Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOL moment @ acura dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I took in my car for some recall service work and my VSA light is on. The technician goes to move my car and says nice Type-s.. I looked at him and said seriously bro, you work for acura.. this isn't a type-s..

The service writer was also looking at it from the window and said wow thats one clean type-s

I looked at him and said it sure is clean but not a type-s

I had told the guy its a 04 TL 6 speed. Sometimes I wonder if people are listening to what your saying.

i saw you a week ago on anderson ave. I was impressed it looked better then anything i saw a while ago . Im just wondering where do u go to get you stuff done. If you could recommend any shop around here as i live very close by.

I love the comptech exhaust still thinking about it ....
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
you should let them think its a type S and get them to replace your motor with a 3.5
Old 06-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Being in the dealer loop, A lot of dealership personell consider Mt trannys pre the official TYPE S, as Type S's . DONT ASK ME WHY!!!! I DUNNO. I am just telling you.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 PM
3.2 VTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pnoi521
Are you talking about Acura of Las Vegas or the other new Acura place there?
If you go to Acura of LV for service you should go to Dave Ellis, he's pretty cool. We always went to him when my car was sitll in Vegas and he always took care of us.

Just be glad you dont have an Infiniti. One of the sales guys at Towbin Infiniti drove our G around for a week without us or the dealer knowing. Service there always sucked.
yea, i'm talking about Acura of LV...Dave Ellis used to be a salesman, apperantly he moved to service for a little bit, and now he's sales again...he 1/2 sold me my car back in 2006...yea he's cool and he'll take care of you, that's not the thing though, it's not a problem...we're just talking about their product knowledge in general.

about the infiniti dealer...wtf??? how did the salesman do that? why was your car in service for a week, and if it was in service for repairs how did he manage to drive it instead of it getting fixed? what happend when you found out? how did you find out? by mileage?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:20 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by RACINGHART03
Being in the dealer loop, A lot of dealership personell consider Mt trannys pre the official TYPE S, as Type S's . DONT ASK ME WHY!!!! I DUNNO. I am just telling you.
i kno right...and it's kinda true, the improvements over the automatic TL are big enough to be another trim level....but the fact is that even though it's a type-s in disguise...it's still not a type-s...
Old 06-15-2008, 11:23 PM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by phee
you should let them think its a type S and get them to replace your motor with a 3.5
lol...all he has to do is somehow blow his motor under warranty...then they'll automatically order a TL-S motor and put it on there...that'll be an awesome mistake, you go pick up your car from the dealer, look under the hood, and it's a 286hp 3.5L monster in there...hahahaha. (i wudn't say anything to the dealer lol)
Old 06-15-2008, 11:31 PM
WDP FTW

lol at noobs
Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by vincethe1
yea, i'm talking about Acura of LV...Dave Ellis used to be a salesman, apperantly he moved to service for a little bit, and now he's sales again...he 1/2 sold me my car back in 2006...yea he's cool and he'll take care of you, that's not the thing though, it's not a problem...we're just talking about their product knowledge in general.

about the infiniti dealer...wtf??? how did the salesman do that? why was your car in service for a week, and if it was in service for repairs how did he manage to drive it instead of it getting fixed? what happend when you found out? how did you find out? by mileage?
Yeah he was a salesman when we bought our car in August 2006 too. I didint know that he's back in sales again.

And when we bought our G coupe in 2004 there was a scratch or something on it and the salesman drove a loaner to our house and picked up our car. my dad didnt hear from them for a week so he drove to Towbin and asked what was up, and they were shocked to hear that we had one of their cars cause they had no clue, they also had no knowledge of the salesman having our car either.
Thats so sketchy.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by pnoi521
Yeah he was a salesman when we bought our car in August 2006 too. I didint know that he's back in sales again.

And when we bought our G coupe in 2004 there was a scratch or something on it and the salesman drove a loaner to our house and picked up our car. my dad didnt hear from them for a week so he drove to Towbin and asked what was up, and they were shocked to hear that we had one of their cars cause they had no clue, they also had no knowledge of the salesman having our car either.
Thats so sketchy.
woow...that's crazy. ppl need to pay more attention to their shit, how can the dealer have a missing loaner for a week and not know about it ....somebody could of stolen one and they wouldn't know until it's been through the chop shop...

anyways do you know what happend to that salesman? also did he even fix the scratch on your car or just drove it?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by vincethe1
woow...that's crazy. ppl need to pay more attention to their shit, how can the dealer have a missing loaner for a week and not know about it ....somebody could of stolen one and they wouldn't know until it's been through the chop shop...

anyways do you know what happend to that salesman? also did he even fix the scratch on your car or just drove it?
Yeahhh it was NOT an LOL moment @ infiniti dealer
Uhm as far as I know he didnt get it fixed, he was just driving it around pretending it was his. Guess he figured since it was a new model and it was black on chrome 20s he could be a fake baller for a week. He was fired and we were taken care of.
Towbin Infiniti seems careless. One time when we were looking to buy a new G there I found a key to a brand new G sedan in the cupholder of a G coupe. If I was a theif i wouldve went and found the car since it had the tag on it saying which one it was.
BTW he was fired.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Advanced

hahaha,
that's funny.
i guess he did not look at the muffler.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:55 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by BukvaMan
i saw you a week ago on anderson ave. I was impressed it looked better then anything i saw a while ago . Im just wondering where do u go to get you stuff done. If you could recommend any shop around here as i live very close by.

I love the comptech exhaust still thinking about it ....

Thank you! I do most of the work myself

You should join TSV,

www..com
Old 06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Just got my car back

Little did the dealership know that i scanned the ABS part of the car and Knew it was A code 81.

It turned out to be my brake light switch located on the pedal. Warranty still valid.

Recall work done was AMazing and quick.