3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2004 TL IS A TRUE LEMON, please read!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY 2004 TL IS A TRUE LEMON, please read!

Ok guys here is the story (which I finally have time to write about now)... tell me if you think I have a good lemon case under the circumstances or any other feedback that you might have...

My 2004 TL bought in mid-February 2004 with a little over 7,100 miles was vandalized pretty badly with deep scratches (F*** You written in a few spots) on early Saturday morning, June 25th while parked in my driveway, along with an Acura TSX, Jaguar X-Type, and an Audi A6 nearby on my quiet block in Staten Island, NY. The cops came, investigated them all, found nothing but the external damages (scratches) and nothing can be done at this point. So after all that I figure oh well, my car will need to be repainted and I just have to move on with this. Finding the ass who did this would be nearly impossible with no evidence to go by. So anyway on Tuesday, June 28th I got in my car for the first time since it was vandalized and drove it to Brooklyn to have it seen by a body shop that my father recommended. As I was driving there I noticed a slightly unusual noise coming from behind the glove compartment. I didn't think too much of it and continued driving. After the body shop (where they told me the whole car needs to be repainted) I started heading back home and noticed that sound more and more, but still decided to get on the highway. The malfunction light came on and I noticed a pretty nasty vibration forming on the highway and I got off two short exits later. I pulled over and looked to see if anything was leaking under the car, but that was not the case except for a few drops from the AC. So I drove a little more and the vibrating/hesitation was very noticeable, especially when accelerating or slowing down. I then decided to go to the nearest Acura dealer that was about 1.5 - 2 miles from where I was (Acura of Brooklyn ) to see what they had to say about it. As I was going there the car started smoking everywhere, and I mean everywhere... out of the exhaust, from the hood, and inside through the vents. Also almost everything imaginable lit up where the gauges are (malfunction originally, then cruise control, VSA, abs, check engine among others). So at that point I was so close to the dealership with my car nearly going up in flames it seemed and just the thought of waiting for a tow truck on a hot humid late afternoon NYC day made me blow some red lights and somehow I made it there and then I immediately shut off the car. Once there I ran in extremely overwhelmed and told them what happened. They were unable to start the car anymore at that point and right away told me this is 100% related to the vandalism. In any case, it was about 4:15 pm at the time and they said they couldn't do anything that day. So I called the next two day 6/29, 6/30 to find out the status of the car and they had ZERO answers. Finally on Friday, 7/1, they called me and said the car's main computer (PCM?) got completely short circuited ("totally fried" as the service advisor said) because of HEAVY CONDENSATION buildup and that until they replace it they cannot proceed any further. So with the holiday weekend they of course got nothing done until early last week when they put in the new computer. At that point they were able to start the car but the engine was vibrating/shaking/misfiring horrifically and they said further tests were needed to determine what caused this, and they mentioned they needed to replace the engine coil, which they thought at the time would fix the problem. So then last Thursday, 7/7, they said they must have my other pair of keys/remote to proceed with the tests and had no answer for me when I asked specifically why they needed it. So I got my friend to drop it off there on Friday and then later on Friday, 7/8, they called me and said they have to take the engine out of the car and take it apart to assess it more (I was like WTF!!!!!! at that point while on the phone with them!) and just hung up on them. After calming down later that night I spoke to quite a few people and put this together... clearly Acura has been trying to somehow prove/fabricate that this is related to the vandalism, so that Geico can pay for the damages, yet they admitted already that condensation/water caused the computer to get all fried and naturally f*** up the whole drivetrain. So I called my insurance company Geico and told them what I thought about all this, how this basically cannot be related to vandalism because the vandals never opened the car (the 3 other cars are running just fine) and that the car should withstand heavy rains and car washes. Geico said they would send their adjuster to Acura's shop to see what is going on and what do you know, yesterday (7/12) the adjuster called me saying that he called Acura to see if he could come in and inspect the vehicle and Acura told him no need because the problem is related to a car problem by Acura. So now here I am, 15 days after bringing in the car with no clue as to what is going on. Acura has been completely silent since telling me that the car's engine is being disassembled and clearly Acura has a lot to hide here. To make another point, I have not been given a loaner car since originally they could not prove this was related to the vandalism. For god sakes, even Acura's district case manager out in good ole Torrance, CA said this has to be a vandalism related problem and that a loaner can be provided in the meantime, but if it turns out to indeed be related to vandalism that I would have to pay Acura back for the loaner per day that I had it. So tomorrow it will be 16 days with the car being there and me being stuck with no car when all along it was an Acura defect, which somehow crazily coincided with my car's awful exterior vandalism. So now my real situation is how to get Acura to replace this car. For crying out loud, it has a little over 7,100 miles on it and now the engine is being taken apart?!?!? I've already managed to live with the headliner squeaks, drivetrain vibrations when it drops into 5th gear, and and rear deck rattles, but this is just unacceptable and Acura has to just admit that they gave me a lemon. For your info, I bought the car at Open Road Acura in Wayne, NJ but it is being serviced (to some form) in Acura of Brooklyn, where they did say initially that no matter what the car will drive like new again once they do their work (yeah right!!). I've already spoken to lawyers and right now I have to at least wait till the 20th day to begin an official case. Do you think I should contact Open Road Acura (where I bought the car) and tell them this or just wait till day 20 (NJ's lemon law) and then let the lawyers do all the work. I'm sorry for this being so long and this message being probably filled with numerous spelling/grammatical errors but I have lost a lot of sleep over this nightmare of an experience and my once dream car is basically now a piece of metal sh**!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:35 PM
'05 TL NBP/Ebony Auto

