Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Montclair Acura, NJ - Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 05:45 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montclair Acura, NJ - Delivery

Is anyone else waiting on a delivery from Montclair Acura in New Jersey? Or has anyone just recieved a delivery that could tell me how things went? My car, a 6MT with Navi, should have been in this week but still no car. They are promising me a Vin # by the early next week and delivery 7 to 10 days after that,,,got my fingers crossed that I'm not being jerked around. Anyhow,,,feedback from any of you that have any experience with this dealership would be great.....Thanks
Old 05-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

I took delivery off the lot from Montclair in January - no problems, so I think they're on the up and up.

I can share my experience, for comparison purposes, as just yesterday I took delivery of a new MDX from Bridgewater Acura. Here's the chronology:

April 24th - Place order and left $500 deposit.
Week of May 9th - MDX is manufactured at the Ontario plant. Dealer tells us it should be in by May 20th.
May 19 - Sales Rep tells us the X is in their shop, gives me VIN to pass on to my insurance company. Tells us we can pick it up on the 20th because they need the extra day to install roof-rack and side steps.
May 20 - we picked it up.

My impression from Bridgewater is the dealer doesn't know the VIN until the car is received by them. If that's the case, not sure why Montlcair needs 7-10 days after that.

Might want to consider speaking to the sales manager, or the GM to express your concerns.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nukeman
Is anyone else waiting on a delivery from Montclair Acura in New Jersey? Or has anyone just recieved a delivery that could tell me how things went? My car, a 6MT with Navi, should have been in this week but still no car. They are promising me a Vin # by the early next week and delivery 7 to 10 days after that,,,got my fingers crossed that I'm not being jerked around. Anyhow,,,feedback from any of you that have any experience with this dealership would be great.....Thanks
I took delivery of my DGP/Camel/6MT/Navi from Montclair Acura last weekend. I must say that I experienced the same anxiety in dealing with them through the wait period. I had paced my order with a $500 deposit on February 21st. I would call or email my salesman every week thereon, to get a status update on the order. I'd always get very vague responses, and it got to the point where I wasn't even sure if my order had actually been placed with the factory by the dealer. So I called one day in April, and spoke to a Sales Manager, Jonathan, who gave me the exact status on my order. Essentially, he gave me the estimated build date of my car, and the delivery date, which was 5-7 days after the build date. Sure enough, I received my car in the timeframe he gave me. I received the VIN # from my salesman exactly 2 days prior to delivery.

The actual delivery process was great. My salesman spent almost 1.5 hrs with me going over every little detail on the car, and getting me setup with the important switches and buttons. No complaints whatsoever.

So, hang on tight.It looks like you will have your car next week!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Cruisin'

i'm also waiting for a WDP/Parchment/6MT/NAVI from them. My salesman says he should have a Vin# next week, and the car is due in the first 2 weeks of june.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Instructor

Hmm intersting for I am also waiting on a WDP parchement/6MT/Navi. So i am wondering, just curious what do you guys pay for your car? I need to call them. I also got the A-spec kit. Mines should be here also witha VIN number. So basically we all are waiting , I think should be end of this month or early June our car will be here.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I picked up my SSM 5AT w/ Navi from Montclair at the end of March and ordered it at the end of Feb.

I called weekly to get a status update and about 2 weeks before delivery, got a VIN#, build date (dates actually since it was a range of dates) and an estimated delivery date. The car was built on the first of the range of dates, arrived at the dealer 5 days later and I was in it 2 days after it arrived at the dealer.

So the build dates + 5-7 business days for shipping is about right. You should get your VIN at least after the car is built. The dealers usually get the VIN when the cars are built and prepped for shipping to them.

I was satisfied with my experience and my sales guy spent about an hour with me explaining things (this is in addition to the hour he spent with me demoing and explaining when I test drove).

No problems with my car and I love it! Can't wait to take it on a road trip... might run down to MD sometime in June to visit some relatives. Should be a great trip.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up vin

Yippie,,,,,got my Vin # today and car should be here in 7 to 10 days. :licka:
Old 05-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Advanced

I took a test drive there and was totally turned off by the place. Salesman was a hot air merchant and I got the impression that ordering a car would be a major hassle at this place-ie they say whatever is needed to get the sale and then you are at their careless mercy to get your car.