3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Northern Virginia prices?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I am getting weekly updates on this thread. Just to reply.

The whole deal with having Pohanka fax Radley was a farce even when I first posted it.

The Radley sales rep. called me the day my car arrived at Pohanka. I told them if they can sweeten the deal, not just a couple hundred dollars, I would buy from them. After some back forth banter he basically told in a sarcastic manner to enjoy my TL from Pohanka. One of my business partners has since seen my car and is looking to get one. That sales rep sure lost the chance at another deal. What an idiot.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Advanced

Smile

Bought my Deep Green Pearl with Camel interior yesterday (4/28). Paid $30,850 + processing fee, taxes, filing fee, and tags (for an out-the-door price of $32,131)

This price included the Protection Package (Trunk Tray, All-Season floor mats, and splash guards), Door-Edge Trim, Moonroof Visor, wheel locks, and LoJack.

Love my TL!
Old 04-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Advanced

Forgot to add - It's a Non-Nav Automatic
Old 04-30-2004, 06:35 AM
4th Gear

We purchased last month from KarenRadley. $1500 below MSRP. Pohanka was offering same deal on white/parch/navi, but I would have to wait 6 weeks. When I called to tell Pohanka I bought one elsewhere, the saleman told me several TL's had arrived that very day unexpectedly... Seemed strange to me... could it have been "available" I was going to pay full retail?... It made me wonder...
Old 04-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by rdthornton
We purchased last month from KarenRadley. $1500 below MSRP. Pohanka was offering same deal on white/parch/navi, but I would have to wait 6 weeks. When I called to tell Pohanka I bought one elsewhere, the saleman told me several TL's had arrived that very day unexpectedly... Seemed strange to me... could it have been "available" I was going to pay full retail?... It made me wonder...
Did you a pay processing fee at Radley?
Old 04-30-2004, 09:02 AM
4th Gear

Processing Fee

Yes, I paid the fee like everyone else. I took it into consideration and was still very happy with deal. I had spoken or emailed practically EVERY Acura dealer from New Jersey to North Carolina. The worst was in Greensboro, NC, and KarenRadley was the best. As usual, you'll ONLY get a decent deal if you are buying WITHOUT a trade-in.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by rdthornton
Yes, I paid the fee like everyone else. I took it into consideration and was still very happy with deal. I had spoken or emailed practically EVERY Acura dealer from New Jersey to North Carolina. The worst was in Greensboro, NC, and KarenRadley was the best. As usual, you'll ONLY get a decent deal if you are buying WITHOUT a trade-in.
That price was not bad for Radley. That's about the lowest I have heard them go on a Navi.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:16 PM
4th Gear

My bro-in-law bought a Silver/Quartz non-NAV 5AT from Radley Acura for $30,000 plus taxes, tags, and $249 processing fee. Out the door price was $31,200. If I'm not mistaken, that was $300 off of the invoice price.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by koolkat1973
My bro-in-law bought a Silver/Quartz non-NAV 5AT from Radley Acura for $30,000 plus taxes, tags, and $249 processing fee. Out the door price was $31,200. If I'm not mistaken, that was $300 off of the invoice price.
Yep,
They are willing to move on Non-Navis, infact the sales guy wanted to convince me that I would never ever use navi so I should buy one of the 13 or so they had on the lot....
Old 05-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Advanced

DC area Acura

We got our Silver AT TL with Navi from Rosenthal for $1000 under MSRP. With the way those things are flying off, I felt very good with that price (called around a bit, but didn't work as hard as I could have). Got the trun tray and half bra for cost (like $70/each). We're thrilled with the car. Only complaint so far is my Acura keychain keep falling off from a stripped screw

Joe
Old 09-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I have brought this thread back if anyone can contribute. I'm ready to by 5AT/Navi here in DC/NoVa.

Chevy Chase has my colors in stock, but best they could do was 33,850 (plus tags, tax and $100 bs fee).

Anyone else in town better to deal with?
Old 09-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by baby_igor
I have brought this thread back if anyone can contribute. I'm ready to by 5AT/Navi here in DC/NoVa.

Chevy Chase has my colors in stock, but best they could do was 33,850 (plus tags, tax and $100 bs fee).