i'm really sorry to hear about your situation, i could only imagine the pain i'd be going through if it was me. it probably doesnt help now, but if you ever get this car running again, or a future acura. try going to park ave acura in maywood. the sales & service team have been great
Old 07-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That makes me wonder what went on those first 7,100 miles. Is it possible the "perps" got anything into the fluid tanks? The problem did conviently occur right after the vandalism.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:40 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Do you know the history of the first 7000 miles. I suspect that they will trace it back to something there, sorry. Sure hope that I'm wrong. Keep us posted.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Intermediate

I drove the car off of the dealer's lot (Open Road Acura in Wayne, NJ) in mid- February 2004 with 1 mile on the odometer so I know the entire history of the car. It is quite nuts to think that such damage happened so shortly after the car was vandalized, but as they say "when it rains, it pours," which is the unfortunate scenario here.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
What puzzles me is how the PCM attracted enough moisture to fry itself. Humidity alone wouldn't do that; it would have be like dripping water to get fried. Not to mention that the PCM casing is sealed tight.

And how did a fried PCM even start the car and run the engine albeit horribly? And why didn't it go into protection mode?

Sounds weird to me. If the problem was the PCM, then a replacement PCM should've fixed the problem. But even with a new one, the engine is running shitty? That would mean the engine has received permanent damage while it was being run on a fried PCM.

You might be right; the dealership might be trying to cover something up.

Good luck getting it all worked out.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by StuntingInDaTL
I drove the car off of the dealer's lot (Open Road Acura in Wayne, NJ) in mid- February 2004 with 1 mile on the odometer so I know the entire history of the car. It is quite nuts to think that such damage happened so shortly after the car was vandalized, but as they say "when it rains, it pours," which is the unfortunate scenario here.
That makes me go "hmmmm...."

As far as I know, Acura factory testing (before the car leaves) and all the driving combined (to get on the transporter, etc.) usually puts about 3-4 miles minimum on the brand new cars. If it only had one mile, then that makes me curious. Just a thought.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:21 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Originally Posted by StuntingInDaTL
Sorry, I misunderstood your first post. Yes I would be after a new car and hope you end up with one. You also are due a loaner IMHO. I recently went in with a friend to help her get a 2003 CL replaced by Acura after receiving a third transmission in six months. She refused to pick the car up when service said it was ready. The dealer got the Acura rep in pronto and her new car is on order.

