Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new car locate

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new car locate

how does the dealer locate a car that i would want from another dealer?
Is there a way i could access this system or a system like this ?
Old 03-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: new car locate

Originally posted by IIHII-TL
how does the dealer locate a car that i would want from another dealer?
Is there a way i could access this system or a system like this ?
I believe they use a database accessible only by Acura dealers. You, personally, cannot access this; however, any dealer should be willing to help you.

You could check each Acura dealer's website and look at their new car inventory however.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:25 AM
User Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have their own proprietary Acura inventory system that allows them to search other dealers in the area and allotments from the factory. Yes, you can access it. That is if you want to chance going to jail for vandalism (breaking in) and computer crimes (hacking). But here's a little on my experience working with that system below.

I spent two months researching (trim and price) my purchase with 31 Acura dealerships starting from Texas and working my way out. Several of the reps (Sales) didn't seem to know how to use the system as efficiently as some I dealt with.

Quite a few of them returned an in-stock or soon to be in-stock reply. What I discovered is both responses doesn't mean in-stock as in physically on the lot, but accessible to them via another dealer nearby or from the factory if pre-sold. So what that meant to me was... out of the 14 NBP/Ebony, 6MT, Navi's I found... only 3 actually existed where I was looking. So for a while, I was under the impression there were a crapload of what I wanted. <buzzer> Wrong!

My suggestion if you're still looking for a specific trim and willing to search a little far and wide, get the VIN's on vehicles you get quotes for.

:p