3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never made it to the store

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I think out of instinct I'd swerve to avoid getting hit, like the OP did. I couldn't ever just let myself let someone hit my car.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cjTL
I think out of instinct I'd swerve to avoid getting hit, like the OP did. I couldn't ever just let myself let someone hit my car.
I would have done the same, I've done it before right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOv2s...layer_embedded

I am about 100% sure I would have ended up totaling my TL and would have ended up in the hospital if the road conditions were the same as Dro's.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
yep.. plus it give you an opportunity to see if you can slide out their rear by pushing out their rear quarter panel. Fun to see their shocked reaction of being a dipshit and not checking their blind spot.
Yep. I've always wanted to try and spin someone..... kidding.....sort of. I haven't had to do it yet but a couple times I moved over as far toward the other lane as possible with the horn blaring. No time to check the blind spot in the other lane so I set in where I was at and hoped they changed their mind.

Anyone else notice the TL has a pretty large blind spot? I hate LA traffic where you have to do multiple quick lane changes and in other cars it's a quick glance in the mirrors and a slight head turn. In the TL I have to turn almost completely around to make sure no one is there.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Woodscolby
I would have done the same, I've done it before right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOv2s...layer_embedded

I am about 100% sure I would have ended up totaling my TL and would have ended up in the hospital if the road conditions were the same as Dro's.
That was extremely close. I've always wondered- why do all you guys on RD.net have in-car cameras rolling?

And IHC- yes I've noticed it. I flare my mirrors though, which helps quite a bit.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cjTL
That was extremely close. I've always wondered- why do all you guys on RD.net have in-car cameras rolling?
I can take videos like that and put them up on youtube. It can also help protect against liability in the event of an accident without another witness. They also can protect against false claims made by officers which has happened to a few of our members. We also just like to put up saves as a result of our equipment for the others on the site to enjoy.

As for mirrors, I have mine to where they don't show any part of the side of the car, no reason to see any of it. I still have to turn and check the blind spot but it isn't nearly as large as it would be if the mirrors were tilted in more.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Woodscolby
I can take videos like that and put them up on youtube. It can also help protect against liability in the event of an accident without another witness. They also can protect against false claims made by officers which has happened to a few of our members. We also just like to put up saves as a result of our equipment for the others on the site to enjoy.

As for mirrors, I have mine to where they don't show any part of the side of the car, no reason to see any of it. I still have to turn and check the blind spot but it isn't nearly as large as it would be if the mirrors were tilted in more.

I know that's the correct way to setup the mirrors but I just can't do it. I have mine as wide as possible but still have just a little of the car's body in them. When I can't see my car it feels like I'm missing this huge gap.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I know that's the correct way to setup the mirrors but I just can't do it. I have mine as wide as possible but still have just a little of the car's body in them. When I can't see my car it feels like I'm missing this huge gap.
That is understandable. I started driving when I was 15 with the mirrors set up how they are now but I had to force myself to leave them where they were. So I've had 4 years to get used to them. It's a lot easier to start from the beginning than it is to just switch over after using something the same way for so long.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hurts to see but I'm glad you're okay..
Old 12-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Seems lately there's quite a few TL accidents. OP glad you made it out in one piece. Certainly keep us in the loop with how you're proceeding.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:06 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dam that sucks , glad to hear your ok
Old 12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Yep. I've always wanted to try and spin someone..... kidding.....sort of. I haven't had to do it yet but a couple times I moved over as far toward the other lane as possible with the horn blaring. No time to check the blind spot in the other lane so I set in where I was at and hoped they changed their mind.

Anyone else notice the TL has a pretty large blind spot? I hate LA traffic where you have to do multiple quick lane changes and in other cars it's a quick glance in the mirrors and a slight head turn. In the TL I have to turn almost completely around to make sure no one is there.
I'm the same way. I would written the exact same thing..

The TL has a pretty decent blindspot.. I even have to double check the sides of my passenger A pillar when turning into traffic. It could be worse though..
Old 12-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
That sucks

majofo, clear your pm's, dude. got a question for u.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
ouch ....thats terrible man....
Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by eggyhustles
That sucks

majofo, clear your pm's, dude. got a question for u.
Sorry Eggy! I have like 2 or 3 PM's I still need to respond to but everytime I need to respond to one I have to find some unworthy PM to delete.

Try again..
Old 12-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

SO THE CAR IS TOTALED...... its a very sad day for me had her for three good years.... the estimate without including the engine damage was 9,500 they said there was not point to continue cause they had a 9,000 dollar limit for my car...anything above that they were goin to total it.......so what do u guys think i should get next???