A forum member recently had a recurring brake problem, his car was also replaced after he refused to pick it up. Keep us posted, try not to yell at them and be firm.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Instructor

All I have to say is that its very fishy that Acura has to take the engine apart to get to the root of the problem. I would let your lawyer handle it from this point forward. What I dont understand is the fact that they denied you a loaner...I would ask the lawyer is you can get a rental car on your own until your car is fixed and then have the lawyer demand that they end up paying for the entire rental car. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:41 AM
To punish and enslave

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
What puzzles me is how the PCM attracted enough moisture to fry itself. Humidity alone wouldn't do that; it would have be like dripping water to get fried. Not to mention that the PCM casing is sealed tight.

And how did a fried PCM even start the car and run the engine albeit horribly? And why didn't it go into protection mode?

Sounds weird to me. If the problem was the PCM, then a replacement PCM should've fixed the problem. But even with a new one, the engine is running shitty? That would mean the engine has received permanent damage while it was being run on a fried PCM.

You might be right; the dealership might be trying to cover something up.

Good luck getting it all worked out.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Wow, paragraphs please. lol.

Each state has different lemon laws, when you bought the car they probably gave you a book on lemon laws, so the answer should be in there.

or go here

http://www.lemonlaw.bbb.org/
Old 07-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Racer

If the damage to your car was a result of vandalism, lemon laws do NOT apply. Your insurance will cover it.

Acura's responsibility would be to show that the problem was from an external source and not a quality problem.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the Lemon law in NY is the problem has to be repaired at least 3 times and could not be fixed, doesn't sound like this applies to you

they would have to replace the tranny or something like that 3 times in a certain amount of time and then when it fails on the 4th you can claim the lemon law.

when they damaged your car did they happen to get inside?
Did you leave the windows open when it rained?

only way to get the computer that wet is from directly spraying it with water or leaving the windows open in a storm and even then it's kinda hard to do
Old 07-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Suzuka Master

:-\ Sorry to hear about the problems. I would call a lemon law attorney and explain the entire situation to him/her and see what they say. Most of them will talk to you and tell you what they think - and they should never charge you unless they win the case, and if they win the case (under Michigan law at least) they can bill Acura directly for legal expenses.

Good luck with the situation.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Not THAT guy

Sugar in the gastank??
Old 07-14-2005, 09:12 AM
TL-S driver

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
That makes me go "hmmmm...."

As far as I know, Acura factory testing (before the car leaves) and all the driving combined (to get on the transporter, etc.) usually puts about 3-4 miles minimum on the brand new cars. If it only had one mile, then that makes me curious. Just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing. Every car that leaves our lot has a mininum of 7 mines on it. Between getting the car with 3-5 miles, to filling up the gas tank and the mechanics testing the car, you get the car with about 7 miles or so. Only American cars will have 1 mile on it. They start their car a little bit under the 00000 so when they drive it the 2 miles total to get the car to you, you pick it up with 1 miles, not the case with Acura's though. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens. I was thinking sugar or water in the gas tank or something in the gas tank might have caused some of the mess up.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Instructor

that was my first thought, but that doesn't explain the fried PCM.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:37 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR1
The dealer got the Acura rep in pronto and her new car is on order.
How, if the CL is not being made anymore.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Sorry to hear about all of that. Probably not going to fall under lemon law...probably not related to the vandalism (unless they put something in the gas tank or popped your hood and messed around)...don't think I'd bother with a lawyer at this point (beyond consulting for opinion/advice). Whatever happens, good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Intermediate

