Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More tint questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Love my TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More tint questions

I want to get my SSM/Ebony with Navi TL tinted this weekend but I have a few simple questions.

1. Can you install the moleskin (the felt that prevents scratches) after the tint is installed?

2. After reading for hours it appears that Formula One Pinnacle is the tint brand most people recommend for the TL. What makes this tint so much better than other tints like Madico? My local Formula One tint shop charges $250 ($100 more than the Madico tint shop) and will not put 20% all around. He says it is illegal in Florida so I have to go with 30% on front windows and 20% in the rears! The other tint shops have no problem going with 20%.

3. Is there such a thing as non-metallic reflective tint? If so, please list brand name/type. I like the silver mirror look however I do not want to mess up my navigation.
thanks
Old 07-03-2004, 07:39 AM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
rs808,

1. Yes moleskin / felt is installed after the tint is put on.

2. No idea

3. Every tint have mainly three properties; heat reduction, UV protection and reflectivity. All tints have some reflectivity even if they say it is non-reflective, however metalic gets more reflective. Llumar might have what you are looking for at;

http://www.llumar.com/PDF/English/LL...t%20-%20NA.pdf
Old 07-03-2004, 08:46 AM
AM MT Navi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rs808
2. After reading for hours it appears that Formula One Pinnacle is the tint brand most people recommend for the TL. What makes this tint so much better than other tints like Madico? My local Formula One tint shop charges $250 ($100 more than the Madico tint shop) and will not put 20% all around. He says it is illegal in Florida so I have to go with 30% on front windows and 20% in the rears! The other tint shops have no problem going with 20%.
I was told the same thing by Tint King here in West Palm Beach. They are one of the few places around here that carry Formula One products. I don't understand why they care if it's illegal. It seems every shop that does not sell Formula One will install any percentage (even limo) without a problem.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:09 AM
You touch my tra la la...

He won't get in trouble for doing it all around, I don't see what the problem is. Tell him to go fuck himself and you'll take your business elsewhere. Seriously, I just went to a respected shop around here, and got it tinted. It looks great, works great, and is great quality, and I didn't ask the name of the tint manufacturer or anything. Doesn't matter.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Love my TL

Originally Posted by GaleForce
He won't get in trouble for doing it all around, I don't see what the problem is. Tell him to go fuck himself and you'll take your business elsewhere. Seriously, I just went to a respected shop around here, and got it tinted. It looks great, works great, and is great quality, and I didn't ask the name of the tint manufacturer or anything. Doesn't matter.
First, thank you to everyone who replied to my post.
I just got back from a Formula One Tint shop in Venice (about an 1hr from my house in Bradenton FL). I decided to drive this far because it was the only Formula One tint shop I could find who would put what I wanted on. I ended up with 15% Pinnacle all around and it cost me $220 cash with lifetime warranty (the guy said I had to pay cash if I wanted 15% tint all around.
WOW, my SSM/Ebony/Navi with body kit and deck lid spoiler looks awesome. Sorry for tooting my horn here but this car looks so much better with tint.

I guess the moral of the story is if a shop doesn't want to give you what you want go to someone that will (fuck'em like you said, take your business else where!)