Sponsored by:

My 07 TL Is a Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 07 TL Is a Lemon

Bad luck eh?

My windows sqeekkkkk, so i had them check it out, they put lubricate in them, worked for a day, than took it back, they ordered new regulator parts, replaced them, a week later, same sqeeks,.... so thats 3 times... = lemon

not to mention im having a tapping noise in the car, like something is loose, vibrations 2,

my fm/am SUCKS, its all static

my back 2 speakers blew for no reason

i sent in the lemon papers, i hear they might offer me a type-s so i keep the loan
Old 08-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Instructor

troll much?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
Thats it? thats your first post?

how bout you give us a bit more than that eh?

EDIT: i see you added more at the last minute....disregard
Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I think we would sympathize with you more if you actually described what you're talking about.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Advanced

just did.., any tips??

has anybody else gone through this??
Old 08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Advanced

anybody??
Old 08-25-2007, 03:51 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
check problems & fixes ?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
sorry to hear about the troubles with your car. good luck in getting the Type-S
Old 08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
i dont think your gonna win that lemon law....i truthfully think they will just laugh at you...maybe if you had something a bit more troublesome than a window squeek, and Honda is currently investigating the window concern, the dealer should have received a notice and shouldn't have even replaced the regulator. as of now there's no fix, until honda can pin point what the noise is....
Old 08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
The Lemon law is for the same problem 4 times. Like a bad trans, or differential. Not a squeekie seat spring.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
:every state differs on attempts, but it is a standard policy that it has to be an issue that affects the way the car runs, a good way to find this stuff is look into the powertrain warranty, thats what lemon law covers.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
:every state differs on attempts, but it is a standard policy that it has to be an issue that affects the way the car runs... .

Not quite - at least not here.

.... a defect or condition substantially impairs the value of the motor vehicle to the consumer ....
This is clause is quite liberal to the consumer. The defect however, must be a warranty item.

To the OP: Google "YourState Lemon Law", check the Lemon Law Warranty booklet that came with your car and Search AcuraZine for "Lemon Law".
Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Clueless

I wish I had such heartbreaking problems when I was 20. How are you holding up? Sue for pain and suffering.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:54 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by frank b
I wish I had such heartbreaking problems when I was 20. How are you holding up? Sue for pain and suffering.
LOLLLLLLLLLL
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Racer

are your windows tinted? If so...you're screwed anyway you look at it. Lemon Law for a squeeky window. Get real.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:57 AM
East Coast Crew

Come back when you have a real problem.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 AM
9th Gear

in defense of black07tl, i have the same issues on my '07 type s on an intermittent basis. my windows squeak, my fm reception is inadequate, and i get an occasional rattle which actually sounds like it is coming form the center of my steering wheel. i only have 1000 miles but when it goes in for it's first serice i will ask the dealer to address those issues. although these are not conditions which have diabled my car, they are annoying and borderline embarrassing for a new premium car brand. frankly, i did not expect this from acura.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Gentleman- we do not treat new members this way- period. If you can offer some help to him then do so, otherwise move on.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
Gentleman- we do not treat new members this way- period. If you can offer some help to him then do so, otherwise move on.
Thank you ... well put.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Instructor

i will also retract my original post now that he edited the original post. the original post only said "Bad luck eh?"...and being a first post, well, he appeared to be asking for it. BUT, it apparently was a posting error.

back on topic...

if my windows were making bad sounds i would be very unhappy...i think it's a valid complaint. throw in the stereo problems and i'd be even more unhappy. i don't think a lemon law will apply (isn't it just for "driveability" issues related to the motor and such?). not sure, but i'd work with the dealer. perhaps they will come through with the TL-S swap for you. if i was you, i'd be happy with just an even-up exchange for another TL.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Acuras Only in

Originally Posted by ggesq
1+ ... congrats to ggesq as well for made it to Mod. .. LOL (just noticed . maybe it's old news)

I wouldn't mind getting a type-s with a TL loan ... hellya ...
Old 08-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
sorry to shoot off topic but....i didn't know people still listened to "FM"...lol..jk jk....but seriously...i hear better songs on XM then FM anyday....and no commercials...loving that....and if i get tired of XM...I just play MP3's and WMA's in the CD player...
Old 08-26-2007, 03:07 PM
East Coast Crew

Hmm....it's pretty simple to find out the reason why a window would squeak. Sometimes it's the inner molding. If someone could help you take it out and try moving your windows up and down, it will determine if it's a mechanical defect. For the speakers blowing, what volume was your headunit set at? For the AM/FM static, check to see if the static is the same as you drive. That will determine if it's a mechanical issue or if it's just an area issue.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Racer

I have a friend that went through the lemon law process in Illinois for a leaking sunroof panel on his '06 Scion tC. They tried to fix it like 6 times. It took about 6 months, a hundred phone calls and a ton of fighting to win. In the end, they bought his car back, but subtracted around $3800 for the 16K miles he had on the car.

