Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife almost died today..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:36 AM
"Joe Cool"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markdesign
it was a direct trade. but it involved a lot of paper work and procedure. Acura hired a company called "IPS", stands for impartial services, to be the middle man.

Basically, i had to sign over the old car back to acura. then Acura signed over the new car to thomas acura, whom then sold it back to me with a promise from acura to be fully reimbursed.

the loan was with honda credit, so the paper was less troublesom then it could have been.

yeah, the mercedes was fully paid for by acura.

~mark

Mark.. I am glad your wife wasn't hurt and you have resolved the issue.
I feel you made a good choice and handled the whole matter very well.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Great color choice, then and now! Glad it all (finally) worked out.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1sweetTL
I know I am jumping in late here but this really bugs me.

Lexus = Toyota Acura=Honda Infiniti=Nissan

All are great cars but like all man made products, flaws are unavoidable.
I have to agree that all cars can have problems. The difference is that some have, on-average, fewer problems than others. The biggest difference is also how the problems are handled. I definitely hate hearing about car companies putting people like your cousin's boss through the ordeal he's now going through, and I hope he gets Lexus to take care of the issues.

With that said, contrary to common wisdom, Lexus is, in many ways, different from Toyota (besides price, warranty, and service).

The quality that Lexus demands from its suppliers is much tighter than for Toyota (5 times fewer defective components per million), even on the same parts.

See http://www.detnews.com/2004/specialr.../a15-70498.htm

Also, Lexus vehicles undergo quality inspections at several points (factory, delivery port, and dealer), and issues are addressed before the customer picks up a new car. Does this make their cars flawless? Of course not, but again, quality control is tighter, and defect rates confirm that.

I am not aware that Acura does anything extraordinary on their cars relative to Honda cars, except perhaps on the RL and NSX. I'm a big Honda fan and I hate to say that every Accord I have had has been 100x better than my old TL. So, I am more likely to agree that Acura=Honda than that Lexus=Toyota.

I'm glad your TL is trouble-free and I hope it stays that way.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by markdesign
it was a direct trade. but it involved a lot of paper work and procedure. Acura hired a company called "IPS", stands for impartial services, to be the middle man.

Basically, i had to sign over the old car back to acura. then Acura signed over the new car to thomas acura, whom then sold it back to me with a promise from acura to be fully reimbursed.

the loan was with honda credit, so the paper was less troublesom then it could have been.

yeah, the mercedes was fully paid for by acura.

~mark

Glad it got worked out. I have a friend going through the same thing with a CL right now. Getting jerked around over the past few months but making some progress. Hope that this one goes and stops for you the way it should.

For all the haters out there remember...very few ask how, they only ask if.
For example, did they take care of the problem, the short answer here is YES!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
How many miles did your first car have?

final miles on the first one was around 1,150 miles

~mark

Old 10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mickey3c
I cannot imagine someone buying the same car after having such a bad experience with the first one. Call it faith, lunacy, etc. I know I would not go back to the water so quickly... I know it might be a freak thing... but just the same...
I'm with you on this one.

I couldnt go back to the same car after going through everything that the original thread starter went through.

I would just like my money back and then just buy a different vehicle.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Life at 6,000 feet. Nice.

Originally Posted by Astroboy
oh btw KJSmitty, Mark was not in the car, there is no way his opinion can be taken as any kind of fact, because it is only a second hand relation of the story. I think your reading skills need some polishing, not anyone else's.

you 3g TL guys are the biggest bunch of Cry Wolfers i've ever seen.

Mark wasn't in the car, true, but he's a hell of a lot closer to the situation than you are. I'd be more inclined to trust his judgment of both his car and his wife's driving skills than yours, and I think most would agree.

Even if the ABS wasn't working right, the car should not cut to the left- it would just leave you without the benefits of ABS (correct me if I'm wrong!). It sounds to me like one side is engaging before the other, or is engaging with higher force. This is a severe problem, and if it were me, I probably wouldn't even bother investigating it too much- I'd take it to Acura, tell them what happened in detail, and then get the hell rid of it. I'd be more than willing to take a loss on it, if need be, if it's at all possible for you to do so.

A car only gets one chance to almost kill someone you love, in my opinion.

EDIT: you already did! Good man.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by caha14
I'm a big Honda fan and I hate to say that every Accord I have had has been 100x better than my old TL.

This is my exact experience. 6 trouble free Accords with over a million cumulative miles, 1 trouble-loaded TL with 48k.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6

This is my exact experience. 6 trouble free Accords with over a million cumulative miles, 1 trouble-loaded TL with 48k.
92 5sp Accord Coupe with 124K miles. Not one single rattle. Paint looks sh!tty though. Bad primer? I don't know what it is but my 91 4Runner's paint job is still cheery.

Good to know that you got a replacement TL and that the family escaped without injury.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am waiting for the people to post ... yeah I have had 3 TLs and over a hundred k on each and no problems....
Old 10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
did you find out what happened???