The lawyers have said that the New Jersey lemon laws would apply since the car was purchased in New Jersey, even though I live and have the car registered in NY. To make note, the sunroof was definitely closed so the only way water got in there was through some leak in the PCM. But in the end I'm just so incredibly upset as to how Acura has handled this, no loaner car, no phone calls back until I call 10 times, not even the slightest admittance to this possibly being a car defect and also constantly giving me a new story (up until the last time we spoke last Friday). Let me even state that up until last week I was calling Acura out in California, quite a few times, to complain about all this and then last Friday when the incompetent service rep from Acura of Brooklyn called me to inform me that the engine was being taken apart he also noted something like "Please do not call Acura's headquarters in CA anymore... calling them puts me in a bad situation, gives me a bad repuation along wit the dealership, and only slows down the whole process of us diagnosing and hopefully fixing your car." Who the f*** is he to tell me not to call the folks at Torrance? Acura of Brooklyn is widely known as the worst dealership in the northeast, but unfortunately I had no choice with my car seemingly ready to burn/explode, so I got there as quickly as possible since I was so close to them. I know that the dealership where I got the car in Wayne, NJ (40 miles from my house) would have given me a loaner, no questions asked, but it's obviously too late and worthless to think about that. So anyway I am in contact with the lawyers and they want me to send something official from Geico stating that Acura told them that the problem is related to a car defect, not a problem related to the vandalism. Let's just hope justice will be served here, because I did not buy a car for 33k for it to break down like this and I am definitely not taking this rebuilt lemon back!
Old 07-14-2005, 09:57 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Originally Posted by bigman
How, if the CL is not being made anymore.

Figure it out! She decided on a TL after considering an RL for a moment. Honda/Acura Rep recommended any Honda/Acura product of her choice.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Banned

StuntingInDaTL, terribly sorry to hear what's happening with your car. It indeed sounds like a LEMON case here. I too owns a 2004 Acura and I can say that it is one of the worst HONDA brand I've ever driven (even my old civic is better than TL in terms of problems). Although my TL doesn't have any significant major problems. There are minor problems that bothers me (brake squeak, brake dust, minor vibrations, etc) but nothing to serious complain about. My 2002 Honda Accord Coupe was the best car I've ever owned, it had 36,000 miles before I turned it in (LEASE) and for 3 years, I have never had to visit the dealership at all.
Best of luck to you and keep us posted!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Not THAT guy

Originally Posted by TheTriads
StuntingInDaTL, terribly sorry to hear what's happening with your car. It indeed sounds like a LEMON case here. I too owns a 2004 Acura and I can say that it is one of the worst HONDA brand I've ever driven (even my old civic is better than TL in terms of problems). Although my TL doesn't have any significant major problems. There are minor problems that bothers me (brake squeak, brake dust, minor vibrations, etc) but nothing to serious complain about. My 2002 Honda Accord Coupe was the best car I've ever owned, it had 36,000 miles before I turned it in (LEASE) and for 3 years, I have never had to visit the dealership at all.
Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

Are you kidding me??!!?

Brake squeak is a result of one of four things.
1. New Brakes, still breaking in.
2. Old Brakes, hitting the warning line.
3. Semi-metallic pads, no getting around this one.
or
4. Improper new brake break-in procedure. This is if the squeak is consistent and #3 doesn't apply. If you hammer on your brakes when you first get them, you get this. If you take your car to get serviced and they put on semi-metallic pads they might squeak because of the pad or because they are improperly installed.

Brake dust is a result of the pads. 99% of all cars have this. You got to be kidding me.

To your comment about it being the worst Honda brand you have driven....

There are other brands of Honda besides Honda and Acura?

Sometimes you get a perfect car, sometimes you screw up with the way you drive.
Sometimes you get a less than perfect car and you drive it fine.

I wish people would get off this crap. Every car has it's problems, some of them are consistent indicating bad product/quality control. This is not a common case in the Acura and Honda lines. I've owned or worked on more cars in my life than I care to go into here.