That being said, I would be terribly surprised if they give you a more expensive car for your 'troubles'. (btw...my passenger window on my '05 TL had an intermittant squeek...that they could never fix.)
Old 08-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by paradigm
i will also retract my original post now that he edited the original post. the original post only said "Bad luck eh?"...and being a first post, well, he appeared to be asking for it. BUT, it apparently was a posting error.

back on topic...

if my windows were making bad sounds i would be very unhappy...i think it's a valid complaint. throw in the stereo problems and i'd be even more unhappy. i don't think a lemon law will apply (isn't it just for "driveability" issues related to the motor and such?). not sure, but i'd work with the dealer. perhaps they will come through with the TL-S swap for you. if i was you, i'd be happy with just an even-up exchange for another TL.
paradigm- for the record, i was not referring to you. i know the op edited his post after you made your post. i would be confused too if that was all he wrote. thanks for bringing up some constructive suggestions for the op
Old 08-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Advanced

thanks for the replies, im in the state of FLORIDA, and i called in, they told me ANY PROBLEM on a NEW CAR, more than 3 TIMES serviced = a LEMON!!!

I WAS WONDERING HAS ANYONE ELSE GONE THROUGH THIS WITH ACURA?
Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Black07TL
thanks for the replies, im in the state of FLORIDA, and i called in, they told me ANY PROBLEM on a NEW CAR, more than 3 TIMES serviced = a LEMON!!!

black07TL- take a look at this thread : https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=florida+lemon

Also, if you do a search for lemon law you will find a few other threads that might be helpful
Old 08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
4th Gear

ell it does happen

As anyone really knows, even with a quality manufacturer like acura sometimes bad things happen. My LF window on my 05 tl does make noise and it is the inner molding that for some reason makes noise. Which i was concerned about didnt want to ruin my tint. Anyway, lemon-law wont cover it, Acura might be trying to retain its good standards of service, that and as the earlier gen 3 owners will tell you the dealers have buy-back programs, and are particularly interested in 05-06 gen 3's. (obviously yours is newer) So offering you a new one is a save face probablity. For those that made fun of the situation. Shut-up. Stuff happens, and you dont have to be childish. As for the rest, i wouldnt trade my squeeky window on my Blue-pearl, 6sp-navi, comptech supercharged, lowered, swayed, cambered, short-shifted, 18inch, washed regularly screaming eagle of a bitch Acura. So leave the guy alone. Dude, hope you get the type-s, but, i wouldnt trade mine for it. Good Luck
Old 08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07TL

Yes, a number of people have LL Acura products. Usually for larger defects such as transmissions. It is generally not a fast or easy process.

Try to keep all conversations professional and at a businesslike tone. Research exactly what your state Lemon Law says. You should be able to find it on the internet. It's likely will have to go through the Acura customer service representative who will be contacted by the dealer. I think the process involves arbitration prior to a decision being made. A replacement is usually a last step rather than 1-2-3 take it back. Hope this helps some.

FWIW - I doubt that you will ever find a perfect example of any individual automobile for the price you are able/willing to pay. I don't think that the construction process for mass produced items reaches perfect. If they thought they could build perfect, there would be an unconditional warranty.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:45 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Originally Posted by vrusso
in defense of black07tl, i have the same issues on my '07 type s on an intermittent basis. my windows squeak, my fm reception is inadequate, and i get an occasional rattle which actually sounds like it is coming form the center of my steering wheel. i only have 1000 miles but when it goes in for it's first serice i will ask the dealer to address those issues. although these are not conditions which have diabled my car, they are annoying and borderline embarrassing for a new premium car brand. frankly, i did not expect this from acura.
Actually, the driver's side window recently started squeaking after taking it in for a diagnostic. I was having rattling issues with the driver's side and passenger's side doors with the windows partially or all the way down. It would rattle like hell when shutting them, as if the glass were loose. The local Acura dealer said it was a molding issue so I'm dropping the car off again tomorrow and driving off with an RDX loaner (can't wait!!! ) I too have a rattling problem in the center console area as well...I'm almost positive that it's coming from the center speaker... I have the TL-S and currently at 3.7k miles... The funny thing is, the first rattle I've identified was in the first week of driving which was the rear sub-woofer speaker...had it fixed asap...it's such an unnecessary crap to deal with from a consumer's standpoint.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Drifting

