New to the Acura world

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018 | 01:17 AM
8th Gear

New to the Acura world

So... gonna be bugging with lots of questions.. start I知 curious as to what sounds like a throw out bearing (automatic) or marbles rolling around when car is in park and then quiet once in gear (drive) under shifter.

Another. Is it normal to have pressure build up in oil cap and dipstick when cars running.

Finally
I Saw one those USA spec deals on Craigslist locally and I know it痴 an older model with old iPod connector. It states it will work with a 04-08 tsx and wondering if it will still work with my vehicle (04 non nav)

Link below

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Im...581PA15HON.PDF

thanks for the help

More to come.
Old 12-10-2018 | 08:46 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Steve Quigley
start I知 curious as to what sounds like a throw out bearing (automatic) or marbles rolling around when car is in park and then quiet once in gear (drive) under shifter.
The noise comes from under the shifter? There are no moving parts there, so my best guess is either the ignition lockout is having issues...but more than likely a heat shield rattling under the car.
Originally Posted by Steve Quigley
Another. Is it normal to have pressure build up in oil cap and dipstick when cars running.
No. Check your PCV valve....better yet, just replace it...it is cheap and less than 5 minute job. If that doesn't resolve it, you may either have excessive blow-by or a blown head gasket. Both of those generally come with other symptoms though.
Old 12-10-2018 | 07:16 PM
8th Gear

Better not be a HG.. oils clean.. no pressure in radiator... where would I find if it痴 blow by? I値l swap that valve out and see..
Old 12-10-2018 | 07:53 PM
Safety Car

Welcome!
Old 12-14-2018 | 10:10 PM
Drifting

This

Originally Posted by Jackass
The noise comes from under the shifter? There are no moving parts there, so my best guess is either the ignition lockout is having issues...but more than likely a heat shield rattling under the car.
No. Check your PCV valve....better yet, just replace it...it is cheap and less than 5 minute job. If that doesn't resolve it, you may either have excessive blow-by or a blown head gasket. Both of those generally come with other symptoms though.
Co-sign...Easy fixes.
Old 12-17-2018 | 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jackass
It might just be the shift lock solenoid or plastic knocking on plastic. A LOT of us have this sound. If you notice the "marble" rolling sound when accelerating from a stop sign for instance, that's probably what it is. Give these a read.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...rience-755349/
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...rattle-589346/