3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a New TL. My experience with Great Customer Service- Ryan Open Road Acura

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a New TL. My experience with Great Customer Service- Ryan Open Road Acura

After around 4 months of shopping around all the acura dealers in New York and surfing this site researching about the TL. I decided to do some shopping over the phone and through the internet to purchase a TL .

I received a call from Ryan Open Road Acura in NJ and the price they gave me for a 2006 TL with Nav was great. I will not disclose the price but it is comparable to most of the 3GTL Sign in prices (the lower prices) Hint Hint. but most of all I was really happy and pleased with their customer service.

In 4 days after signing a contract and putting a 500 deposit on the TL, they received the car and also abided by all the things I had put in the agreement. (Must have everything on paper for all you new car buyers)

I spent about 4-5 hrs going through the checklist they have on this site when buying a new car. AWESOME and very thorough checklist someone made. Thanks it was great help.

But I just want to share with you my experience with Ryan Open Road Acura.

1-Agreement on the phone was the same when I walked into the dealer to sign the contract.

2-The sales guy Nick Powell was very patient. I literally took his whole day going through the checklist from this site to inspect everything was in working condition. I even told him to go around and help others and if i needed help Id ask him, but he stayed the whole 4-5 hrs with me till i drove the car off the lot. alot of patience which i thought was great customer service.

3-delivery of the car was as stated everything in my agreement

4-And when I was about to purchase some touchup paint, (I didnt want to ask for it for free since I got such a great price for the car and since I took so much of the Nick's time) but he took the receipt out of my hand and took cared of the bill for me.

5-Everyone in the dealer was great. I look young actually I still consider myself young 25, but I have experienced dealers where they would push you off like you didnt have the money to purchase the TL. But everyone in this dealership treated me with the upmost respect. offered me coffee and the managers welcomed and shook my hand and thanked me after purchasing a vehicle from their dealership, thought it was nice.

6-I also wanted the white plug in for the license plate back, but the techs threw them away. Nick Powell the sales guy promised me he'll send it and i just received a call from him today that he sent it. so thats pretty cool. even though I had already bought the car he still kept his word in sending me those plugs.

7- He even called me 2 days after to ask how the car was going after I had purchased it. (Nice showed they still cared)

so this is my great car buying experience.

so if anyone wants please try Ryan Open Road Acura (1041 Route 18 East Brunswick, NJ 08816) I had a great experience. after going to many dealers. this was by far the best customer service I received with fair prices.

the General Mangers name is John Cardoso (732)839-4213 (cool person)
the Sale Consultant was Nick Powell, he had alot of Patience and really gets things done, NO BS. so make sure you get him. his number is (732)-238-3030, he really take care of you. Hes honest. if he didnt know the answer to some questions he went to find out the answers. he even was going set up my blue tooth phone. to bad I forgot my phone at home. but he showed me how to do it set it up.

Some Negatives

1) they forgot to shine one tire and but Nick had it shined and some dirt removed with the quickness.

2) the only person I thought was kind of rude was the financing guy,he seemed to have been rushing me so I had to tell him straight up I dont buy a car everyday and he sorta slowed down. guess it was lunch time for him, but still thought he was kind of rude.

Over all great service from this dealer.

I just want to thank you all for keeping this site going. I think its great site that helps everyone share their thoughts and problems with their TL.

FYI - I purchased a 2006 WDP with Ebony interior, Auto with Nav and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. no problems so far, I really didnt drive it much but I did drive it home from NJ. The car only had 7 miles on it and I put about 70 miles going home following the nav system
Old 12-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Instructor

awesome color choice..... but all the way to jersey...... there is no way they would have been cheap enough for me to leave my own state. where did you go they wouldn't match it or come close? anyway....good luck
Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I, too, had bought my car in Jersey from our official sponsor. It was well worth it and congrats to you on your new baby! BTW, did you get MT or AT?
Old 12-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Instructor

I bought mine from Ryan Open Road in East Brunswich as well.

I negotiated mine on the internet and went in there and signed it. I also thought they would add stuff but didn't.

See with Ryan's they sell alot of cars. If you go in there on a Friday night, or Saturday like me, you have to wait in line for a salesman!

Also they don't come outside which I like. If I pull up and I am looking at cars I don't want to be bothered. If I need more info I will go inside.

Just a great dealership. I bought mine about 3 weeks ago.

Enjoy!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
E-Xtraordinare

Salesguys are awesome but their service fuckin sucks. They are so unworthy of that precision team award.

I've had them reported to Acura Client Services so many times for the kinda shit they try to pull on me and have actually succeeded in doing.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Thanks for sharing JTL, thats very similar to how my deal went down..
Old 12-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Instructor

What sucks about the service DaCeptakOn? I am curious to know what happened as I have yet to bring my car in!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by JTL__ACURA
After around 4 months of shopping around all the acura dealers in New York and surfing this site researching about the TL. I decided to do some shopping over the phone and through the internet to purchase a TL .

