3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Might Be A New One (3G TL Garage# F-127)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Might Be A New One (3G TL Garage# F-127)

I'll try to make a long story short. When I first got my TL I noticed a drop of water about the size of a quarter under the mat on the passanger's side. I didn't think too much about it since it was raining and humid, wiped it up and I thought that was it. That was in August. Yesterday my wife got in the car and asks where did all this water under the mat come from. It was seeping out from under the mat. Took the car to the dealer today and they think it is a leak of some sort in the floor plan. Possibly a seam. The last time I saw the car in the service department half of the interior was out. Very sad indeed. I'll keep you informed about what is happening. Just in case why don't you guys and gals pull up the mat and take a look. I'm sure this is a one of a kind thing, just my luck.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Yada, Yada, Yada

If this is truly a bum seam in the underbody, you may want to begin thinking about getting the car replaced. Never know what else may happen if its letting water in. Sorry to hear this and good luck with whatever happens.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
Does it only do it when it is raining?

It could be a leaking windshield that is letting water run down onto the floor, or possible a clogged air conditioner drain, but I don't know how the A/C is set up in the TL so that may be wrong.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:31 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paul revere
I'll try to make a long story short. When I first got my TL I noticed a drop of water about the size of a quarter under the mat on the passanger's side. I didn't think too much about it since it was raining and humid, wiped it up and I thought that was it. That was in August. Yesterday my wife got in the car and asks where did all this water under the mat come from. It was seeping out from under the mat. Took the car to the dealer today and they think it is a leak of some sort in the floor plan. Possibly a seam. The last time I saw the car in the service department half of the interior was out. Very sad indeed. I'll keep you informed about what is happening. Just in case why don't you guys and gals pull up the mat and take a look. I'm sure this is a one of a kind thing, just my luck.
its okay...at least you warned us of the redcoats.

but seriously, i really hope that nothing is really wrong and you get your TL back. its a sad day for all of us
Old 12-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
It's either a leak in the floorboard or the a/c evaporator has gotten clogged and is overflowing into the passenger wheel well (a common a/c issue with Honda products).
Old 12-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Someone ever had the simliar problem, his back seat/mat always got wet during the similar situation.

Please keep us update. Thanks.

Happy New Year.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that sucks. I hope they fix it and its like new! Did you happen to take pictures?
Old 12-30-2004, 04:13 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I also remember a post where the back passanger seat gets wet in heavy rain. Could not find it. It was some sort of leak from the wheel well.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Cruisin'

If it is a floor seam I would ask for a new car, just keep making the statement that you do not feel safe driving a car in which there was a problem with a seam or weld. If they insist you keep the car, only do so if they provide you with a written statement that there are no other seam or weld defect and that they guarantee the cars safety.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would demand a new car honestly. If they refuse, simply call a lemon law attorney - and although it won't qualify under the lemon law you can file a lawsuit against American Honda.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Instructor

I called the dealer this afternoon, it is nothing more then a leaking body seal. It has already been installed and all they have to do is give it a water check to make sure that it was the seal. They have to put everything back together, seats, carpet and everything else that was removed. I will pick up the car tomorrow morning and hope for the best. I was impressed by Acura of Cleveland's service department, got a loaner-TSX, not a bad car at all. They got the part in less than a day. I hope that the problem is solved.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by rets
Someone ever had the simliar problem, his back seat/mat always got wet during the similar situation.

Please keep us update. Thanks.

Happy New Year.
Originally Posted by JoganJani
I also remember a post where the back passanger seat gets wet in heavy rain. Could not find it. It was some sort of leak from the wheel well.
Man, you have asked this TWICE... it's 107 days ago...

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/z4-upcoming-bmw-films-83211/

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93969