Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me '07 TL

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning,

I recently acquired a 2007 TL Base with ~84k miles. Car runs well besides a few quirks that have recently popped up. Ordered parts for the 105k service, service manual, and a bunch of oil filters. One issue that I am having is that I am hearing some REAL weird noises from what I would guess is the suspension. When started in the cold (no garage, was ~25 this morning), it sounds like the car is going to rattle apart as I'm driving out of my apartment complex. After driving about five minutes though, the clanks and rattles go completely away. Not a peep. Odd, but whatever, maybe the bushings are cold/old/etc. I'll have a look this weekend. When I get to work, I turn the wheel to back into the spot, and when I lightly hit the brakes and get off them, there is a groan that comes from the front driver's side wheel area. It sounds like when you inflate a balloon and rub your hand on it and the friction makes that loud rubbing noise. When the wheel is straight as an arrow, it's less noticeable/GONE. I searched but came up with way too many threads (which isn't a bad problem to have...). I am going to get the car up on some jack stands this weekend and have a look at the bushings. I found oemacuraparts.com and have been already pricing stuff out there. The forum looks to have a huge wealth of information and I look forward to many miles of ownership. Thanks.

-J

I meant to actually add a question to that post, it was not meant to be a narrative on my new vehicle. The question should have stated, "has anyone had anything else remotely similar to this?"

Whoops.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 11-21-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Did you get any kind of warranty on it?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
welcome to the site, you can register your color here https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/tl-owners-please-chime-855960/ thnx.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for responses. I found an OLD thread with someone having a similar problem, but the thread was abandoned and I never saw resolution in it...

Neto, there was no warranty with the car besides a small powertrain warranty.

truong, will do, thanks.

-J
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Welcome J-enjoy your new ride.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
My TL's engine use to make that knocking noise at the engine before, around 80K miles, it eventually went away when the weather wasnt as cold... and its never happened again.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by lastcall190
Good morning,

I recently acquired a 2007 TL Base with ~84k miles. Car runs well besides a few quirks that have recently popped up. Ordered parts for the 105k service, service manual, and a bunch of oil filters. One issue that I am having is that I am hearing some REAL weird noises from what I would guess is the suspension. When started in the cold (no garage, was ~25 this morning), it sounds like the car is going to rattle apart as I'm driving out of my apartment complex. After driving about five minutes though, the clanks and rattles go completely away. Not a peep. Odd, but whatever, maybe the bushings are cold/old/etc. I'll have a look this weekend. When I get to work, I turn the wheel to back into the spot, and when I lightly hit the brakes and get off them, there is a groan that comes from the front driver's side wheel area. It sounds like when you inflate a balloon and rub your hand on it and the friction makes that loud rubbing noise. When the wheel is straight as an arrow, it's less noticeable/GONE. I searched but came up with way too many threads (which isn't a bad problem to have...). I am going to get the car up on some jack stands this weekend and have a look at the bushings. I found oemacuraparts.com and have been already pricing stuff out there. The forum looks to have a huge wealth of information and I look forward to many miles of ownership. Thanks.

-J

I meant to actually add a question to that post, it was not meant to be a narrative on my new vehicle. The question should have stated, "has anyone had anything else remotely similar to this?"

Whoops.
I get that same sound as if something is lightly rubbing against the tire on the front drivers side. I'm so glad someone else has this issue. Hopefully between the 2 of us we can find thi issue. BTW welcome to AZ.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Congrats and welcome J!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Cruisin'

Steven: Thank you.

Ultimatum: Interesting. I will keep an ear open as the weather gets warmer. When I bought the car it was a solid 40deg warmer than it's been, go figure haha...

Para: Thanks, I will keep this thread posted when I get the car up this weekend and visually/physically inspect some of the front end bits. If I can figure it out maybe it will solve your issue as well.

Vp: Thank you.

-J
Old 11-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
morning noise - engine mount??? i heard if it's leaking it's done.

brake groan - i think i get the groan too when car sits in rain for couple days and rotors rust.
it's just annoying not safety or any performance. but if it's annoying lube the sliding pins, back of the pads and clips in the caliper.
or you can use this as an excuse to get yourself performance pads does your car have OEM pads????

i really hate when brake shops (not me, to other people who can't DIY) tell customers "just drive a few hundred miles. the noise will go away"

welcome. i got my 07 base @ 84301mls little more than a year ago.
i freaked and got prepared to do 105k service only to realize i don't have to worry about a thing until car tells me code 4 lol
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks... I have OEM pads that will need to be changed before winter is out, however it seems to do it, fairly loud, when first driving. I took a quick peek at my pass. side mount, and it looks to be cracked underneath the bracket that mounts on top. Guess I'll be doing that with the timing belt, as it looks damn easy. Also have read that if my side mount is shot, odds are good my front mount is also on borrowed time.

-J