Sponsored by:

Looking to get used 2007..advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:06 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to get used 2007..advice

Hi,
New to the forum and love it. I'm looking to get a certified 2007 used TL with low miles. I found a few that have 20-22K miles and are asking 23,400. Looking at KBB says the value should be slightly lower. Just wondering if I could realisticallly pick up a similar car with the mileage for around 20K? I would love to get into an Acura but might be looking at Accords for less. Seems the Acura holds a very good value but hopefully with the slow economy I could get a great deal? Any input appreciated!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
The Acura Certified extends the power train warranty to 7yr 100K and some other benefits, but if you want a similar car for 20 grand no such luck. There are many cars for 20 grand, but you'll need to decide what you like or don't like about each when compared to a TL as no 2 cars will be equal. If price is a concern, drop back a year and look for an '06. Depending on your location and color choice there are CPO '06:
12K $19989
22K $20153
14k $20988
etc..........
Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
8th Gear

Thanks for the info Turbo,
So pretty much the dealers probably aren't willing to drop that low? I figured I could haggle a little bit lower than the asking price of 23K?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:35 AM
6th Gear

I just went through this. I spent a week staying up until about 2 or 3 everynight working on spreadsheets of every car on cars.com, autotrader and craiglist in the eastern half of the US. I really wanted an '07 (mirror signals, fog lights, interior update) for $21,500.

I was originally looking for certified, but then I learned that you can add an extended warranty anyway (there's another thread about this right now, with a lot of people recommending hondaacura.world.com). Once I knew that i could purchase the factory-backed warranty, it took away some of the urgency to find a CPO car.

After sending out more than 50 emails, I decided that $21,500 was not very realistic from the sources I was looking at (I didn't know about the AcuraZine classifieds at that point). I ended up getting a pristine 07 with 13,575 miles for $23,500 plus local taxes from a dealer in St. Louis.

I definitely paid some premium for my preferred color choice (either white or silver). If I just could have lived with Gold, I would have bought the car below, which is by far the best bargain out there:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

If I wanted white near my price range, I also had the dealer with the car below at $22,300 including tag and doc fee (but not taxes).

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Anwyay, those are just my experiences. Hope that provides some guideposts from a guy who went through this a couple weeks ago. If I had to do it all over again, I'd add all the cars for sale on the acura forums (of which AcuraZine is the best) to my search, looking for low milage cars I could extend the factory warranty on. Good luck!