Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

-Light Question- for Modificationists

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:28 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
-Light Question- for Modificationists

I know, should search first, then type, but I've searched, and most of these issues are not resolved by reading other people's problems. So here goes...

I am looking to change all of my stock(standard) lights from yellow to white / blue.

-The housing for the license plate lights in the back are kind of small, and I was wondering whether I could fit a 921xWhite LED into that... probably would be a tight fit, plus... would I need reflectors with the LED? They are directed towards the back, and not down...the standard bulbs are obviously not directional...

-Back up lights, I havn't messed around with these yet, but are these like tail/head lights? Would I have to cut the plastic to get into the bulb?
When I get some time, I'll remove everything under the trunk and check it out, but for now... I havn't done any kind of research to those yet.

-Visor lights, I've tried with a lot of failure to get these suckers out.... pried and pried, won't budge... it seems to be scratching the metal above the plastic, and now it's very loose... and we all know we don't want loose
Back to the topic, would 921xLED's fit in here also?

-I am planning a mass order from SuperBrightLEDS.com, and I want to know all the specs before I start purchasing bulbs I may not need. ($5.00 shipping is what inspired me to just order them all at once-I am doing lights for a few cars, Lexus IS300, Civic SI, Evo VIII, Mustang GT, TL) --Wondering if he could get a discount for ordering a lot--

-I've read a lot of threads here about DYI's, and quite frankly, I am afraid to do some of these. I love my car to death, and I would not do any of the cutting you guys have been doing; I am too afraid to hurt my car.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 AM
05 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you dont want to hurt your car, but you pried on the visor lights?

Honestly those suck really really hard. You have to get your tiniest screw driver and shove it in there. Harder then I like doing. The only thing that sucks more, is the metal strips along the center console.

I dont want to seem like a jerk, but there are quite a few threads on LEDs, Backup lights, and one of my personal favorites, Cold cathode tubes...

You have to take the trunk lining out to get to the backup lights... and the license plate lights.

Note about Superbrightleds. They burn out, and are overpriced. If you are going to get a handful of LEDs get the 1 Watt LEDS..

I recently posted on a thread that a guy got all his LEDs off of ebay.