Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Acura!!!! :d

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
My first Acura!!!! :d

Well, it's official. I now own my first Acura/Honda product. I am super excited, it is the most loaded car I have ever owned and is just so much car. I have much owner's manual reading to do.

I spent a few hours before work today removing some factory stickers from the side windows and magic erasering the floor trim that is commonly swiped by feet entering/exiting the car. It was pretty neat, my first bonding time with the car. lol

After that I spent some time fighting with the driver's presets. The damn seat/mirror/audio/CC settings kept messing with me but I think I got them tamed now. lol

As far as plans? Shift early, drive slow and take care of it. The only things on my want list are OEM F&R mudflaps and 35% tint. I wanted a lip spoiler for the rear but after looking twice I like it without, either way it would work great though I suppose.

Onto the car....

It is a 2006 w/ 75K miles, 6MT w/ Nav and all the other goodies that you guys already know about that come with the above combination. It was a one owner car purchased at Frankel? Acura in Hunt Valley, MD. It was taken care of by that same dealership as well. There is record of the cooling system and transmission being flushed at 65K miles along with a fuel filter and spark plugs at that time. The PS pump was also replaced to cure stiff steering.

It's not perfect but the 3 small flaws I have in mind should be relatively easy and inexpensive fixes.

The certified car was for sale at Valley Motors Mercedes, VW, Subaru. I walked out the door with GAP insurance and a 3 month, 3K mile 100% engine/transmission warranty. They had other options available but for length of time offered vs. additional amount financed I didn't see it as a smart idea.

I am very tired so if I missed anything let me know and I will get more pictures after I give her a good clay and buff with my brand new Porter Cable 7424XP this weekend, hopefully.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the community, looking forward to it. These are such awesome cars and I am extremely happy with my decision to purchase one!

Here's a quick picture, they detailed it Wednesday night and parked it in their new car showroom for me to take delivery of this morning, Thursday. I then pulled out into torrential rain. Damn it. lol

Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Early Shifter

Also, I suppose I should change my user name. Anyone have any insight on how to do that?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Nice story. Congrats on the new to you TL. Sounds like your in love already. You may want to register her at www.myacura.com. Save your Navi and radio codes there for safe keeping. As far as changing your name, an Admin would have to do that, or you can re-register with a different name. I have a feeling your not going to have good weather this weekend for detailing.......Irene?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:22 AM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
you can pm one of the mods, and ask for aname change.

congrats on the beautiful car! 6mt ftw!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
Congrats! Good Choice!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Congrats! PM Scrib for the the name change.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
props on the new whip
Old 08-26-2011, 08:07 AM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Good story, nice pickup.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. You will be very happy with that car
Old 08-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Back at it with the TL SH

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Nice one dude. Please don't keep it stock. Post as many pics as you can.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
sweet! WDP FTW!
IF you dont wanna do full lip kit, i think you should do mudguards + front lip kit.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. The TL is a great car. You'll enjoy it every ride!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Awesome TL congrats on the purchase and welcome!! The car looks great and it sounds like you have a few plans for it that will make the car look even better than it already does. nice choice on the 35% tint all around it will lo9ok great on white. I also like the OEM splash gaurds, for some reason to me they actually add a nice look almost like a real subtle ground effect kit. Make sure you get the painted ones though. Only other thing is if you have any 3rd gear issues make sure you change the fluid out to the GM synchromesh. You will know if 3rd gear gives you any issues such as popping you out of gear or maybe a slight grind going in. The GM fluid works wonders and will make it shift and feel like a new car (no exaggeration). Sounds like you also know about doing a good detail. Clay bar and a nice detail is the first thing I do to any new car I purchase as well. Be sure to post pics once it detailed you and get that tint on.

James
Old 08-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Racer

oh yeah I forgot about 04-06 doesn't have OEM painted mudguards.. not a big fan of those especially black mudguards on a WDP
Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! I love my 6MT and im sure you will too
Welcome!!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:47 AM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts
Congrats to you sir! You got the right color
Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by umakemekissu
oh yeah I forgot about 04-06 doesn't have OEM painted mudguards.. not a big fan of those especially black mudguards on a WDP
You cant get OEM painted ones? I used to have a base 07 and I know thats not an 04-06 but I had painted ones on mine and as far as I know there arent any differences between them.
If thats the case though I do agree dont get them unless you can get OEM painted ones.

