3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if Bosch Icon Blades are available in 26"?
Two Pep Boys near me do not have 26" in stock.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:59 AM
信是寶

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am just posting because I have always been anal when it comes to having my wipers functioning properly. I used to replace my rubger blades twice a year, I need a clean windshield, especially when driving in the rain during the night time, to reduce glare. So giving my 2 cents to past points from this post:

Most rubber blades suck and do not last long, graphite and silicon work much better and last longer.

I have the Sporza blades on my car for over a year now and I just placed an order for refills from the autobarn for $7 (19") - $9 (26").

The Sporza blade has the spoiler AND is silicon.

The spoiler is designed to work at higher speeds by creating more downforce on the blade, preventing it from lifting off the windshield during operation. Do we drive that fast?!?

I have the "carbon" blades - they are not carbon fiber. Just like the inside trim, it is not REAL carbon fiber. The spoiler just has carbon fiber print, so to say. Carbon fiber is expensive and not what these are made of.

RainX and all the other crap will degrade regular rubber faster and does not work well with the silicon over time (armor all for your tires?!? ...I think not, same chemical reaction). Sure it works great the first month, but then what? You also have to apply the stuff on a regular basis, as it does come off, especially when using the wipers. The silicon lays down a light coating, kinda like the RainX stuff; this is why it is recommended to run the wipers after washing your car to lay down a new coat of silicon on you windshield, kinda like the lubricant you are supposed to put on your windshield when you first install the wipers.

The Bosh blades are also good, I have them on my other car.

Whatever you go with, just keep them in good working order. I see so many people with old wipers that dramatically degrade visibility during percipitation or when trying to wash their windshield while driving ... when shit just smears all over the place.