Sponsored by:

My TL fender bender, an update...ABP might want to read

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My TL fender bender, an update...ABP might want to read

So,

About a week ago I posted I had a fender bender in my 04 ABP TL to which the front bumper was going to have to be replaced.

The body shop had said it would be done by Wed (took it in on a Monday) but come wed I heard "we're having problems matching the paint" Ugh... my worst nightmare. The little thing I filled out when I brought the car in said "what is the most important thing to you when having your car fixed?" and i put "making sure the paint matches".

So, turns out they have some dupont system where they put in the vin and the code on the door and it makes the paint.. the paint came out not matching at all evidentally so the painter made some variants to see if it would match .. no go.

So they brought a guy in from dupot who scanned my car with some "chroma vision" or something which looks at the actual paint on the car and creates a paint to match it. So I'm supposed to get it back monday, hopefully it will be a good match..

They say there is a possibility when the guy at dupont was entering paint information into the dupont computer system they may have entered it wrong...

So you guys with ABP who have a wreck, be careful about getting the paint to match!