Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Micro Scratches On Windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Micro Scratches On Windshield?

After four months, I decided that it was time to clean the inside of the windshield and purchased some microfiber towels and Windex.

After a couple of minutes of wiping, I just couldn't get that streaky residue to go away so I switched to some brand new cotton towels I'd also purchased at the auto parts store. They specifically said they were 'glass towels' made of pure cotton, blah blah blah.

Well, after another couple of minutes of wiping, the streaky residue was down to about nothing *but* in the bright sunlight I suddenly saw a swath of micro scratches all over the windshield. Can't see them at all under normal conditions, but at 5pm sunset you cannot escape them. They're everywhere.

Didn't want to take further action until I came in here for advice.....did I permanently fu*k up my windshield? Do I just need to use another cleaning product? Can I 'buff' these out or somehow reverse what I've done? Have I really done nothing but create micro streaks (not scratches) that more scrubbing can get out?

Help.

BJ
Old 07-25-2004, 07:20 PM
EnJ
Anti-Acura TL

try using some armor all
Old 07-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
(to boltjames) Disclaimer: content semi-serious

There's a guy in this forum who extols the virtues of Zaino. I can't think of his name but I found this link to guide you in the right direction http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-12

PUFFY LUMPERS WILL ALSO KEEP YOUR WINDSHIELD FROM GETTING SCRATCHED
Old 07-25-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EnJ
try using some armor all

I had "micro" scratches on my window a while back because I was supporting a club (all girls ) and donating money to them for washing my windows. Naturally, I would not have let them touched my car, so I figured if I wanted to see some wet girls, I should at least let them clean my windows. Well I handed them the towels I always keep in my car but damn, some girls wipe HARD. I was about to cry :'( . Afterwards, I noticed the scratches, they werent deep, but just looks like minute surface scratches. I used a SMALL amount (half or 1/4 of a dime) of Zaino swirl remover and gently rubbed on it. The scratches went away. I should have used the window cleaner from Zaino, but I was out. BJ, if you have the same scratches I did, then I think the swirl remover will work for you.

If you dont have swirl remover...bah.

I know its stupid and I cant figure out why it worked. I thought the Z5 was suppose to like work only on paint/clear coat. No idea. But it worked
Old 07-25-2004, 07:30 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ron A

There's a guy in this forum who extols the virtues of Zaino. I can't think of his name but I found this link to guide you in the right direction http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-12

I think you should use that just to be sure.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Poorboy's Pro Polish does a great job on glass,plastic and the exhaust tips
Old 07-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Ron A

Fu*k me. I've got to buy some mother fu*king Zaino product to save my sorry a*s? Son of a bit*h, what a fuc*ing day!

Thanks guys. I was considering a trade in for a new TL if the only alternative was having a scratchy windshield.

BJ