3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New York's Finest: FDNY! Thank God for them! (56k, take a vacation)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
I definitely see your point MB nobody should be at the limit of defrauding of course. At the same time I think many of us can relate when insurance companies have taken us for a ride. They always try to get out of their obligations with "fine print". They always try to make the most out of the situation and save their own ass and leave you. Their employees are paid to screw you over a lot of times even over $100. They have no mercy sometimes and act like they own the damn company. (as you can tell, I sound like someone that has many arguements with them!) They always want to take the cheap way out.....like patch things up instead of replacement or put aftermarket parts instead of genuine on your car. They will tell you your car "looks" like it did before the accident but your 1yr old car really isn't the same anymore.

So I say, look out for yourself. Demand the best especially because you are not at fault.
Amen to that brother!

Hopefully I will be able to show face at the meet on Saturday. I'm pretty sure your name was on the attending list.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:39 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
I definitely see your point MB nobody should be at the limit of defrauding of course. At the same time I think many of us can relate when insurance companies have taken us for a ride. They always try to get out of their obligations with "fine print". They always try to make the most out of the situation and save their own ass and leave you. Their employees are paid to screw you over a lot of times even over $100. They have no mercy sometimes and act like they own the damn company. (as you can tell, I sound like someone that has many arguements with them!) They always want to take the cheap way out.....like patch things up instead of replacement or put aftermarket parts instead of genuine on your car. They will tell you your car "looks" like it did before the accident but your 1yr old car really isn't the same anymore.

So I say, look out for yourself. Demand the best especially because you are not at fault.
Thats why you demand it be done at a reputable shop of your choice and with nothing but OEM parts. State Farm has never given me any grief over this type of demanding. I did have an issue with "prevailing labor rates" with the Lexus at one time...but this was settled by moving to a different shop. I see what you mean about insurance companies and partially agree...but its a basic contract. If it doesnt fall into it...they arent liable...simple as that. So far as fix instead of replace...thats all in the contract verbiage too if you read it prior to having an issue as to when and if they can do this. I know what you mean though.....insurance companies are like the devil!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Driven to Perfection

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmxxpert
The wheel looks like it sustained some damage. There are marks on the tire and the rim is scratched/gouged in line with the impact on the bumper. Get estimates, many times an aftermarket part if less than the factory part and many ins adjusters who are cutting the checks are open to options.

Jeremy
^+1. Make sure you get a NEW wheel and tire.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Well his estimate is done.... Now he has to wait for the nyc comptrollers office to finally write a check for the damages... Which will be a minimum of 30 days
Old 06-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by stillhere153
Well his estimate is done.... Now he has to wait for the nyc comptrollers office to finally write a check for the damages... Which will be a minimum of 30 days
Yes sir! Hopefully everything will work smoothly.

As for now, some temporary fixes...

Ouch! is what she said as the bandaids went on...

Thanks to Doctor Al for the bandaids! But no really, the bandaids did belong to Al! Good looking out homie!

Old 06-13-2008, 04:20 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

wait till racinghart03 sees this

I think I do great bodywork... especially how I made your bumper stay up even tho the piece is broken
Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Good looks.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Pro

I assume you have a police accident report, and that you have reported this to your own insurance company. If you seek recovery from the FDNY, you must also file a proof of claim because you are dealing with a City agency. Filing must be done quickly, because if you do not file timely (I do know off the top how many days you have after the date of accident), you are out of luck. Demand OEM parts for the repair job, but do not expect the City to pay for parts that were not damaged. Be fair and reasonable in the claim process!!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by aSPECtL06
A couple of questions:

1) How can I make the most of this?
Just a few things. The FDNY are the Bravest; the Finest are the cops. Your bumper already looked like shit before it got hit. I hope the NYC bureaucracy makes the most of it & has you jump through hoops to get you the money you don't deserve.

Maybe the FDNY can make the most of it & rip some stuff off if your parents ever have a fire.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kenny5
I assume you have a police accident report, and that you have reported this to your own insurance company. If you seek recovery from the FDNY, you must also file a proof of claim because you are dealing with a City agency. Filing must be done quickly, because if you do not file timely (I do know off the top how many days you have after the date of accident), you are out of luck. Demand OEM parts for the repair job, but do not expect the City to pay for parts that were not damaged. Be fair and reasonable in the claim process!!
I will be filing my claim on Monday. Got all the paperwork together and will be good to go in a few weeks! All I'm getting is the replacement bumper so no need to worry about anything else.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Just a few things. The FDNY are the Bravest; the Finest are the cops. Your bumper already looked like shit before it got hit. I hope the NYC bureaucracy makes the most of it & has you jump through hoops to get you the money you don't deserve.

