3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

los gatos or sunnyvale dealers..recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,160 Likes on 909 Posts
Exclamation los gatos or sunnyvale dealers..recommendations?

I am considering flying up to either the los gatos or sunnyvale dealership to get a certain car I want. Has anyone bought from these dealerships before and recommend a certain person to talk to, or have any tips about these dealerships in general? Thanks for helping out.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
do your research first- get consumer reports price on that car- they can tell you close to what the dealer actually pays acura for it, there are also secret holdback incentives acura gives the dealers- you need to know that!
then offer a reasonable profit to them of 500 to 1000$ over REAL cost, not any paper sticker bs
never speak to a sales staff member unless you want to give them a few grand for doing nothing!
Get the sales managers name and contact them by phone with the specific info of what car color combo you want, and ask for their best price- let them know you are shopping to BUY and WILL buy from the right place for the right price
Be prepared with your own finance in hand before you do anything!!!!
Send email to several dealers asking their best price and compare
Look at the area of town/state- are you paying for high rent and big building, or the smaller place that wants to sell a car?

Fly to get a car? do you live in the boonies? Anywhere near where you said is going to be jacked up price due to the area
If you cant walk out the door and into the car you drove there to leave- they have you cornered

Tell the manager you want to see their invoice- not the computer printed one- the carbon paper one that is the real price they pay acura after all incentives and rollbacks to the dealer.
If you dont understand some of these terms- you are not ready to go shopping!!!
Buy at the very end of the month when mananger is looking for one more deal to make numbers look better
How many cars they sold of each type is reported to acura and their next shipment of desireable hi markup cars is based on sales overall, and of specific model cars

Do your interent research- contact several dealers by email with same request on best price- then go from there
Always take an older friend- like in their 40s, with you- to say- no deal- lets go~ and drag you to the door, then the sales manager- whose job is to make sales happen- comes running after you-
what will it take for you to drive this car home now? ????
Here is my offer - I told you that already- want it or not?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:25 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
do your research first- get consumer reports price on that car- they can tell you close to what the dealer actually pays acura for it, there are also secret holdback incentives acura gives the dealers- you need to know that!
then offer a reasonable profit to them of 500 to 1000$ over REAL cost, not any paper sticker bs
never speak to a sales staff member unless you want to give them a few grand for doing nothing!
Get the sales managers name and contact them by phone with the specific info of what car color combo you want, and ask for their best price- let them know you are shopping to BUY and WILL buy from the right place for the right price
Be prepared with your own finance in hand before you do anything!!!!
Send email to several dealers asking their best price and compare
Look at the area of town/state- are you paying for high rent and big building, or the smaller place that wants to sell a car?

Fly to get a car? do you live in the boonies? Anywhere near where you said is going to be jacked up price due to the area
If you cant walk out the door and into the car you drove there to leave- they have you cornered

Tell the manager you want to see their invoice- not the computer printed one- the carbon paper one that is the real price they pay acura after all incentives and rollbacks to the dealer.
If you dont understand some of these terms- you are not ready to go shopping!!!
Buy at the very end of the month when mananger is looking for one more deal to make numbers look better
How many cars they sold of each type is reported to acura and their next shipment of desireable hi markup cars is based on sales overall, and of specific model cars

Do your interent research- contact several dealers by email with same request on best price- then go from there
Always take an older friend- like in their 40s, with you- to say- no deal- lets go~ and drag you to the door, then the sales manager- whose job is to make sales happen- comes running after you-
what will it take for you to drive this car home now? ????
Here is my offer - I told you that already- want it or not?
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180971

OP already did his research. It is the end of the production run. So. Cali. has a lot of dealers, so does Nor. Cali. Sometimes it pays to go to the mountain to get what you want. We find that on occassion one region is more anxious to unload inventory than another.

It's just a day trip with some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. Time permitting, I would rather go look at the car and enjoy the drive home instead of trusting them to send what I want, how I want and when I want. Downside risk is price of transportation and a few hours lost. That can all but be eliminated by making the deal online and by phone in advance.

I'm old and live in the center of the state. At one time we had one of each dealer in the area. The attitude was, pay this price or walk. Some of them still think they have the only car on the planet. My Acura dealer is one of them. In the past year alone I've made a few 3-400 mile round trips to another dealer to help friends save $1-3,000. They count on us being lazy or afraid to look elsewhere. I have laid signed offers on sales managers desk and had them tell me they can't match the price.

Ya gotta do what you gotta do. Did you read the thread from the poor guy in a small city in Colorado? I don't think there are three Acura dealers in the state. I refuse to be screwed without my permission (which I sometimes give).

sockr1, there have been good and bad post about both of those dealers. Suggest you get their emailed, itemized price including everything. If you want to know how complete it can be, run through the exercise at the dealer I mentioned. They have their stuff together. To bad I only saw a black TL-S in their inventory the other day. Keep us posted.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by sockr1
I am considering flying up to either the los gatos or sunnyvale dealership to get a certain car I want. Has anyone bought from these dealerships before and recommend a certain person to talk to, or have any tips about these dealerships in general? Thanks for helping out.
Los gatos in a very expensive area, so the cars are more expensive due to the price or rent on real estate. Sunnyvale refused to even look for the TL I wanted, told me I was stupid for being so dead set on black. If you are going to fly out here I recomend Fairfield Acura. They found the car I wanted and picked it up from another dealer as well as gave me a great price. They are out in the corn field where rent is cheap and I did all my dealing over the internet or phone. Tell them you know what you want, no need to test drive, just get the car and I will buy it. the less work you make the sales person do the better the deal they will be willing to do.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
BYPASS the saleman!!!! deal direct with the sales MANAGER or you are giving away money
Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 PM
07 Type S NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought mine used from Los Gatos felt I got a great deal 07 TLS 6MT, guys name was Lance, decent salesman as not to pushy.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

i just got a WDP 08 TL-s and went to the dealership in sunnyvale...du vinh helped me out, no pressure to buy very laid back, gave me a GREAT deal...he also gave me about a 10-15 run through while we were in the car so i didn't feel completely lost driving off the lot in an unfamiliar car...I LOVE MY TL-S (i flew 500 miles to buy this model in a stickshift!)
Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Glad to hear you got it done. Tell us, was it worth it emotionally and financially? How was the drive home?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Safety Car

everything was worth it...the car satisfies everything i want and for the price i couldn't beat it...i paid 32,700 before taxes without ANY haggling or riffs with the internet manager. i pretty much did all the talking before getting there. the drive home was great, i got 31 mpg by breaking the car in really easy (65 mph)!