3,000+ miles on my 2005 TL, no problems and still loving it.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by wck3
Sugar in the gastank??
i was just about to say the same thing
Old 07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Dragging knees in

Sugar in the gastank??
The TL has a locking gas door. Unless it was pried open (and it would be obvious), how could they have gotten anything into the tank?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

StuntingInDaTL sorry about your experience with your TL, this reminded me of a story i heard about a 3 series owner. To make it short, 3 series owner had his car parked in his driveway engine off car locked. was working in the garage then all of a sudden his car goes up in flames and boom explodes! luckly no one was injured, so he towed it to the dealer and after sometime BMW offered him a brand new 7 series after he signed some paper work. IMO i think that was the dumbest thing for the owner to do, he could have sued BMW and won a boat load of money.

In your case it appears Acura is being hush hush about something and thats why they're giving excuses blaming the vandals, eventually if they offer you an RL do not take it. and i hope your lawyers will take good care of you.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:34 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I agree with Pure Adrenaline... I think you'd know if your gas tank had been tampered with because the door would have had to be pried open, and that would have been all to obvious.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
StuntingInDaTL sorry about your experience with your TL, this reminded me of a story i heard about a 3 series owner. To make it short, 3 series owner had his car parked in his driveway engine off car locked. was working in the garage then all of a sudden his car goes up in flames and boom explodes! luckly no one was injured, so he towed it to the dealer and after sometime BMW offered him a brand new 7 series after he signed some paper work. IMO i think that was the dumbest thing for the owner to do, he could have sued BMW and won a boat load of money.

In your case it appears Acura is being hush hush about something and thats why they're giving excuses blaming the vandals, eventually if they offer you an RL do not take it. and i hope your lawyers will take good care of you.
good point in that the car was hazardous to drive in and someone could have gotten hurt but i think some people are just sue happy no offence
Old 07-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Suzuka Master

If the car actually detonated than how was it towed. Also, their must have been an insurance investigation as anyone can drop a match in the gas tank, and most do not recieve new cars thrice the value of the original.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
41 43 55 52 41 20 54 4C

I can only imagine how you must feel... I have had my car (not the TL, two other cars) broken into twice and stereo stuff stolen... I couldnt imagine having this much "crap" happen to the car iteself, especially one that you spent this much money on.

But, I will say some things, which i think some people have already touched on....

I think most Lemon laws not only apply to the same repair attempt multiple times, but also, the car being held for XX amount of days with no resolution... I may be wrong, but in my research a while ago (don't feel like doing it right now), I seem to remember seeing that there were time limits also, not just recurrence limits... i think it may have been florida's that was 30 days, if they had it more than 30 days and couldnt find the problem, then they had to honor your request for a replacement... or something like that i think... like i said, it was a while ago that i read up on it...

but anyhow, it certainly seems like you have had some pretty $hitty times recently... I mean to be vandalized outside is one thing, but to have all these other, related or unrelated, problems at the same time really just outright sucks! I also thought of something added to the gas tank when you first posted of the problems.... who knows... I hope everything works out for the best...
Old 07-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Instructor

What a mess. It was a very unfortunate coincidence for the car to have that happen right after the vandalism. As far as how anything got into to the gas tank the car could have been unlocked. Most of us have forgotten to lock our cars at one time or another. I just hope this all gets straightened out and you're on the road again soon.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can only imagine how much of a fight you have on your hands with the obvious vandalism on the car. They are going to play that card to the end.

The gas door is easily poped open on these cars without hitting the latch inside with a credit card, then closed back with no damage visibile.... just an FYI.

