Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Advice... Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some Advice... Please Help

So I bought my TL in August of 2005, within the first year of owning the car, I began to notice that I was losing pressure in the brake pedal, took the car to the dealer and had the lines flushed, which took care of the problem for about 2 weeks, when I began experiencing the issue again, I brought it back and they diagnosed the problem as a faulty master cylinder which they then supposedly replaced.

Fast forward about 6 months, I had 2 wheels stolen from my passenger side, the car was brought to a body shop for repair, and then sent to the dealer (different dealer) to be checked out for any other damage caused by the thieves, I was told that there was no further damage, but they did find a problem with the brakes, the master cylinder needed to be replaced (yes again) due to fading pressure in the brake pedal. If you're keeping score, that's 2 master cylinders in a little over a year.

Yesterday I brought my car to Devan Acura in CT for a recall, and asked them to take a look at the brakes as I had been having a problem with a lack of pressure in the brake pedal ( I would have to "pump" the pedal twice to build up adequate pressure) I received a call late in the afternoon and was told that the VSA modulator-control unit was allowing air into the brake line, which would require replacement of the module at a cost of $1,400.

The car is out of warranty, having commuted from the Bronx to Fairfield for over a year and a half, I'm now at 73,000 miles, but I have a problem with a car that's not even 3 years old yet having needed 2 master cylinder replacements and now requiring a VSA Modulator. Granted the mileage is high, but the fact is they're all highway miles and I've become quite adept at using the brakes sparingly ( jsut replaced the pads about 6 months ago and even then there was life left in the original pads.

What I'd like to know is if there would be any chance I could get some kind of assistance from Acura Customer Service, or if calling them would just be a waste of time? I really try not to bitch about repairs, I know it goes with the terrirtory of owning a car, but jeez, $1,400 is a ton of money.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah I am so done with acura after my TL. I called customer service today and they were assholes. You can give it a shot just try and remember whatever they say even if they are an ass be nice it may help.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by Nautica91
What I'd like to know is if there would be any chance I could get some kind of assistance from Acura Customer Service, or if calling them would just be a waste of time? I really try not to bitch about repairs, I know it goes with the terrirtory of owning a car, but jeez, $1,400 is a ton of money.
Tell Acura that it appears that the dealerships misdiagnosed the defective ABS modulator as bad master cylinders from the beginning.

G/L.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
talk to the dealer if acura could good will it or pay for a portion of it since it was mis-diagnosed from the beginning.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
talk to the dealer if acura could good will it or pay for a portion of it since it was mis-diagnosed from the beginning.
100 percent true. If the PAPER TRAIL leads to an issue that had repair attempts made while stll in warranty then they really should address it now.