Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Dealership Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Dealership Service Experience

After 9 months and 10,000 miles, I finally got around to bringing the TL in to get the memory seat issue fixed as well as a minor adjustment to the hood (gap was a little too big on one side; no biggie, but annoyig since it was right in front of my face all the time). I took it back to Acura of Mission Viejo (CA) where I bought the car. Starting with the phone call to set up the appointment they were great - they knew all about the memory seat issue and made sure they ordered the part ahead of time so it would be in stock on the day of my service appointment. They took care of it quickly and went over it with me when they brought it out to make sure I was satisfied. They even washed it and put Armor-All on the tires.

Maybe all Acura service departments are like this, but since I've owned American cars for so long I'm not used to good service from a car dealership, so I was positively impressed.

Anyway, just wanted to spread the word about my good experience. Too often you hear only the negative reports but when things go as they should people don't bother to say anything.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by fuque
After 9 months and 10,000 miles, I finally got around to bringing the TL in to get the memory seat issue fixed as well as a minor adjustment to the hood (gap was a little too big on one side; no biggie, but annoyig since it was right in front of my face all the time). I took it back to Acura of Mission Viejo (CA) where I bought the car. Starting with the phone call to set up the appointment they were great - they knew all about the memory seat issue and made sure they ordered the part ahead of time so it would be in stock on the day of my service appointment. They took care of it quickly and went over it with me when they brought it out to make sure I was satisfied. They even washed it and put Armor-All on the tires.

Maybe all Acura service departments are like this, but since I've owned American cars for so long I'm not used to good service from a car dealership, so I was positively impressed.

Anyway, just wanted to spread the word about my good experience. Too often you hear only the negative reports but when things go as they should people don't bother to say anything.

Just pray you don;t need to use ACS (Acura Customer Service) they blow! Rude, obnoxious and they really could care less whether you ever buy another Honda product! 4 trips over days each to fix various squeaks and rattles and the dealer has been great. I call ACS to complain and reopen my case and they challaneg me "are you happy or not since you allowed the case to be closed"! This is not just one rep either I have called them numerous times and it seems to be their theme, treat th customer like crap since there is NO escalation within ACE, your regional case manager is "GOD" in ACS! I have never been treated this bad by ANY MFG service line (Infinit, Chrysler, Nissan, Ford) and even Toyota who I thought were obnoxious asses a few years ago were never this bad! I don't cae how good the car is (and with all my annoying issues I thinks it is far form the quality I have had with any car, including early yeay 1 Chrysler Concorde!! Service tech at dealer told me they don't even go near a new Honda/Acura for 6 months as their year 1 cars are not very good. I dont; expect perfection, BUT I do expect to be treated professionally and with courteousy when I drop $31K on a car! The Hyunda guys are nicers to my sis ona car that cost half as much, and by the way has virtually no problems!