Lojack or Force Tracker device?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003 | 12:31 PM
Outta my way!!

Question Lojack or Force Tracker device?

Does anyone know where I can get more info on Force Tracker anti -theft device. A dealer told me that it is suppose to be better then Lojack 'cuz it is supported all over the country (unlike Lojack spotty coverage) and you can transfer this device to another car if you want to. The installation was quoted $995.

Does it make sence to go with it or the good-ol' Lojack ?
Old 12-13-2003 | 04:44 PM
Instructor

your key has a chip on it, can't be started w/o key, only way to steal is flat bed, I would not get either.
Old 12-13-2003 | 07:03 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Hard to hear anyone install Tracker System... is it from Europe?

It's difficult to say the vehicle with immobilizer-installed would be steal-free. Someone said the professional hot-wired method could break it. Don't know and need to figure this out... Of course, the flat-bed truck or tow truck could move your car, too.

If this is really so perfect, why are there ppl still losing cars everyday? Besides keeping eyes on your car each minute, there seems to be no easy way to keep the car safe.

However, any additional devices with radio signal or GPS signal would help you to recover your vehicle if unfortunately stolen. No matter what decisions you like to make after getting back the stolen car, these device at least can enhance your chance to find the car, perhaps it can find your car before thieves start doing anything.

Also, the club or pedal lock would help prevent some teenagers joyriding or non-professional thieves thinking of your car. At least, those physical locks would help keep your window intact if you live in somewhere dangerous.
Old 12-14-2003 | 12:33 AM
Pro

Originally posted by rets
Also, the club or pedal lock would help prevent some teenagers joyriding or non-professional thieves thinking of your car. At least, those physical locks would help keep your window intact if you live in somewhere dangerous.
I have the club.. I dont know why.. I only use it when gone for a lomng ti,e or in a bahd neighborhood.

But since it isn't 1977, I dont think it is THAT easy for some teenagers to hot wire the car and go JOY riding!!