Hey, if I just bought a new car for 30K+, I'd be unhappy if it had any defects...especially squeaks and rattles which really bother me. Fortunately, all of the cars I've bought have been pretty damm good. Give the guy a break...he came to this forum looking for advice, not nasty comments. I hope he gets his car fixed, but I doubt if Acura is going to give him a new Type-S for a squeaky window...they just aren't that generous.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Cruisin'

I had rattles in the front passenger and driver windows. The dealer fix the rattles on my last visit.

Here's what it said on my invoice:

Customer states there is a rattling sound from the top rear of corners of both front doors.

Found door panel or B-Pillar rattles, ticks, or buzzes - Replace the driver side and passenger side B-Pillar uppper, 84161-SEP-A02ZA garnish.

You can search the part number on AcuraOEMparts.com
Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 05gen3nova
As anyone really knows, even with a quality manufacturer like acura sometimes bad things happen. My LF window on my 05 tl does make noise and it is the inner molding that for some reason makes noise. Which i was concerned about didnt want to ruin my tint. Anyway, lemon-law wont cover it, Acura might be trying to retain its good standards of service, that and as the earlier gen 3 owners will tell you the dealers have buy-back programs, and are particularly interested in 05-06 gen 3's. (obviously yours is newer) So offering you a new one is a save face probablity. For those that made fun of the situation. Shut-up. Stuff happens, and you dont have to be childish. As for the rest, i wouldnt trade my squeeky window on my Blue-pearl, 6sp-navi, comptech supercharged, lowered, swayed, cambered, short-shifted, 18inch, washed regularly screaming eagle of a bitch Acura. So leave the guy alone. Dude, hope you get the type-s, but, i wouldnt trade mine for it. Good Luck
thank you, its in the shop now, THEY JUST LOANED me A TSX 2007, AND ITS DOING THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Drifting

Get a Buick....they are supposed to have the highest customer satisfaction lately.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
The Lemon law is for the same problem 4 times. Like a bad trans, or differential. Not a squeekie seat spring.
I have first hand knowledge of a constantly broken moonroof forcing a lemon law result. (Not Acura)

It's not just about 'important' mechanical items.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 04Enthusiast
I had rattles in the front passenger and driver windows. The dealer fix the rattles on my last visit.

Here's what it said on my invoice:

Customer states there is a rattling sound from the top rear of corners of both front doors.

Found door panel or B-Pillar rattles, ticks, or buzzes - Replace the driver side and passenger side B-Pillar uppper, 84161-SEP-A02ZA garnish.

You can search the part number on AcuraOEMparts.com
Here's some bad news, I've had my windows 'fixed' 4 times by Acura. It keeps coming back.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SuperStar
Here's some bad news, I've had my windows 'fixed' 4 times by Acura. It keeps coming back.

wow... same thing..... i just got mine back.... SAME PROBLEMS NOTHING FIXED!!!

i sent in the lemon papers , you should do it 2!

i have vibrations all over

rattling

all that
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck with everything. If the items bother you that much and the Lemon Law here in FL work in your favor, get a new one. Wait a while so by the time everything is getting fixed, the 09s will be coming out.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Window squeeks/rattles are very hard to track down and are a royal pain in the rear. Here is one lengthy thread that may help: https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/belated-photos-la-meet-84527/
and here is my post in that thread that worked for me: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=85 . I was overjoyed when I fixed that squeek. I also fixed a very bad rattle in the center speaker (also documented over in the fixes area). I also have the classic 'drivetrain vibration' problem, and my dealer has told me it's not an issue; I'm pondering my next step on that one.

I think it's bad enough I had to spend upwards of 4 hours tracking down and fixing these problems in a brand new $35k car, and if I had your additional problems I'd be very upset.

Mods - can you guys not remove some of the negative posts rather than just chastising - eg, the "Come back when you have a real problem" post - no 'continuity' would be lost by deleting that thread entirely.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Advanced

I just got it back from the shop 3 days ago, no problems fixed, vibrations + rattles still intact, right window still sqeeking, they only replaced one speaker instead of both... by the way this is ORANGE PARK ACURA IN FLORIDA

Quick Reply: My 07 TL Is a Lemon