3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's do a group buy on something.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:53 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is there a group buy for tail light and rearside light marker combo??
Old 01-18-2007, 07:55 PM
EBAYGEEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What 07 color, is the closets to the 06 Anthracite
Old 01-18-2007, 11:05 PM
'06 NBP TL 6spd

are there any special rules for the GB? Or just buy from that link as usual?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Cruisin'

Just Bought TL-S Spoiler

Just got the spoiler with the GB price. What a deal! I also picked up a set of all-weather floor mats for my '04. Is it just me, or do the stock floor mats really suck for the TL?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Instructor

07 TL-S tail lights here!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
datmrman,

are you replacing the lip spoiler? or are you installing the TL-S lip fresh?
It will be a fresh install. My car is pretty much stock.. at least on the outside.
<---------

As for everyone asking about the group buy. Since there was enough interest for certain products, Tim has already started the group buy at HondAcuraWorld.com. Simply go to the site, look for the Acurazine group buy logo (which indicates it has a group buy price), and purchase to your heart's desire. Not all items were included in the group buy, but a majority of them are.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:41 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by lindsaydyan
I have a question about the iPod Music Link... I KNOW most people think it sucks, but I was wondering how hard it was to install?? My dealership wants to charge me $250 to do it and for that much, I don't think it's worth it. I tried out my ipod using the tape that goes into the stereo, but I think the sound quality really sucks!

Just bought the TL-S Spoiler! Thanks, Tim!!
try getting an FM Transmitter, with a good 1 with a frequency that does not interfere with any other, it should have near cd quality..
Old 01-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by IIIII
Is tracking info being sent to people who have bought from HAW?
Yep. I checked as of this morning, and there are no backorders on any part that anyone has ordered thus far on GB. And, I managed to predict stock accurately enough that nobody's going to be waiting for their parts

Now, our stock orders are placed Thursdays and arrive in the following Monday/Tues.

Here's the accurate 411 on the decklid spoilers

NBP - Some releasing out of Windsor Locks (to arrive Mon), some arriving from Loudon TN (arriving Wed)

WDP - coming out of Troy OH (to arrive Tuesday)

When orders ship, we'll be sending out tracking info that day around 5 PM EST. All orders will be shipped via FedEx ground.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered Slacker

Cool

Originally Posted by vincethe1
try getting an FM Transmitter, with a good 1 with a frequency that does not interfere with any other, it should have near cd quality..

Please tell me you're kidding... I am hoping I missed your sarcasm there, because the FM modulator sounds like you are listening to your music through a pile of dirty wet socks.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by stepp
Please tell me you're kidding... I am hoping I missed your sarcasm there, because the FM modulator sounds like you are listening to your music through a pile of dirty wet socks.
Yeah I heard the sound quality on FM transmitters are bad, too!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Advanced

Also, what kind of hardware do I need for the deck lid spoiler?? I notice that the HAW.com website says it doesn't include hardware. I won't be able to install it myself, so I have to get my boyfriend to do it and he doesn't want to tape it.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the gb! Big thumbs up!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Black Mamba

Ok, just to get this straight. The TL-S Lip Spoiler is the deck lid spoiler right? I'm kind of confused...
Old 01-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by WiLLrOx
Ok, just to get this straight. The TL-S Lip Spoiler is the deck lid spoiler right? I'm kind of confused...
Yes, they are the same.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hondacuraworld
Yep. I checked as of this morning, and there are no backorders on any part that anyone has ordered thus far on GB. And, I managed to predict stock accurately enough that nobody's going to be waiting for their parts

Now, our stock orders are placed Thursdays and arrive in the following Monday/Tues.

Here's the accurate 411 on the decklid spoilers

NBP - Some releasing out of Windsor Locks (to arrive Mon), some arriving from Loudon TN (arriving Wed)

WDP - coming out of Troy OH (to arrive Tuesday)

When orders ship, we'll be sending out tracking info that day around 5 PM EST. All orders will be shipped via FedEx ground.