I received a call from Ryan Open Road Acura in NJ and the price they gave me for a 2006 TL with Nav was great. I will not disclose the price but it is comparable to most of the 3GTL Sign in prices (the lower prices) Hint Hint. but most of all I was really happy and pleased with their customer service.

In 4 days after signing a contract and putting a 500 deposit on the TL, they received the car and also abided by all the things I had put in the agreement. (Must have everything on paper for all you new car buyers)

I spent about 4-5 hrs going through the checklist they have on this site when buying a new car. AWESOME and very thorough checklist someone made. Thanks it was great help.

But I just want to share with you my experience with Ryan Open Road Acura.

1-Agreement on the phone was the same when I walked into the dealer to sign the contract.

2-The sales guy Nick Powell was very patient. I literally took his whole day going through the checklist from this site to inspect everything was in working condition. I even told him to go around and help others and if i needed help Id ask him, but he stayed the whole 4-5 hrs with me till i drove the car off the lot. alot of patience which i thought was great customer service.

3-delivery of the car was as stated everything in my agreement

4-And when I was about to purchase some touchup paint, (I didnt want to ask for it for free since I got such a great price for the car and since I took so much of the Nick's time) but he took the receipt out of my hand and took cared of the bill for me.

5-Everyone in the dealer was great. I look young actually I still consider myself young 25, but I have experienced dealers where they would push you off like you didnt have the money to purchase the TL. But everyone in this dealership treated me with the upmost respect. offered me coffee and the managers welcomed and shook my hand and thanked me after purchasing a vehicle from their dealership, thought it was nice.

6-I also wanted the white plug in for the license plate back, but the techs threw them away. Nick Powell the sales guy promised me he'll send it and i just received a call from him today that he sent it. so thats pretty cool. even though I had already bought the car he still kept his word in sending me those plugs.

7- He even called me 2 days after to ask how the car was going after I had purchased it. (Nice showed they still cared)

so this is my great car buying experience.

so if anyone wants please try Ryan Open Road Acura (1041 Route 18 East Brunswick, NJ 08816) I had a great experience. after going to many dealers. this was by far the best customer service I received with fair prices.

the General Mangers name is John Cardoso (732)839-4213 (cool person)
the Sale Consultant was Nick Powell, he had alot of Patience and really gets things done, NO BS. so make sure you get him. his number is (732)-238-3030, he really take care of you. Hes honest. if he didnt know the answer to some questions he went to find out the answers. he even was going set up my blue tooth phone. to bad I forgot my phone at home. but he showed me how to do it set it up.

Some Negatives

1) they forgot to shine one tire and but Nick had it shined and some dirt removed with the quickness.

2) the only person I thought was kind of rude was the financing guy,he seemed to have been rushing me so I had to tell him straight up I dont buy a car everyday and he sorta slowed down. guess it was lunch time for him, but still thought he was kind of rude.

Over all great service from this dealer.

I just want to thank you all for keeping this site going. I think its great site that helps everyone share their thoughts and problems with their TL.

FYI - I purchased a 2006 WDP with Ebony interior, Auto with Nav and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. no problems so far, I really didnt drive it much but I did drive it home from NJ. The car only had 7 miles on it and I put about 70 miles going home following the nav system

you are definitely in the minority. open road has a horrible reputation.. i had a bad experience with them..
Old 12-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Instructor

yup i agreee....
Old 12-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Racer

RYANS OPEN ROAD is the best acura dealership. I bought my TSX from there and i live in maryland. The salesman Paul Batista(mispelled) drove it to me and then i took him to the train station. All paperwork signed and deal closed in approx. 8 minutes. No lie. He had all the paper work done and ready. Just wanted to let you know my past experience. I went 2 hours of hell with my tl here in MD, paperwork out of place but did walk out with the price i wanted it for.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tfe691
RYANS OPEN ROAD is the best acura dealership. I bought my TSX from there and i live in maryland. The salesman Paul Batista(mispelled) drove it to me and then i took him to the train station. All paperwork signed and deal closed in approx. 8 minutes. No lie. He had all the paper work done and ready. Just wanted to let you know my past experience. I went 2 hours of hell with my tl here in MD, paperwork out of place but did walk out with the price i wanted it for.
of coarse the paper work took only 8 mins.... he wanted to get the hell out of there since he just drove and now has to take a train......he blew through the papers........how close are you to them btw?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:21 AM
AKR
Cruisin'