P.S. Hit the enter key once in a while.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Drifting

Brake Dust??? gimme a FREAKING BREAK!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Intermediate

Hey guys, I'm sorry about the enormous original posting, with it having no spaces/breaks/paragraphs, but I was writing that post in a rage as you hopefully understand and the formatting of it did not cross my mind at the time. I have spoken to a few lawyers and they all say I have a very good case since the car has spent at this point almost a combined 30 days in the shop since I purchased it, with the NJ lemon laws stating that 20 or more COMBINED days are needed within the first two years or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first). Add on quite a few days when the car was in the shop for the tranny recall, memory seat recall, and at least two visits to repair sunroof/headliner squeaks and you have the near 30 days. At this point I will not accept the car back from Acura and I will tell them I am filing a lemon case and that future discussions will only be through my lawyers. They have refused to give me a loaner, have lied/changed their story a few times about the cause of the car's breakdown, and have not lately responded at all to my voicemails, since getting in touch directly with anyone at Acura of Brooklyn is impossible. So that's the latest update, I will keep you guys updated.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Ask them if they checked the gas, just for kicks since you arent taking the car back.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Ask them if they checked the gas, just for kicks since you arent taking the car back.
No. That would give the dealer another excuse to use against him.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Intermediate

Ok latest update: I spoke to at least 5 law firms yesterday to get various opinions and they all said I have a very strong lemon case here. They did all say I should take the car back from Acura and not mention a word to them about the lemon situation here and that once I get the car back I can start filing the case immediately. Now I sure as hell refuse to drive that defective piece of junk TL anymore, so I will call Acura's headquarters and see what they can offer me and I expect an answer from them today. The lawyers obviously don't want me to mention anything to Acura because at that point Acura will want to settle with me, thus the lawyers get nothing. But these cases sometimes take months to over a year and after THREE WEEKS of being carless I am willing to settle with Acura if they replace the TL with a brand new one AND throw in something substantial to compensate me for all the misery and inconveniences they have caused. What do you guys think I should ask from them?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Take the car back? Does this mean it's been fixed? If so, I doubt you'll get anything.

Now, if the car is still in the shop/messed up, Acura might swap cars with you (settle); however, they won't give you "something substantial" in addition for anything. If you insist on getting more than just the car replaced, hire one of those lawyers...who will eat up most of that extra with their fee...
Old 07-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Take the car back? Does this mean it's been fixed? If so, I doubt you'll get anything.

Now, if the car is still in the shop/messed up, Acura might swap cars with you (settle); however, they won't give you "something substantial" in addition for anything. If you insist on getting more than just the car replaced, hire one of those lawyers...who will eat up most of that extra with their fee...
I agree, They won't do anything substantial, If they did that for every unsatisfied customer, Acura/Honda would be out on their ass broke.

They would give you a new car I think, and thats probably it. And hiring a lawyer will just take a lot of time and a lot of money. Of anything, I think you could as for something like free oilchanges for life of the vehicle or something, but thats probably it.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Are you kidding me??!!?

Brake squeak is a result of one of four things.
1. New Brakes, still breaking in.
2. Old Brakes, hitting the warning line.
3. Semi-metallic pads, no getting around this one.
or
4. Improper new brake break-in procedure. This is if the squeak is consistent and #3 doesn't apply. If you hammer on your brakes when you first get them, you get this. If you take your car to get serviced and they put on semi-metallic pads they might squeak because of the pad or because they are improperly installed.

Brake dust is a result of the pads. 99% of all cars have this. You got to be kidding me.

To your comment about it being the worst Honda brand you have driven....

There are other brands of Honda besides Honda and Acura?

Sometimes you get a perfect car, sometimes you screw up with the way you drive.
Sometimes you get a less than perfect car and you drive it fine.

I wish people would get off this crap. Every car has it's problems, some of them are consistent indicating bad product/quality control. This is not a common case in the Acura and Honda lines. I've owned or worked on more cars in my life than I care to go into here.

3,000+ miles on my 2005 TL, no problems and still loving it.
Oh cut him a break. Having owned previous Honda vehicles better than current Acura is based on his experience. You are contradicting yourself about the comment you just made. There was nothing wrong from what he said, it was all based on his past experience, and I'm sure your TL is perfect or what not doesn't mean everyone else is the same.
Most of us have TL that is past 15,000 miles, so why don't you drive the car for a little while before you make those wise comments.

Quick Reply: MY 2004 TL IS A TRUE LEMON, please read!