Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long trip report

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long trip report

Just had an opportunity to take the TL on a long trip from MA to Philadelphia and back to visit the family. Round trip of 700 miles. Made the trip with the g/f and a car full of luggage (we left for a week in St Lucia from the Phila airport)

Hit a bunch of traffic on the way down in CT and NY which kept the true highway driving down a bit more than I would have liked, but I still averaged 28 MPG on the way down (and on one tank of gas). Traffic on the way back was much lighter and the whole trip averaged out to 29 MPG, so I figured I got about 30-31 MPG on the way back. Avg MPG from the trip computer for the whole trip was 59 MPH, but I was typically doing about 80 on the highway when it wasn't backed up. All in all I was real happy with the gas mileage I got on the trip.

The TL rode like a dream with the new Pilots I put on a few weeks ago. It was a blast driving on the Merritt Parkway in CT (nice winding highway with no cops since there's no place for them to camp out. Traffic tends to really move on this road because of it).

Used the NAV to get directions down to see what it would do. As expected, it wanted to take me on 95 most of the way down, which was totally out of the question. So it spent a lot of time recalculating :-). The funny part of this part of the story is that at one point in NJ it went to recalculate and came back with a big screen that said something to the effect of "No alternative routes found." I had to cancel the route and reenter it to get the NAV back on the road again.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should have done what the Navi told you. If you piss off the Navi, you'll soon have more rattles than you can shake a leg at.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:09 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TLGator
You should have done what the Navi told you. If you piss off the Navi, you'll soon have more rattles than you can shake a leg at.
O-$h!t... That explains everything.....

That definitely needs to be in the manual..

Old 05-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were getting a kick out of joking about how how we were pissing it off and that the navi was going to eventually give up and say something like "why the f--- did you even ask me how to get there"

Originally Posted by TLGator