Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forum!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:53 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question New to the forum!

Ah yes, I finally pulled the trigger on joining the forum after trolling around for many, many (did I mention many?) months...

I finally decided to join because I'm ready to make my purchase probably within the next few weeks.. Woot! Obviously I'm as excited as many of you guys who were once in my position.. No not that kind of position..

I must say that this has been the most informative and education place so far that I know of concerning everything about the 3G TL.. Kudos to everyone that has contributed constructively.

Yes, I've read most of the FAQs, sifted through hundreds of posts, used the search option, but there's something I can't quite find..

I can't seem to find any information on the Acura dealerships in the South Bay, CA area (San Jose, Santa Clara, etc) and what people think about them in terms of sales (Pricing, courtesy, etc), not necessarily service (although the latter will become VERY important once I actually make the purchase).

I know of the following dealerships so far:

1. Stevens Creek Acura in Santa Clara
2. Los Gatos Acura in Los Gatos
3. Sunnyvale Acura in Sunnyvale
4. Hopkins Acura in Redwood City

What are your experiences with these dealerships? Are there others in the area that I'm missing and that you might recommend?

Thanks in advance for everyone's responses!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:04 PM
AVB for President!

Okay, I'm a retard, but I found the list of Acura Dealers at https://acurazine.com/dealers.php .. But I guess I will still need feedback with regards to the experiences with each of the south bay dealerships.. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:25 PM
AVB for President!

One more thing.. How do I edit posts? I can't seem to find the button/feature to allow me to do so...

Okay, I see the button for this post.. But does the Edit Post button disappear for other posts after a certain amount of time? I'm guessing that it does, although I'm not sure after how long.. Any ideas?
Old 03-19-2005, 05:59 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
TLTrance, Welcome to the forum. The bay area dealerships are not that ready to make a deal on haardly found TLs. If you want 5AT, Non Nav you might get a good deal. I bought my 6MT nav in Dec 03 from Sunnyvale Acura for MSRP with some free goodies. See the "sign in" thread for the price people paid. I'll say there are a lot more dealerships than you listed in and around the bay. Try to get quote from as many as you can I'm sure you'll get a good deal.

BTW, you can edit your post in first 6 mins I guess.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:21 PM
AVB for President!

Thanks for the first reply Jogan!

Surprisingly, I got some quotes in that I think are pretty reasonable (although I guess you guys can tell me if they aren't)..

I just got quoted $36,333 out-the-door for a 5AT with Navi. Doing the math, TTL is about 10% (Tax alone is 8.5% - Santa Clara County, and I believe title and licensing is another 1.5%), which means the price before TTL is $33,030 which includes destination. I guess w/o destination (this is assuming the full price) I am getting it for $32,460. Isn't this around the invoice price (I do recall that Acura recently raised the price by $250)?

Let the excitement/anticipation begin!