Sponsored by:

My first Acura Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first Acura Service Experience

My first Acura Service Experience -11/26/04

Issues. Car pulls to the left and some vibrations above 80mph.
They balanced two tires and properly inflated all. The vibration is gone (although I have to get to 100mph to really see first) but it still pulls left. However, it does track straight sometimes and I think this car may just be incredible sensitive to pulling one way or the other when the road is ever so slightly crowned.

Trim pieces are loose or not stuck together right in the first place. Mainly inside door trim by the bottom of seats. The service guy was visible miffed by my pointing these things out and said that's just the way it is and even if he ordered a new trim piece it might look the same. I said, oh shit, I didn't realize I was driving a f*#%*& Hyundai! They fixed one and for the other they put the part on order. There's a distinct little crack sound when you close the left rear door that is annoying. They said they didn't get to that one.

Lastly, the loaner car I received - although an 04 TL auto - was beat hard. It had only 15K miles but the rear right was crunched, the car had been smoked in, there was seemingly a dog in the back at some point (hair all over), there was a strong rattle somewhere from the passanger side, and the engine was way louder than what I was used to. And the kicker is that they charge $4 for the loaner. Now, you tell me how $4 could matter either way for either party except to piss me off on principal!

I still love the car but this treatment is nonsense. I wouldn't be suprised if I'd just brought in my Toyota or Chevy, ok - but this is lame. And if you're going to give loaner cars, make sure they are representative of the Acura experience!
Old 11-26-2004, 03:18 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TL Boris
My first Acura Service Experience -11/26/04

Issues. Car pulls to the left and some vibrations above 80mph.
They balanced two tires and properly inflated all. The vibration is gone (although I have to get to 100mph to really see first) but it still pulls left. However, it does track straight sometimes and I think this car may just be incredible sensitive to pulling one way or the other when the road is ever so slightly crowned.

Trim pieces are loose or not stuck together right in the first place. Mainly inside door trim by the bottom of seats. The service guy was visible miffed by my pointing these things out and said that's just the way it is and even if he ordered a new trim piece it might look the same. I said, oh shit, I didn't realize I was driving a f*#%*& Hyundai! They fixed one and for the other they put the part on order. There's a distinct little crack sound when you close the left rear door that is annoying. They said they didn't get to that one.

Lastly, the loaner car I received - although an 04 TL auto - was beat hard. It had only 15K miles but the rear right was crunched, the car had been smoked in, there was seemingly a dog in the back at some point (hair all over), there was a strong rattle somewhere from the passanger side, and the engine was way louder than what I was used to. And the kicker is that they charge $4 for the loaner. Now, you tell me how $4 could matter either way for either party except to piss me off on principal!

I still love the car but this treatment is nonsense. I wouldn't be suprised if I'd just brought in my Toyota or Chevy, ok - but this is lame. And if you're going to give loaner cars, make sure they are representative of the Acura experience!
What dealer did you go to?
Old 11-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just brought my car to have an accident repaired. My loaner was a STRIPPED Pontiac Sunfire. So I wouldn't fuss too much about an 04 TL... I woulda loved an 04 TL Automatic... especially since I woulda been able to have compared it to my 6MT.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Advanced

Wappingers Falls Acura.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:47 PM
www.drippinwet.com

sometimes although customers don't want to hear it, (not all the time mind you) but when a tech says i can order another but it will do the same thing, he has probably been down that road with other customer cars, you have one acura, they see many, (now don't flame because this might not apply to your specific problem, i was just saying it in general)

the cars are a steal through the acura loaner program, if the car goes out everyday at 4.00 a day roughly 120 a month, it probably offsets some sort of cost, we don't charge for our loaners, but at 4.00 i personally wouldn't complain, but i'm only speaking for myself, i haven't noticed my car pulling, how is your tire pressures? - i hope reccomended by the car, not by the writing on the tire? too high will cause it to drift and road crown will play into that

sorry you had a bad experience, did you take the technician for a roadtest? i would suggest that in the future before the repairs

hopefully everything will get repaired for you
Old 11-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by acura_service
sometimes although customers don't want to hear it, (not all the time mind you) but when a tech says i can order another but it will do the same thing, he has probably been down that road with other customer cars, you have one acura, they see many, (now don't flame because this might not apply to your specific problem, i was just saying it in general)

the cars are a steal through the acura loaner program, if the car goes out everyday at 4.00 a day roughly 120 a month, it probably offsets some sort of cost, we don't charge for our loaners, but at 4.00 i personally wouldn't complain, but i'm only speaking for myself, i haven't noticed my car pulling, how is your tire pressures? - i hope reccomended by the car, not by the writing on the tire? too high will cause it to drift and road crown will play into that

sorry you had a bad experience, did you take the technician for a roadtest? i would suggest that in the future before the repairs

hopefully everything will get repaired for you

Even the beat up loaner had the trim pieces perfect. On top of that I had two other trim-piece issues and I didn't mention those based on the initial reaction of the service guy. Don't they know I'll get a call from Acura central on the experience?!

Like I said, I love the car and I was looking forward to getting my wife the new Acura CRV based car - but I doubt that now.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:22 PM
www.drippinwet.com

get to know your techs, take them for a roadtest, show them whats going on, thats really the best way to get to the root of the problems, (too many no problem founds that could be avoided with a one on one with customer and technicians)