Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help..please come in :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help..please come in :(

after my first week driving, i have realized some little issue of my 04 TL that i just bought from private owner.

1. it feels kinda shaky from 0 to like 2x, i guess when i changing the gear from 1 to 2? it kinda feel like pushing and pulling anyone knows what causes it?

2. when it stops, its vibrating, not really bad. but i can hear the sound of key chain already.

this is my first car and i love it so much hope they are not a big deal. i have never been to a acura dealer before, how much does it cost to just check these problems?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Team Owner

Received 601 Likes on 418 Posts
2. Sounds like warped rotors.

Not sure I get what you're saying with number 1.

Congrats on the new car. Welcome to the Money Pit.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by arken21
after my first week driving, i have realized some little issue of my 04 TL that i just bought from private owner.

1. it feels kinda shaky from 0 to like 2x, i guess when i changing the gear from 1 to 2? it kinda feel like pushing and pulling anyone knows what causes it?
Are you saying when the car accelerates, the acceleration is pushing you against your seat and pulling you forward when it automatically shifts gears from first gear to second gear?

2. when it stops, its vibrating, not really bad. but i can hear the sound of key chain already.
When at a red light and you are stopped while in Drive and not any other gear. The vehicle vibrates a lot?

this is my first car and i love it so much hope they are not a big deal. i have never been to a acura dealer before, how much does it cost to just check these problems?
Congrats on your first car buddy.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Worth my weight in SSM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2. sounds like it could be a bad motor mount(s)?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Carpe Ominous

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by advance pass go
2. sounds like it could be a bad motor mount(s)?
congrats on first car.
1. can you explain that one a little better, so we can get a better idea.
2.if its vibrating while your braking then its definitely rotors, if its vibrating while already stopped it could be the motor mounts.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im really sorry for the lack of details!!!!!!!
1. It feels like shaky, when i accelerate the car from 0 to 20 miles, so i guess this causes by shifting gear? but it seems normal when i drive faster than 30. like bitter melon said, pushing you against your seat and pulling you forward when it automatically shifts gears from first gear to second gear, but not strongly.

2. So when i stop at red light or parking lot, i can feel the vibration from steering wheel, but driver seat and passenger seats are fine.
not sure if its vibrating while im braking, but definitely vibrating while already stopped