Anyone else in town better to deal with?
Just picked up a 5AT/Navi at Tischer in Laurel for $33100 + they gave me $400 above Kelly Blue Book on my trade (basically matched what CarMax offered). I didn't negotiate any accessories (not sure what, if any, I want). It appears the provide wheel locks, a nice custome keyring ring, free car washes for life, and a VIP card (with a $50 starting balance towards any accessory/services) for free. BTW, Norris Acura down the street from me also offered $2K off MSRP without batting an eye, but I like Tischer better and it's only about 10 miles further away.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Cruisin'

I hadn't researched much or found this thread before we bought. I knew Edmunds TMV report and I had the sense that this is a hot car, and probably worth MSRP.
I'm very happy with Pohanka so far, since I bought the DPM/Quartz 5AT 8/28, almost a week ago.
But negotiation is very important. If I hadn't negotiated then what they wanted for everything we got (their "asking price") was close to $4,000 more than what we paid. The crazy thing were all the warrentys they try sell us after we already negotiated the car price. We did want some waranties, they wanted $2,400 for the 7/100,000 and I had decided it was worth about $1,200 to me. I got it for $1,000 but with added $100 deductable. I got theappearance protection package and somehow, that seemed worth the $499 they were asking. Some things I negotiated, and other things I did not bother, like the deck lid was $529 or something. I knew it was not worth near that but I went ahead to pay it. We were actually pleasantly surprised that they accepted our base offer that was less than $1,000 over invoice, so then we let them ding us some on other stuff. Anyway, I would highly recommend Pohanka and that you reasearch and prepare to negotiate.
I went to Radley a few months ago and took a test drive but was not that happy with the place. And I bought an Accord before from Rosenthal and I would never go near there again.
The TL is fantastic and now is probably a good time to buy because they want to move the 2004s faster.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

Question about Sales Tax

Hey everyone, I've been sitting on the sidelines for too long..... This is my first post to the board but I've been watching like a hawk recently as there's some very good information out here...

I live in the Metro DC area and I'm looking at a 2004 TL, and I've seen some of the great prices people are getting from places like NJ but how does Sales Tax work if you purchase the vehicle in a different state than where it will be titled? I think NJ has a 6% sales tax vs 3% in VA. Would I pay VA Sales tax in NJ, no tax until I register the vehicle in VA?, NJ Sales Tax?

At the end of the day, the difference between NJ and VA Sales tax is about $1000 so, depending on the difference between pricing, is it worth purchasing out of state at that point?

Thanks,
Old 09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by bigWil
Hey everyone, I've been sitting on the sidelines for too long..... This is my first post to the board but I've been watching like a hawk recently as there's some very good information out here...

I live in the Metro DC area and I'm looking at a 2004 TL, and I've seen some of the great prices people are getting from places like NJ but how does Sales Tax work if you purchase the vehicle in a different state than where it will be titled? I think NJ has a 6% sales tax vs 3% in VA. Would I pay VA Sales tax in NJ, no tax until I register the vehicle in VA?, NJ Sales Tax?

At the end of the day, the difference between NJ and VA Sales tax is about $1000 so, depending on the difference between pricing, is it worth purchasing out of state at that point?

Thanks,
You pay sales tax based on where you live (where the vehicle will be registered). I purchased in NJ but paid 3% VA tax. It was worth it for me back during the end of January. No one was willing to deal in VA/MD and most had a long waitlist for Navi models. I did my deal via e-mail/phone to NJ then the best part of it all...I had a wonderful 3 hour drive home in my TL!
Old 09-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I believe sales tax is charged on all sales within the state, period, and that you would pay Virginia sales tax and then you would pay New Jersey whatever titling and registration fees New Jersey charges, and vice versa if you buy the car in New Jersey. A New Jersey dealer would not charge you Virginia sales tax because he's not making the sale in Virginia.

I got my 6MT/Navi at Radley Acura last month for $33,600. No trade-in since my prior car had been totaled when I was rear-ended (they didn't learn this until after the deal was done, of course). I wasn't able to get much of a deal on any accessories, but that didn't surprise me a whole lot given the price on the car.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I believe sales tax is charged on all sales within the state, period, and that you would pay Virginia sales tax and then you would pay New Jersey whatever titling and registration fees New Jersey charges, and vice versa if you buy the car in New Jersey. A New Jersey dealer would not charge you Virginia sales tax because he's not making the sale in Virginia.

I got my 6MT/Navi at Radley Acura last month for $33,600. No trade-in since my prior car had been totaled when I was rear-ended (they didn't learn this until after the deal was done, of course). I wasn't able to get much of a deal on any accessories, but that didn't surprise me a whole lot given the price on the car.

Also, to answer part of this post, I registered my own vehicle in VA, the dealer gave me a temp tag. 45 min at DMV beats paying them $200 (reg. fees) for what costs about $70. The dealer did not charge me anything for the temp tag. Another thing I could not get past is VA dealers charging the "processing fee". All that is is the dealer making $.