James
Old 08-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
Congrats on the pickup!!! You will LOVE it if you don't already!!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Hey that's my car!! Congrats. You're gonna love it
Old 08-26-2011, 11:03 AM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
congrats...

your First Acura...and the Best Acura you can get!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Looks very clean!

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Nice story. Congrats on the new to you TL. Sounds like your in love already. You may want to register her at www.myacura.com. Save your Navi and radio codes there for safe keeping. As far as changing your name, an Admin would have to do that, or you can re-register with a different name. I have a feeling your not going to have good weather this weekend for detailing.......Irene?
Thanks, I'll be sure to look into that over my weekend off work

Yeah, damn weather. I'll probably put it in my in law's garage and go crazy anyways. lol

Originally Posted by justnspace
you can pm one of the mods, and ask for aname change.

congrats on the beautiful car! 6mt ftw!
Thanks for the tip, I'll take care of that shortly.

And thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by combat mediC
Congrats! Good Choice!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ggesq
Congrats! PM Scrib for the the name change.
Excellent, will do and thanks!

Originally Posted by av2600
props on the new whip
Originally Posted by omnuts
Congrats and welcome. Good story, nice pickup.
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by imj0257
Congratulations on the purchase. You will be very happy with that car
Thank you, I have already started bonding with it. lol

Originally Posted by Mr.Skytech
Nice one dude. Please don't keep it stock. Post as many pics as you can.
Man, my wife will kill me if I misbehave. Haha, as much as I like doing what I want to do regardless, women can make our lives a living hell.

sweet! WDP FTW!
IF you dont wanna do full lip kit, i think you should do mudguards + front lip kit.
<newb WDP?

I do like the lip kit but it probably will not be possible financially for quite some time. I just spoke with Acura about OEM mudguards this morning, they are def. on the list of things to do soon.

Originally Posted by Nutz4life
Congrats on your new ride. The TL is a great car. You'll enjoy it every ride!
Thanks man, that's proving true so far.

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Awesome TL congrats on the purchase and welcome!! The car looks great and it sounds like you have a few plans for it that will make the car look even better than it already does. nice choice on the 35% tint all around it will lo9ok great on white. I also like the OEM splash gaurds, for some reason to me they actually add a nice look almost like a real subtle ground effect kit. Make sure you get the painted ones though. Only other thing is if you have any 3rd gear issues make sure you change the fluid out to the GM synchromesh. You will know if 3rd gear gives you any issues such as popping you out of gear or maybe a slight grind going in. The GM fluid works wonders and will make it shift and feel like a new car (no exaggeration). Sounds like you also know about doing a good detail. Clay bar and a nice detail is the first thing I do to any new car I purchase as well. Be sure to post pics once it detailed you and get that tint on.

James
Thanks for the kind words and advice. 3rd gear seems fine but I haven't really had too much time to observe. I'll stay aware, that's for sure.

I gave it a bath today but yeah, I do not want to wipe it down with quick detailer until it's clay'd. Who knows when it was done last and how much crap is settled.

I'm not really good with paint correction but when it comes to simple buffing/polishing I'm ok.

I noticed that talking to the Acura parts manager this morning, he said the 07 mudguards which come painted in my color will fit with no issues?

Originally Posted by s_vares
Congrats! I love my 6MT and im sure you will too
Welcome!!
Thanks a lot and keep enjoying yours!

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Congrats to you sir! You got the right color
Thanks! I had a white car before and I do like how it masks imperfections, bitch to keep clean though. lol

You cant get OEM painted ones? I used to have a base 07 and I know thats not an 04-06 but I had painted ones on mine and as far as I know there arent any differences between them.
If thats the case though I do agree dont get them unless you can get OEM painted ones.

James
That's what I'm wondering as I was planning on ordering them painted for an 07.

Originally Posted by BigPZ
Congrats on the pickup!!! You will LOVE it if you don't already!!
Thanks, yes, falling in love. lol

Originally Posted by cpm06wdptl
Hey that's my car!! Congrats. You're gonna love it
Haha, cool. Is yours the same color combo? I really like how they sort of multi toned the interior w/ the light tan/black/metalish trim/light wood. The seats are so freakin' comfortable, feels like they just hug you and say HELLLLLO. lol

Originally Posted by Acura604
congrats...

your First Acura...and the Best Acura you can get!

