3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My TL was totaled

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:27 AM
TLove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
someone brought up the question about how the acura dealership noticed the defect and the ford dealership didnt...well i would assume that since the acura dealership techs see TLs everyday and know them in and out (i hope) they would have an easier time noticing welds on the frame or other visible physical damage.

however it is still the ford dealers fault, and if you do go to court over this make sure you make it a point that god forbid you would have gotten into a crash your safety (and your passengers) would have been at major risk. and dont settle for ford giving you some money back and you keeping the TL, get rid of it! its not safe. you should get all ur money back, and maybe plus some.

good luck with this. this is obviously not a good situation to be in, but from the looks of it, ur not at fault in anyway, especially since it was a dealership. if you bought it private party you may have had a harder case.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:31 AM
TLove

as for the desi convo, i am proud to say that my family has never owned a toyota! (yet.....lol)

but we've had our share of nissans, a couple american cars, an audi, and the TL is our first acura/honda.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
It's illegal in VA to sell a vehicle that has had frame damage and not disclose it at the time of sale. You need to check into some legal actions it seems.
you see at every dealer ship where i live in texas that cars with a "damaged" title that you must report to the owner at time of sale im not sure if its law here though
Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Drifting

what is desis
Old 09-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Not a dude.

Originally Posted by csmeance
i bought the car used from Gary Yaemons ford. They gave me 31 otd so i took it. THey insisted it was never in an accident and i even talked to the bodyshop there and they said it was still the orignal paint. The carfax didn't have anything on it.
Have you looked into the CarFax guarantee?

Originally Posted by neuronbob
http://www.carfax.com/guarantee/hctermsanddef.cfm

If the OP finds that there was indeed a salvage title (MUST have been if the frame was re-welded on!), he/she can file a claim.
neuronbob gave the best advice on this topic so far, and maybe I missed your response. Does the car have a salvage title? If it really was "totalled" it must have one. If it does have a salvage title, and CarFax did not report it as such, you can file a claim against them, provided you registed the car with them within 90 days of your purchase. You may still have time to register it with them, depending on when you bought the car. (Like many "guarantees" the CarFax program has holes big enough to throw a cat through so it may not end up being useful.)

If that doesn't work I'd go back to the Ford dealer and threaten a huge lawsuit unless they return all of your money.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
what is desis
Urban Dictionary
OR
Wikipedia
OR
Post #37
Old 09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Carfax will not show anything unless the repairs where paid for by an insurance company. If you wreck your car, then pay out of pocket for repairs at some body shop, they are not going to report it to carfax.

Carfax is not the only way to evaluate a car. There are so many cars out there with clean carfax reports that are far from clean.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JoganJani
Man that is bad. They should have told you before you bought it. Make them get it back and give you a similar replacement.

I second that
Old 09-07-2006, 04:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by csmeance
i bought the car used from Gary Yaemons ford. They gave me 31 otd so i took it. THey insisted it was never in an accident and i even talked to the bodyshop there and they said it was still the orignal paint. The carfax didn't have anything on it.
That's why I didn't buy a use cars, if it's not new then I am not getting it.