AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Moonroof Wind Deflector?? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/moonroof-wind-deflector-573304/)

EMF213 04-13-2005 09:16 PM

Moonroof Wind Deflector??

So I drop my NBP/Ebony off at the dealer today to have the A-Spec body kit installed. For the loaner car, they give me a nice Redondo Red/Camel TL with full body kit, lip spoiler, body side moldings (not a fan) and a moonroof wind deflector...
They even took the car to the car wash before handing me the key (nice!).

Anyway, I never gave it much thought, but the wind deflector actually looks kinda cool. It has an up-turned spoiler look in the center and from what I could tell it seems to work fairly well.

So my question is this...What's the general consensus on this thing? Does it look good or is it kinda cheesy? Part of me thinks it's cool and part of me thinks it might cheapen the look of the car....After all, I see a lot of these things on Altimas, Accords, etc., but I never see them on a BMW or Mercedes...

Thoughts??

BTW, the camel interior on this loaner car is awesome!!

vp911 04-13-2005 11:25 PM

i kind of want one, just because of the wind noise. i had it on the fx35 i had, and it left a lot of dirt on the roof of the car when taken off...and left a few scratches.

ndx2 04-14-2005 12:27 AM

i had one on my eclipse. it controls the wind flow coming into the car - but the tl already has a slight built-in wind deflector. i personally do not like the OEM wind deflector, as it is waaaay to big. it practically covers half the sunroof. it's more of a sun roof cover.

i wouldn't recommend it.

joele 04-14-2005 01:51 AM

i actually didn't like the built in "teeth" wind deflector and that's why i got the sun roof deflector. i think it looks totally better than the teeth.

MyJohnson 04-14-2005 08:26 AM

Have it and like the way it works. The way it looks is so so.

theactivist 04-14-2005 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by MyJohnson
Have it and like the way it works. The way it looks is so so.

does it make the interior appreciably quieter?

EMF213 04-14-2005 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by theactivist
does it make the interior appreciably quieter?

In the brief amount of time I spent in the loaner with the deflector, I'd say it is a little quieter....however, you're always going to have noise with the roof open.

crazymjb 04-14-2005 09:34 PM

Do any cars have a wind deflecter that folds up when the sunroof is opened? That would be awsome, but of coarse would add to the price.

Bluenote 04-14-2005 09:53 PM

It does cut down a good bit on the wind noise, but it's more effective at forcing the wind up & over the roof instead of into the car. My hair blows around much less since I installed mine. I use the sunroof everyday now.

crazymjb 04-14-2005 10:23 PM

I like the extra breeze you get from a sun roof, but thats me.