Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need HELP quick.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need HELP quick.....

Hello Everyone i haven't post in a while due to the fact that was i was out of the country anyway is nice to be back Now i need help this might be long so bare with me, I took my car to the dealer this past monday for its regular oil change car has 13,100 miles on it my sister put those miles on it she owns the car now not me. Besides the oil change i told the dealer to check my brakes due to the fact that the car has had a grind noise when coming to a complete stop and also when letting go the brakes since day i bought brand new (doesn't matter if is cold or hot) to give you guys a better idea picture this (after you wash your car and you brake a few times a grind noise happens but it goes away after the brakes get hot) I have the same noise but all the time in the conditions i stated above. I just spoke to the dealer and they told me the brakes are fine and that the noise is coming from the tires which they claimed are RUN FLAT? Do our cars have run flats? If is so i had no idea it did. What do you guys suggest? opinions? Help? Is this normal on all TL type S? anything is welcome at this point. Tomorrow im going to the dealer to test drive the car with a technician I also told them i wanted to drive another Type S to see if has the same noise.
Thanks a lot sorry for the long post....
Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,927 Posts
If you're asking if the Type-S came standard with Run-flat tires, the answer is NO. Don't know why they would tell you that.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew they were bs that's why i told them i want to drive another Type S to see if it has the same noise as mines...
Old 09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KineticTypeS
I just spoke to the dealer and they told me the brakes are fine and that the noise is coming from the tires which they claimed are RUN FLAT?

What is wrong with these Acura dealers???
Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Not to be the killjoy, but you are going to have to fork over some serious $$$ to the dealer. The brembo brakes can easily kill themselves because of their power, but softness for daily driving. Expect to pay around 800 dollars to have all your rotors resurfaced and pads replaced.