Nick Powell tried to ram a whole bunch of extra fees on my deal after quoting me what seemed to be a low price. Then he started playing games over the phones. I walked away and bought my 06 TL a month ago from Valley Stream.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
most dealers are nice when you are buying the car, it;s the service afterwards that sucks

i got my TL from Ryan's Open Road too, i haven't had to go for any service yet, but yeah they were super nice when i got the car
Old 12-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BayshoreAcuraNY
awesome color choice..... but all the way to jersey...... there is no way they would have been cheap enough for me to leave my own state. where did you go they wouldn't match it or come close? anyway....good luck
nope no where in NYC would match the price. thanks I really love the color white with black interior is awesome
Old 12-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mn2trance
I, too, had bought my car in Jersey from our official sponsor. It was well worth it and congrats to you on your new baby! BTW, did you get MT or AT?
MT or AT? was a tough question for me. but having been driving a AT. i had to go with a AT. i had a choice though. but went with the at since that was what I am more used to. Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AKR
Nick Powell tried to ram a whole bunch of extra fees on my deal after quoting me what seemed to be a low price. Then he started playing games over the phones. I walked away and bought my 06 TL a month ago from Valley Stream.
im sorry, you had a bad experience, I also had bad experience with other dealers. I guess when I went to this dealership I knew what to expect so they didnt play games with me. I had an awesome experience so far and I think Nick is a stand-up guy. He told me he would send the license plate plugs and he called me the other day to tell me their in the mail. he had alot of patience and didnt try to make money off other people while working with me and i really never asked him for help. he was just standing there patiently. so again sorry about your experience.
I also went to valley stream, they tried to ram extra money on me to. at valley stream they show you this BS card of invoice prices and say this is how much they get the car for, which I know is BS and then the salesman wanted an extra 500 for a trunk tray and wheel locks. tell me he has to make some money too.

so i guess we all get out bad experiences.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rbf351
most dealers are nice when you are buying the car, it;s the service afterwards that sucks

i got my TL from Ryan's Open Road too, i haven't had to go for any service yet, but yeah they were super nice when i got the car

i would like to go there for service, but it is kinda of far for a oil change. LOL/

but like i said they did call me afterwards to see how the car was and that I thought was nice.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:47 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
MT or AT? was a tough question for me. but having been driving a AT. i had to go with a AT. i had a choice though. but went with the at since that was what I am more used to. Thanks
Cool. After being in an AT for 3 years, it was nice to get back into an MT again.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Instructor

nope no where in NYC would match the price. thanks I really love the color white with black interior is awesome

no bady would even come with in 500 bucks? thats sounds odd to me......how much was the car if you don't mind me asking?

edit: they have to call you after the sale....... Acura's rules... the servey has a question on it... "did the dealership contact you after dealivery?" Y/N..... they are scored on it....
Old 12-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Racer

of coarse the paper work took only 8 mins.... he wanted to get the hell out of there since he just drove and now has to take a train......he blew through the papers........how close are you to them btw?
I really don't know how long of a drive because it took him over 3 hours because of traffic. I have never been to the dealership the whole thing was over the phone transaction. Because the dealship near me lied to me about when the car was coming in and said it wasn't available at any other dealerships near me. It was the artic blue with navi and 6spd when they first came out. It was his idea to drive down because I was just looking for one since my dealership near me obviously didn't like to do work. Then he called and said if i buy from them i wouldn't have to drive to them.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Instructor

I really don't know how long of a drive because it took him over 3 hours because of traffic. I have never been to the dealership the whole thing was over the phone transaction. Because the dealship near me lied to me about when the car was coming in and said it wasn't available at any other dealerships near me. It was the artic blue with navi and 6spd when they first came out. It was his idea to drive down because I was just looking for one since my dealership near me obviously didn't like to do work. Then he called and said if i buy from them i wouldn't have to drive to them.
Maybe they meant no dealer in your state.....maybe not. i guess your case is a little different since you never left your house; but some people (which boggles my mind) drive to other states to save 200 bucks.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Racer

Maybe they meant no dealer in your state.....maybe not. i guess your case is a little different since you never left your house; but some people (which boggles my mind) drive to other states to save 200 bucks.
No they meant MD, VA, WV, PA. And I said what about other stated beside that they claimed we will be willing to trade but we have checked. I said what about NJ, or NY and their response was again we have tried there but we could not find the one you are looking for in 6spd. So i went to acura.com and located dealers and called. I told them NJ had one and they said then they don't like to trade becasue of bad experiences with dealers up north.

So whatever my acura dealership sucks, the parts guys are complete assholes if they have to get up from their seat in their box. Their service is horrible most of the time except for the new manager and i only deal with him now.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Instructor

No they meant MD, VA, WV, PA. And I said what about other stated beside that they claimed we will be willing to trade but we have checked. I said what about NJ, or NY and their response was again we have tried there but we could not find the one you are looking for in 6spd. So i went to acura.com and located dealers and called. I told them NJ had one and they said then they don't like to trade becasue of bad experiences with dealers up north.

So whatever my acura dealership sucks, the parts guys are complete assholes if they have to get up from their seat in their box. Their service is horrible most of the time except for the new manager and i only deal with him now.
that sucks......most dealers won't trade with dealers that far away... they don't want a car with miles on it......hope the car makes up for the crappy service.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Intermediate

I too am getting ready to buy my first new acura, and was wondering if somebody could direct me to this checklist.....I want to make sure that I do everything right on my first new car purchase! Thanks guys!!