My denter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 02:50 PM
EnJ
Anti-Acura TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My denter!

This was my previous post My Dent

I got my car fixed; cost me $451 but you can't even tell I was hit. The body shop did a really good job. The reason for this post is I think I found the car that hit me. My car was hit on the right rear quarter panel (just in front of the tire) which means the person hit me with their front left bumper. I had white paint marks on the dent and on the rear right passenger door. Today, leaving school, I saw a piece of shit white Ford with a huge black(NBP maybe?) smudge mark on the front left bumper. Pretty much exactly where the mark would be if this person hit me. Anyone know if I can do anything about that? I mean, it was a hit and run and nobody said they saw anything. Even if I wait for this person and confront them you know they're gonna say they didn't hit me. Just wondering if there's anything I can do and if the police would even care. I want my $451 back.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Instructor

IF you are very confident about this, I would try this. Leave him a note on his car saying that you have proof that he hit your car and left the scene. If he does not call you to resolve the matter amacably then you will proceed with criminal charges.

That might scare him/her enough to do the right thing
Old 10-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Cruisin'

The police and/or the prosecutor won't care, especially over $451 worth of damage that you've already had taken care of. You can try to confront the guy, but I don't think it would change anything. Better to just leave it alone and hope it doesn't happen again. Besides, that's why we have insurance.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:50 PM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leave a note saying, "I know what you did last summer". J/K.

I agree with argoldst about leaving a note.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:10 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Even though I myself would want to go after him/her you are probably better off to let it go.

If the guy/gal is a POS what's to say they will not come back some time later and key your car.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:23 PM
aw1
Pro

Leave a note and move on if you get no call.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Racer

EnJ,

I feel ya but I am doubtful you can get your $451. You said it yourself, the dude has a "piece of shit white Ford" and I am super doubtful he will admit it was he did it and also he has that much $$$ in his pocket... I was in a hit and run case 1 month ago, someone without insurance hit me and ran away on foot. Even though I know who is the car owner and driver, I can't get a single dime from them to cover my loss. Because they dont have $$$ and they cant pay the judgement.

p.s. the dude is going to jail for 3 month now because of hit and run... but still... i am not not getting any $$$ to recover the deductible and also the rental car fees.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro

I think by confront him/her it could be more trouble than what it's worth. If there was hard evidence than go for it to the max.....but right now it's a he said she said thing.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Cruisin'

I'd take a baseball bat to his car......
Old 10-08-2004, 08:32 PM
8 Foot Asian

What did I tell you!!!!!!

ENJ,

It seems that you took my advice and found the sack of shit that took $450 out of your pocket. I would like for you to do us all a favor (us being all of the people paying top dollar for our luxury cars and getting hit and runs) FUCK HIS SHIT UP! Moderators please excuse me.

Take your bat and bust out his windows. Well maybe that would be to loud. Do like I said and put the heel of your boot into the top portion of his drivers doors . Make sure that your contact point is above the drivers safety impact beam. If you hit it right it should dent all the way thru and bust his inner panel right of the hinges. This way every time that he gets into his truck he will be reminded of you. Everytime that you washed your car you saw the unsightly dent. Make him pay. Of course if you feel it in your gut that this is your paint on his car take his ass out

You better take action soon cause this sack of shit might fail out of school soon and then you will live the rest of your life knowing that the person that ran into your car probably said woops and did the ole tail between the legs to the edge of the parking lot and then said oh well as soon as he hit the main road.

You know if he did it. Don't go to jial and, Dont you go out like a bitch either. You know what you have to do. Keep me posted.

cdkruaya
Old 10-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Racer

lol
Old 10-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. If i knew who hit my car, i would first confront them on good terms, speak with them. As soon as they deny it i would leave a big fu*king dent in their mouth. I hate lairs, and if they are too cowardly to fess up, i would just give them a real bad beating. Or you can always pay some1 trustworthy to steal his car and burn it.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Racer

u need to check my thread...
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...158#post974158

i know the person who hit me... i have his name.. address and phone number... but sometimes you just have to let it go.... being a good citizen.... but believe me... my inner devil wanna to do all BAT practice things too.... but... I let it go...