Neuspeed Product Development

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004 | 04:53 PM
Life is good.

Thumbs up Neuspeed Product Development

I gave Neuspeed a call this afternoon and asked them if they needed a 2004 TL to do some product research on, I was informed that they needed my car sometime in the second week in May to fit it with a prototype suspension. So I guess this will lower my car. This car is my daily driver, I've never desired to lower a car before, so I guess I'm wondering what the negitives are going to be after doing this mod? I'm I going to hit bottom more often or consistantly? What happens in the snow (not that I drive in the snow, but once or twice a year)? What about riding with 4 or 5 people in the car (which I do almost 3-4 time a week)? I think that this is a great opportunity for me to trick out my car for free, I was pretty stoked when they said that they had a need for a stock 04 TL. I was thinking that they just might be testing a chip, intake, or exhaust.
Old 04-26-2004 | 04:54 PM
Life is good.

FYI, I'm not even sure how much it would be lowered...
Old 04-26-2004 | 05:59 PM
Life is good.

I did a search and could not find anything relavent.
Old 04-26-2004 | 06:07 PM
Powered by Guinness

Ask them how far the car will be dropped. You could also ask if they are willing to pull the parts if you aren't happy. Could be a great opportunity to get some good parts installed free, and would probably put you high on the list for future mod testing.

As far as ground clearance goes, I don't have any issues with the A-Spec kit - about a 1" drop. I've had four adults in the car with no issues. I can't hit a steep driveway straight on - but I couldn't do it stock either. Others have been pretty happy with Comptech and Eibach springs - I think they're about 1.5".
Old 04-26-2004 | 06:29 PM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by Aegir
As far as ground clearance goes, I don't have any issues with the A-Spec kit - about a 1" drop. I've had four adults in the car with no issues. I can't hit a steep driveway straight on - but I couldn't do it stock either. Others have been pretty happy with Comptech and Eibach springs - I think they're about 1.5".
I'm never big on the idea of my car being an experiment especially since that means that they will take your car for extended periods of time. Also, as noted by the guy above, I would worry about how much they are going to lower the car. THe A spec is actualyl only 1/2" and the Comptechs are 1", not sure about the Eibachs. I have Comptechs and love them, but I would not go any lower.
Old 04-26-2004 | 06:49 PM
Safety Car

what about the warranty on the car? are the going to assume the responsibility of all suspension related problems? i can imagine there being a bitter debate between the dealer and Neuspeed over who is liable for warranty on adjacent parts like the brakes. i have lowered my previous car and i would not do it again if it was my daily driver. the ride is so harsh that it just makes your head ache after a short while. you feel every bump in the road and the steering wheel is extra sensitive making driving more stressful. if it was a weekend car that i took to the track i would mod it out with a sports suspension but a daily driver no way. the factory TL suspension is nice and soft with a little bit of sporty feel. perfect for every day driving while not feeling like you are steering a boat. i would think carefully about the suspension, ask them for the specs of the suspension and match them up against the factory one. this might give you an idea of how harsh the ride is going to be.