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Looks very clean!

Welcome aboard!
Thank you sir.

I appreciate all the comments thus far, this seems like a really good community.

I cannot get inspected until my PA plate arrives in about 5 weeks so that will just have to wait.

I'm taking the car into Jones Tuesday morning to have the steering wheel light bulbs replaced, 2 are burnt out.

They quoted around $50 for that plus free installation of a passenger rear door handle cap that is missing, apparently it's common for those to run away from the door handles. lol

I just got done restoring the headlight lenses and Mother'ing the exhaust tips, nice subtle improvements and more time spent bonding. Haha.

Last edited by LoveMyTL-S; 08-26-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: As per BM rules.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:05 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Congrats on your first Acura, welcome to AZ
Old 08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by Dat Boi Ralph
Congrats on your first Acura, welcome to AZ
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Racer

WDP= White Diamond Pearl, that's the color of your car.

I doubt 07 painted mudguards would fit 04-06 but hey if Acura said so then give it a shot, worst case could happen is to return it.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GOOD pick on the color
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Early Shifter

WDP= White Diamond Pearl, that's the color of your car.

I doubt 07 painted mudguards would fit 04-06 but hey if Acura said so then give it a shot, worst case could happen is to return it.
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. Hmm, if they're not going to fit or there's a slight chance they won't I'd rather just get the 06 ones and have them painted. Although doing that it's hit or miss as to how good they match the rest of the car.

Are body lines different that you know of for 07/08?

Originally Posted by Kinetic
GOOD pick on the color
Thanks man, yours looks to be sittin' pretty.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Racer

front and back bumpers are different between 04-06 and 07-08. just ask your local dealership, if they say it fits then buy it, return if not.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pick up!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:40 AM
Early Shifter

front and back bumpers are different between 04-06 and 07-08. just ask your local dealership, if they say it fits then buy it, return if not.
Ah ok. They do say they'll fit but I'd really hate to waste the time even though they can be returned.

There's a seller on ebay that claims to be an Acura dealer who has the mudguards for my 06 painted for the same price. I wonder if that's worth the shot. That'd be even worse if they didn't fit dealing with return shipping, etc. Hmm....

Originally Posted by Elephants
Nice pick up!
Thank you!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Early Shifter

New username coming soon, thanks Scrib. It's sort of stupid but I thought it was kinda funny. lol
Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Congrats! Having your first car in a new brand is always fun, especially a TL!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Congrats! Having your first car in a new brand is always fun, especially a TL!
Thank you!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

James
Exactly what I have on my Alabaster Silver Metallic 08. It looks really good. If you'd like to see a pic of mine let me know and I'll post it.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Early Shifter

Well, it looks like my first purchase toward the car is 5K license plate LED's. I had them in my Volvo and really liked them, the regular light from the back looks a little off when comparing to the HID front output.

I've read the write ups and I am ready to tinker. lol

I don't think this weekend will be clay/buff. I was up early every day this week, work 2nd shift and was up until roughly 2 AM each day. That being said I am exhausted and think I'll just hang out this weekend.

Before I clay and add additional polish/wax to the car there are 2 stone chip areas I want to take care of. The plan is to very gently scuff the surface and apply the 2 part touch up paint. I'm going to look into seeing if I can find some sort of pencil eraser sized sanding tool for this as that seems easiest and safest.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats bro. definitely made the right choice on color and 6mt
Old 08-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by reds70turbo
Man, my wife will kill me if I misbehave. Haha, as much as I like doing what I want to do regardless, women can make our lives a living hell
^....lol

Welcome to your new addiction!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by ed-gsxr
congrats bro. definitely made the right choice on color and 6mt
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Anakalia
^....lol

Welcome to your new addiction!
LOL That is one awesome smiley.

So far we are at 5K license plate bulbs, Silverstar fog bulbs and an Acura cabin filter. RAWWWR. I need to get off this computer so I stop buying shit.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Early Shifter

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Congrats on the new ride.
Thanks! Now that my name's changed I should fit in a bit better.

Quick Reply: My first Acura!!!! :d