Maybe the FDNY can make the most of it & rip some stuff off if your parents ever have a fire.
Ok, my mistake for that but yeah, my bumper was scratched up and chipping paint due to NYC parking so no need to go calling it s**t. Also, my bumper was not popping out on the drivers side so open your eyes buddy. If they do have me 'jump through hoops', it is not a problem seeing as how I am getting a replacement bumper and a paint job so get your facts right before you come off like that; so money I deserve, I will be getting.

They can try to rip my family off if they want but if and when the time comes, hopefully never, it will be dealt with. Thanks for the horrible, useless post though. right back at you buddy.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:35 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

yea you guys are being way toooo harsh... I already said I stepped in there and took the OP to a body shop to get an estimate and the wheels turning for him to get reimbursed... he has to fix his car out of pocket... then few weeks later he will get his money back... THAT RIGHT THERE IS TOTAL BS
Old 06-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Jokerman

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
definately replace the rim and do not go for aftermarket, unless you can get one straight from the company that makes them for acura. i would personally have it at the body shop the same day to get an estimate of the damage. There could be underlying problems that you will not see until the front fascia is removed. The actual bumper could be bent, you could have some clip damage to the headlight and who knows what else. But from what you can tell from the pics, you definately need a new rim and front fascia. Definaltely go for diminished value, you just lost a lot of money due to them backing into you. Make sure you go OEM for everything.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by aSPECtL06
it is not a problem seeing as how I am getting a replacement bumper and a paint job so get your facts right before you come off like that; so money I deserve, I will be getting. Thanks for the horrible, useless post though. right back at you buddy.
What you deserve is a replacement for your stock bumper, damaged wheel & any underlying damage, nothing more nothing less, which is not what you asked for in your original post.

You asked "Could I possibly get the Type S front bumper or the VERSUS front bumper (something I planned on getting by the end of the summer)?"

You also asked "How can I make the most of this?"

BTW there are a number of other responses in the thread that read your original post the same way I did.

Pretty funny; a wannabe insurance scamer crying victim when he is call out.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
You could get a quote from the dealer and get a check based on that quote and then take the car to another shop that would fix it for less. Are you getting a new front lip?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:10 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Here's an idea....let your insurance company deal with it and the underlying dealing with NYC afterwards. After all....that IS what you pay for to some degree. Its not your fault...your rates will not increase over it.

And note...upgrading or changing from "what was"....durring an insurance claim is not the time to do it in most cases. They usually see that as an opportunity to get out of some of the charges as you are willing to shell out money yourself from the get go. In other words....talk about coming with your pocket book in hand....they WILL see if they can get you to use it. Fix it back the way it was and then deal with your upgrades afterwards. In other words...they are not going to pay for anything different than was there from the get go.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Here's an idea....let your insurance company deal with it and the underlying dealing with NYC afterwards. After all....that IS what you pay for to some degree. Its not your fault...your rates will not increase over it.

And note...upgrading or changing from "what was"....durring an insurance claim is not the time to do it in most cases. They usually see that as an opportunity to get out of some of the charges as you are willing to shell out money yourself from the get go. In other words....talk about coming with your pocket book in hand....they WILL see if they can get you to use it. Fix it back the way it was and then deal with your upgrades afterwards. In other words...they are not going to pay for anything different than was there from the get go.
Point taken which is why I'm getting a new rim and a new bumper.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
What you deserve is a replacement for your stock bumper, damaged wheel & any underlying damage, nothing more nothing less, which is not what you asked for in your original post.

You asked "Could I possibly get the Type S front bumper or the VERSUS front bumper (something I planned on getting by the end of the summer)?"

You also asked "How can I make the most of this?"

BTW there are a number of other responses in the thread that read your original post the same way I did.

Pretty funny; a wannabe insurance scamer crying victim when he is call out.
How could you assume that I didn't mean that I wouldn't pay for the upgrade? How do you know that I couldn't use the money from insurance as a credit towards an upgraded bumper? Exactly, you didn't. So there you go, you're done.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:08 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WHY the hell are them in the hurry for???? they hit the crap out of your vehicle and scrap your rim also?? WTH...

go to a good body shop and check everything else once your bumper is off...good luck
Old 06-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Advanced

I would go around ask around and see if there are any body shops that will swap out the bumper to one you want. Cost will be the same because you will have to get a new one but the insurance for FDNY will put up a fight
Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Was that damage right under the grill already there or part of the accident. You mentioned chipping paint but that looks like baseball sized rocks! If it was already there, you got seriously lucky!!!!

I vote for either the aspec or RJ front. Not a fan of the type s or versus. Maybe you can get some new wheels too. OE wheels are pretty expensive so hopefully it won't cost you too much out of pocket!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Instructor

I don't think you posted enough pics.. Throw up a few more for good measure..