Hey Tim,

I ordered the decklid spoiler and carbon fiber console trim piece yesterday got the confirmation to my email adress but i still have not received any tracking info. Do you have a number that i can reach you at?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
03 TLS -> 06 Anth Navi MT

How does Acura of Las Vegas offer just the A-Spec suspension? Enough wheel buyers?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IIIII
Hey Tim,

I ordered the decklid spoiler and carbon fiber console trim piece yesterday got the confirmation to my email adress but i still have not received any tracking info. Do you have a number that i can reach you at?
You haven't received the tracking info yet for 2 reasons.....

1. It hasn't been shipped yet. You quoted the post where I'd explained when things would ship, so.....

2. If I had it in stock, since you ordered it yesterday, there hasn't been enough time elapsed since then for the tracking number to reach you. Tracking numbers are emailed out at the close of our shipping day every day, around 5 PM EST.

We're not the Acme corporation, but we try
Old 01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ragin
How does Acura of Las Vegas offer just the A-Spec suspension? Enough wheel buyers?
Pretty much. Wheels are a popular thing for sales departments to add to a car as a stand-alone because the labor involved isn't great, and they can put a car down the road at a fraction of the cost of the full monte.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Instructor

You haven't received the tracking info yet for 2 reasons.....

1. It hasn't been shipped yet. You quoted the post where I'd explained when things would ship, so.....

2. If I had it in stock, since you ordered it yesterday, there hasn't been enough time elapsed since then for the tracking number to reach you. Tracking numbers are emailed out at the close of our shipping day every day, around 5 PM EST.

We're not the Acme corporation, but we try

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Instructor

Hey,

I was wondering if you sell the Passenger side mirror for the 06 tl, i scratch mine and was hoping to get a replacement soon. Color of my car is nighthawk black.

As well i was wondering if you can help me in obtaining a rear bumper as well cause i scratch that as well.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Sure. For parts quotes, email me at hondacuraworld@aol.com
Old 01-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ragin

Pretty much. Wheels are a popular thing for sales departments to add to a car as a stand-alone because the labor involved isn't great, and they can put a car down the road at a fraction of the cost of the full monte.
To add to that, almost everyone in Vegas has rims on their cars. My parents just moved there about a year ago, and when i go back, i have such a good time laughing at some of the cars that are ridin on rims. They literally put them on everything (i.e. Camrys, SUVs, sedans, MINIVANS!). So...i wouldn't be surprised if Acura of Las Vegas only has suspension and no wheels.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lindsaydyan
Also, what kind of hardware do I need for the deck lid spoiler?? I notice that the HAW.com website says it doesn't include hardware. I won't be able to install it myself, so I have to get my boyfriend to do it and he doesn't want to tape it.
No one ever answered my question.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Safety Car

No templates are included, but the screws are. Instructions maybe found online (either on here or hondacuraworld.com).

Crook just installed his with double sided tape. Looks very good to me. Click me for details.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by datmrman
No templates are included, but the screws are. Instructions maybe found online (either on here or hondacuraworld.com).

Crook just installed his with double sided tape. Looks very good to me. Click me for details.
Thank you!! Has anyone ever had any problems (or heard about problems) with the tape coming off??
Old 01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Safety Car

3M double sided is very strong stuff. If you prep the paint well before you perform the install, it should last forever.

Our badges and body side moldings are held by just double sided tape. Please perform a search for other threads on double sided tape.

Lets keep this thread clean for the group buy. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:48 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

sweet, don't have to drill the trunk...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:37 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Tim, A-Spec center caps with the chrome A emblem, to replace the ugly plastic stockers would be a nice as a mod to the OEM rims. The chrome crest really kicks it up a notch. Do you have any available ? GB anyone ?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:45 PM
3.2 VTEC

hmmm, well i've heard one used b4, and it wasn't bad....like when someone installs aftermarket XM radio, the device catches XM then sends it to FM so your car can catch it....and i havn't heard any1 complain of that yet...it's even better than listening than normal FM radio because the transmitter is in your car, not on some tower miles away.......in any rate, many people use that for aftermarket XMs and cd changers in the trunk with stock head units...(mainly in older cars)...but i gotta say it's DEFENATLY better than putting in a tape adaptopr, now that's really bad.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Originally Posted by triggle
Tim, A-Spec center caps with the chrome A emblem, to replace the ugly plastic stockers would be a nice as a mod to the OEM rims. The chrome crest really kicks it up a notch. Do you have any available ? GB anyone ?

