and got a slightly better deal at the same dealer.

How could I piss them off? I was minding my own business in the lot, looking under the hood. Salesman came out, walked up to the hood, and shut it on my head. This was actually the very first time I set foot at that dealer, because it was before I bought the TL.

Second time I come back to dealer. They try to sell me a used car for basically MSRP. This was also when we bought our 2G TL, at near the end of the year. They should be able to do better than this.

This was a few days after the previous visit. I was talking about a wing spoiler, not a lip spoiler. Also, what kind of dealer asks you how your "used" car is? That's just plain rude. That's like me asking your wife how she likes her CZ ring.

Ron Tonkin was just being cocky. Don't tell the customer stupid things like, "We've never lost customers due to price because we always work with you to offer you the best price of any dealer", unless you know them to be true. It was obviously a lie, because it happened to me.

This was over a year since any contact with the dealer. And most of the previous interaction was with the sales staff, not the service department. This is just plain bad service. How can Acura not offer this service, but the Honda dealer happily do it for free? If it was because of something I did, then surely Acura isn't so dumb as to burn the customer. Please one customer, and you make a customer for life. Burn one however, and that customer will be sure to tell everyone they know, and get them to tell everyone they know, to never give their business to them. I can't be the only one, othewise the parking lot at my work should have more Ron Tonkin cars. There has to be a reason that a majority of the Acura's are wearing Kendal plate frames, when Ron Tonkin is 10 miles away and Kendal is 120 miles away.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by avs007
Oil change/Navi recall take less than a day. They told me they don't give acura loaners, when it takes > 1 day.

And why is this? Because it was brand new, they can only do 500 off MSRP? BS. When I refered my Coworker to Kendal, he ordered his 05' in the middle of 04. He had one of the first batch of 05's to arrive at the dealer, and still got the car for ~2000 off MSRP. I got my 05' shortly afterwards, and got a slightly better deal at the same dealer.

How could I piss them off? I was minding my own business in the lot, looking under the hood. Salesman came out, walked up to the hood, and shut it on my head. This was actually the very first time I set foot at that dealer, because it was before I bought the TL.

Second time I come back to dealer. They try to sell me a used car for basically MSRP. This was also when we bought our 2G TL, at near the end of the year. They should be able to do better than this.

This was a few days after the previous visit. I was talking about a wing spoiler, not a lip spoiler. Also, what kind of dealer asks you how your "used" car is? That's just plain rude. That's like me asking your wife how she likes her CZ ring.

Ron Tonkin was just being cocky. Don't tell the customer stupid things like, "We've never lost customers due to price because we always work with you to offer you the best price of any dealer", unless you know them to be true. It was obviously a lie, because it happened to me.

This was over a year since any contact with the dealer. And most of the previous interaction was with the sales staff, not the service department. This is just plain bad service. How can Acura not offer this service, but the Honda dealer happily do it for free? If it was because of something I did, then surely Acura isn't so dumb as to burn the customer. Please one customer, and you make a customer for life. Burn one however, and that customer will be sure to tell everyone they know, and get them to tell everyone they know, to never give their business to them. I can't be the only one, othewise the parking lot at my work should have more Ron Tonkin cars. There has to be a reason that a majority of the Acura's are wearing Kendal plate frames, when Ron Tonkin is 10 miles away and Kendal is 120 miles away.

it did take longer than one day. also forgot to add, they had to refit our a-spec lip which probably took most of the time. had a tsx for 1.5 days. like i said, i dislike all dealers. the only dealer i have ever liked, and continue to like, is st. johns honda. nicest people in the world.

ron tonkin acura isn't great, neither is aop. however, we've always been treated fine at rt. tonkin continually wins the award, 14 years straight or something like that, that AOP has never won to my knowledge, so they must be doing something right?