Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New car i'm so happy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 11:59 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
New car i'm so happy!!!

I am still in shock. Two years ago I bought a 2015 Honda Accord, but I almost immediately had buyer's remorse. I was always in love with how the 3rd gen TL looked and heard awesome things about them, so I checked one out about a month prior to getting the Honda. So anyways, I traded it in and got a 2007 TL (base but I didn't want a touchscreen anyways) in the gray/light blue color with black interior! 72,600 miles for a 2007! You've got to be kidding me! So well maintained. The seats are in excellent shape. A few surface scratches but nothing deep and they still look really good! Every button still works, even the HFL but I'm going to disable it soon so I don't have to worry about battery drain. Tires, doors, everything is in fantastic working order!

It's a Canadian car (the climate temps are in Celsius LOL) so I was afraid of rust but I checked under and didn't see any. I also wasn't worried about the cracked dash because it wasn't a car that lived in the south in the extreme heat. I'm still going to get a cover for those hot days coming up and some kind of dash protection.

This has got to be one of the best cars ever created! Seriously. It has everything a buyer could want in a sedan. One of the first things I did was activate my XM radio so now I have good music to go with the marvelous ELS stereo! I'm going to get the oil changed as well as the transmission fluid. If I go to a Honda dealer will they use the correct fluids? I'm also going to get the timing belt done in the next month or two as well as the water pump and everything else that is recommended when the timing belt needs done.

I did get a couple messages in today's driving to tighten the fuel cap, even though I went 3 clicks on it. Think it needs replaced?

I could go on about this car: the fold out door pockets, the cover for the cup holders, the SOFT leather, how the display looks, the gauges, the POWER, the handling at high speeds, the heavy steering, the exterior looks I could fill up a book on them.

After these maintenance items get done I do want to get the Type-S wheels, but the stock look awesome the way they are.

I will post some pictures tomorrow. I loved my 2005 Camry that I had for 10 years but this is better. I look forward to many years of happiness with this car.
The following 2 users liked this post by xjokerz:
Curious3GTL (03-27-2021), TLRoadto300k (04-17-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 05:46 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by xjokerz
I am still in shock. Two years ago I bought a 2015 Honda Accord, but I almost immediately had buyer's remorse. I was always in love with how the 3rd gen TL looked and heard awesome things about them, so I checked one out about a month prior to getting the Honda. So anyways, I traded it in and got a 2007 TL (base but I didn't want a touchscreen anyways) in the gray/light blue color with black interior! 72,600 miles for a 2007! You've got to be kidding me! So well maintained. The seats are in excellent shape. A few surface scratches but nothing deep and they still look really good! Every button still works, even the HFL but I'm going to disable it soon so I don't have to worry about battery drain. Tires, doors, everything is in fantastic working order!

It's a Canadian car (the climate temps are in Celsius LOL) so I was afraid of rust but I checked under and didn't see any. I also wasn't worried about the cracked dash because it wasn't a car that lived in the south in the extreme heat. I'm still going to get a cover for those hot days coming up and some kind of dash protection.

This has got to be one of the best cars ever created! Seriously. It has everything a buyer could want in a sedan. One of the first things I did was activate my XM radio so now I have good music to go with the marvelous ELS stereo! I'm going to get the oil changed as well as the transmission fluid. If I go to a Honda dealer will they use the correct fluids? (RESEARCH) I'm also going to get the timing belt done in the next month or two as well as the water pump and everything else that is recommended when the timing belt needs done.

I did get a couple messages in today's driving to tighten the fuel cap, even though I went 3 clicks on it. Think it needs replaced? RESEARCH

I could go on about this car: the fold out door pockets, the cover for the cup holders, the SOFT leather , how the display looks, the gauges, the POWER, the handling at high speeds , the heavy steering, the exterior looks I could fill up a book on them.

After these maintenance items get done I do want to get the Type-S wheels, but the stock look awesome the way they are.

I will post some pictures tomorrow. I loved my 2005 Camry that I had for 10 years but this is better. I look forward to many years of happiness with this car.
Congrats on the purchase. Time to hit some research
Old 03-27-2021, 08:18 AM
UA7_Unknown

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the 3G family
Old 03-27-2021, 02:09 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Post pics!
Old 03-27-2021, 08:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool! Last fall I was looking for a beater commuter car - an older Civic or Accord cuz I've had a bunch of those in the past and I'm a Honda guy. While searching, I stumbled on 3G TLs and ended up with a 2005 Base 6MT for what I consider to be a steal. After six months of ownership, I can say without a doubt that I LOVE this car! Congrats; treat it right and you can look forward to many years of reliability and performance with this sweet, sweet "Accord +".
The following users liked this post:
xjokerz (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 07:07 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
A 6-speed would have been awesome but this is still a sweet car. Really fast. I'm not used to car this fast. I also got 25 mpg on my first tank, combined driving, and I drove like a maniac most of that tank. This next one should stretch to probably 27.

I also can't post pictures until tomorrow since it's been raining non-stop since I picked up the car.