AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   New TL commercial on TV (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/new-tl-commercial-tv-585698/)

mayflowerman 11-07-2005 11:32 PM

New TL commercial on TV

Just saw a new TL commercial advertising the voice command features.

Very cool the way they showed it. Various drivers speaking commands like "Chinese", "What time is it?", or "Temp. Higher".

We own a very cool car. Bleeding-edge features the last two years and still on the cutting edge compared to most cars today.

dotnetpimp 11-08-2005 12:09 AM

Funny...I'm lurking here, and the ad comes on. "The Voice-Activated TL."

Cool spot, but they forgot "Smoke that pompous jerk in the Bimmer." :thumbsup:

tzakiel 11-08-2005 12:19 AM

I have never failed to impress family and friends with "find nearest chinese food" command.

SSMTL04 11-08-2005 01:13 AM

haha damn...too bad i don't have the navi!

mp3car 11-08-2005 06:49 AM

why is it everyone says Chinese restaurant when showing off their car? I either do "find nearest gas station" or "find nearest Chinese restaurant" hah! :)

z06girl 11-08-2005 07:28 AM

Do you happen to have a clip on your computer? I'd love to see it :)

AcuraVic 11-08-2005 07:50 AM

In Atlanta, we need the 'display strip clubs' command :toocool:

chill_dog 11-08-2005 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
In Atlanta, we need the 'display strip clubs' command :toocool:

Now Charlotte residents have "naughty cheerleader's house".

Where/when was this new commercial seen?

bigman606 11-08-2005 10:22 AM

I always have fun with folks where after giving a series of commands, I utter "Turn on drivers back massage". :)

neuronbob 11-08-2005 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Now Charlotte residents have "naughty cheerleader's house".

:rofl:

I heard about that, that was sooooo funny. Why would they be having sex in the bathroom in public anyway? That was what reportedly led to that fight....

Back on topic....there was a commercial similar to that for the current edition of the Accord with navi when it first came out in 2002. I guess they reprised it for the TL. Will be looking for this.

There is also a two-page ad in the current Car and Driver basically saying that the car was so smooth and fast that you'd get to work EARLY. WTF? I wish I had time to scan it in...

chill_dog 11-08-2005 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by neuronbob
:rofl:

I heard about that, that was sooooo funny. Why would they be having sex in the bathroom in public anyway? That was what reportedly led to that fight....

Back on topic....there was a commercial similar to that for the current edition of the Accord with navi when it first came out in 2002. I guess they reprised it for the TL. Will be looking for this.

There is also a two-page ad in the current Car and Driver basically saying that the car was so smooth and fast that you'd get to work EARLY. WTF? I wish I had time to scan it in...

Check out Ramblings. Of course, being local, we're getting the latest news as it's available...I find it hilarious!

Who would want to get to work early? That sounds like a weak ad (still would like to see it). At least it's not some weird ad with people running around in the woods...

crazymjb 11-08-2005 05:50 PM

Haven't seen this one yet but doubt it can compare to the new RL commercial :(

SilverStoneTTL 11-08-2005 05:55 PM

Someone have a clip of this commercial or the older one where the road would form in front of the car?

I would love to have these.
Anyone?

SilverStoneTTL 11-08-2005 06:04 PM

Ok actually I got the one with the road so now I just need any others, like this new one that are out there.

mio 11-08-2005 06:59 PM

any links?

TL CHROMETIDE 11-08-2005 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Haven't seen this one yet but doubt it can compare to the new RL commercial :(

How's this one? I haven't seen it yet.

crazymjb 11-08-2005 10:15 PM

I just saw it, doesnt compare to the first TL commercial, and is very far from the RL commercial.

SilverStoneTTL 11-08-2005 10:40 PM

Someone have a link to the new one?! Where can I find it?

Here is a link to the old one for those who want it or may have not seen it:
http://homepage.mac.com/nfbetancur/M...mmercials.html

The file to download is available under files.

z06girl 11-09-2005 08:15 AM

WOW, thank you so much for sharing that link SilverStoneTTL... I've never seen the "Original TL launch Ad", it was really cool !
Thanks!

chill_dog 11-09-2005 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL

:thumbsup: My favorite TL commercial (of the ones I've seen). Thanks.

SilverStoneTTL 11-09-2005 10:43 AM

Glad you guys liked it.

Anyone been able to find the new one though...?

DMZ 11-09-2005 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL

I have all 4 pre-'06 3G TL commercials, Roads, Money, Satellite, and the '05 NY / LA. They're .mov files which require QuickTime Player.

PM me if you want them e-mailed to you. Or, if the Admins would allow for and make a place to post here for downloading, I could do that too.

:yum:

SilverStoneTTL 11-09-2005 02:42 PM

For those who want to see it,The link has another 3G TL video: Money.

I am waiting for DMZ to get me the other videos to post them up.

crazymjb 11-09-2005 04:16 PM

The road one is the coolest but the munny 1 is my new favorite. I believe I saw it before we were even considering getting the TL.

jbcritch 11-09-2005 04:20 PM

I asked my Navi Beatch for a blow and all she said was "pardon?"

:whyme:

DMZ 11-09-2005 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by crazymjb
The road one is the coolest but the munny 1 is my new favorite. I believe I saw it before we were even considering getting the TL.

Ripped the audio from that one into a separate MP3 file, then buned it onto a regular audio CD (with other stuff). So now whenever I have to pass someone, I hit the voice button on the back left of the steering wheel, say "CD PLAY DISC 2 TRACK 16", and get myself psyched up to 'pass to the music'.

That reminds me of 'Dance to the Music' by Sly and the Family Stone.
Wow! A commercial with 2 songs !!!

ghanaba 11-12-2005 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by mayflowerman
Various drivers speaking commands like "Chinese", "What time is it?", or "Temp. Higher".

I saw this particular ad on TV, and I could have sworn I heard a "Volume Up" command in the ad. I went out to my 2004 TL and tried it, but it did not work. I looked up the available navi voice commands, and it does not include "Volume Up" or "Volume Down". Is this unique to 2005s, or am I missing something.

Actuary 11-12-2005 02:12 PM

Navi manual says volume up works in Set-up screen 1. but not for radio probably.