Hummmm, I'd be interested in that one if the blend well with the stock wheels
Old 01-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Slacker

Originally Posted by vincethe1
hmmm, well i've heard one used b4, and it wasn't bad....like when someone installs aftermarket XM radio, the device catches XM then sends it to FM so your car can catch it....and i havn't heard any1 complain of that yet...it's even better than listening than normal FM radio because the transmitter is in your car, not on some tower miles away.......in any rate, many people use that for aftermarket XMs and cd changers in the trunk with stock head units...(mainly in older cars)...but i gotta say it's DEFENATLY better than putting in a tape adaptopr, now that's really bad.

It's actually not better. 1 watt vs. 100,000? The FM modulators are not very popular with most users unless it's the only thing they've ever used, or the market they're in isn't flooded with radio stations. I ditched my iTrip for a Monster adapter. Neither was any good. Hardwired is the way to go!

BTW.... The tape adapter is an actual contact with the stereo and usually DOES give a better signal than an FM modulator. I can't explain the science, but as someone that works with audio as a career, I can tell you first hand.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Safety Car

Nothing beats a hardwired solution. See this thread for some popular options: 3G TL Audio & Electronics FAQ
Old 01-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by triggle
I'd be interested also if the price is right!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Originally Posted by SteveP66
Hummmm, I'd be interested in that one if the blend well with the stock wheels
As far as I can tell they have a metal cup and emblem. Looks good on any wheels especially the chromed/polished OEMs. And no, it is not on a red background that is a plastic peel and stick backing.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Looks cool ......... man ~ o ~man I love those metal things the tires are mounted on ......

I won't even mention the word.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Intermediate

does anyone have bigger pics of the CF style front console trim?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SteveP66
Looks cool ......... man ~ o ~man I love those metal things the tires are mounted on ......

I won't even mention the word.
Hahaha. Me too!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:15 AM
3.2 VTEC

It's actually not better. 1 watt vs. 100,000? The FM modulators are not very popular with most users unless it's the only thing they've ever used, or the market they're in isn't flooded with radio stations. I ditched my iTrip for a Monster adapter. Neither was any good. Hardwired is the way to go!

BTW.... The tape adapter is an actual contact with the stereo and usually DOES give a better signal than an FM modulator. I can't explain the science, but as someone that works with audio as a career, I can tell you first hand.
the thing with the tapes is that theheads don't match very good all the time inside the player, so you have to move the tape around in order to get the best signal, otherwise it's muffled and poor dynamics....as far as the fm transmitters, i know that hardwire is best ofcourse, but mabe you used a frequency that was interfering with some other station, or your car didn't catch good fm signal from it's antenna, cuz it sounds like regualr FM radio, and that is fine for most people, it's like listning to a radio station, come on, it's nowhere nearly as bad as you discribe....infact it's better than straight up mp3s sometimes if the radio station is playing hih quality cds in the studio.....becase an mp3 file is compressed and it'slacking the dynamics of the actual recording, if you look at it on a graph, it destorts the highs and lows....but for most ppl. that's fine including myself, and it's barely noticable in most parts....now ofcourse if your source is an mp3 player, then ofcourse it's gonna be even a little worse than straight up mp3, but again, for the most part if you have a good setp it's fine....i'm sure u're not gonna go to bet buy and bay 100s of $$ to get an XM Radio installed and have shitty sounding sound....and they are all FM Transmitted, i think you just need to find a good FM Transmitter, i have a cheap Belkin $20 1 and i know what u mean, it sucks, but there are better ones...i think they have or are gonna have HD Radio Transmitters too.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:16 AM
3.2 VTEC

btw, what do you mean by 1 watt vs. 100,000???
Old 01-20-2007, 07:20 AM
3.2 VTEC

also, the 2 heads do come in contact in the player, and that's when it's ok, but when they miss by a little cuz they always ove raound the sound meese up , and they still suck at quality cuz the sender head is weak, it has no power other than the signal and tapes mak more static noise than FM usually.

and who wud want that tape in there with the cable sticking out making the whole interior look like shit, you can integrate a fm transmitter in your trunk right where the antenna is so it catches signal good, and it's out of your way...

you can't always hardwire everything, how would you do it in the TL without runining the interior and putting in an aftermarked head unit??

Quick Reply: Let's do a group buy on something.......