Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon law guide update

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lemon law guide update

For my 1000th post, I decided to do something besides write a review of the car or something like that.

You may have read my lemon law story - and my suggestions for people who are going that route (www.acurakid.com) - I decided I would scan in all the documentation from my lemon law case. I believe I covered up all the sensative information (such as names, vin #, account numbers, etc).

The idea behind this is so anybody who goes this route will have some idea as to what the letters were like when I sent them (and in hindsight I wish I had reread them a couple more times, as you will likely see several blaring errors which if fixed would have made me sound more professional). You can get an idea of all the documents from the BBB, what the decisions are like - the type of response you will get from the manufacturer (I love the last letter from Infiniti which says "there is no abnormal leaking" so leaking inside the car is normal!?)

There is a zip file to download all the scanned images, or you can click on each link to view them seperately.

I also added the fax thing, www.ureach.com if you dont have a reliable fax machine. You pay like $6 a month and a few cents per page you rcv - but they email you the faxes (instant) - works rather well - especially for me as sometimes my fax machine didnt want to answer.

http://www.acurakid.com/blank.html
Old 01-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vik -

After my victory, I can now read your guide and smile. You did an excellent job in showing people exactly how the BBB lemon law process unfolds. I didn't send any rebuttals to Acura's statements, I should of because they didn't match the facts in the case. I was hoping that the arbitrator would see thru that. Which he did.

I'd highly suggest anyone thinking about Lemon Law spend time understanding your state's laws. You don't necessarly need a lawer (I didn't) but really understand what is required of you to show that the car is a lemon. Californian's look up Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, Cal Civ Code 1793.22, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (federal), UCC and Lundy vs Ford (ford won because the consumer failed to show substantiality of the defects). Review the BBB site for your state. Chances of winning just because you had a bunch of fit & finish problems are not great - that is why you should understand how you are covered.

Good luck with your TL . . .
Old 01-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear this. Sftroy - if you don't mind, can I copy & paste this response onto the web site..... I think people are more comfortable with the process if they hear it from more than one person.