AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   LED Lights (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/led-lights-924394/)

314_04TL 01-13-2015 03:06 PM

LED Lights

I have searched through several threads and came across a few that talked about LED headlights/fog lights etc. Besides Ebay and Super Bright Led's can anyone recommend a site that sells Quality LED Lights? Looking to do both interior and exterior lights. Any information would be much appreciated

polobunny 01-13-2015 03:07 PM

superbrightleds.com is a great resources for LEDs. If you don't find something you want there, it might not exist.

314_04TL 01-13-2015 03:10 PM

I figured that was going to be the case. I actually live less than 10 minutes away from their headquarters here in St Louis. The only thing that I don't like is how expensive they are. But I guess you get what you pay for. Thank you:thumbsup:

KJ TL-S 01-13-2015 03:25 PM

High Performance LED Car Lighting, Light Bulbs, LED Headlights, Taillights, Turn Signals, and Brake Lights as well

polobunny 01-13-2015 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 314_04TL (Post 15297637)
I figured that was going to be the case. I actually live less than 10 minutes away from their headquarters here in St Louis. The only thing that I don't like is how expensive they are. But I guess you get what you pay for. Thank you:thumbsup:

Good LEDs don't come cheap. Sure you can also pop in some cheap eBay ones and they'll illuminate decently enough, last who knows how long and be of maybe mismatching color too. Heck I got cheap ones for the license plate and that's all fine, but for the interior I'd rather go the extra mile.

314_04TL 01-13-2015 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15297682)
Good LEDs don't come cheap. Sure you can also pop in some cheap eBay ones and they'll illuminate decently enough, last who knows how long and be of maybe mismatching color too. Heck I got cheap ones for the license plate and that's all fine, but for the interior I'd rather go the extra mile.

I actually don't mind spending the money I just want to know what im buying is quality you know? They sell 7 piece 9 piece ext packages deals for interior lights on Ebay for like $10.

EddieOnAZ 01-13-2015 04:16 PM

The only thing is I heard v-leds and such just rebrand cheap Chinese LEDs. I don't know if that's true but if it is then why pay those high prices for the same junk?

I often hear people talk about "quality" products failing so I can't help but wonder if there really is a difference. I bought a 10-pack of t10 10smd towers for 8$. OK yeah 2 went out within 2 months but I bought another 10 pack as backups. So 20 bulbs for 16$.

I don't know what's better tbh. I just have a feeling these companies make huge profits off of their bulbs.

WDPanda 01-13-2015 04:22 PM

For your reverse bulbs, I highly suggest you go for the biggest and baddest one.
t10 socket with a cree projector and multiple 5050 SMD leds on the side. Ebay has.
1 cree projector with 20+ 5050 SMDs

guitarplayer16 01-13-2015 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by EddieOnAZ (Post 15297736)
The only thing is I heard v-leds and such just rebrand cheap Chinese LEDs. I don't know if that's true but if it is then why pay those high prices for the same junk?

I often hear people talk about "quality" products failing so I can't help but wonder if there really is a difference. I bought a 10-pack of t10 10smd towers for 8$. OK yeah 2 went out within 2 months but I bought another 10 pack as backups. So 20 bulbs for 16$.

I don't know what's better tbh. I just have a feeling these companies make huge profits off of their bulbs.

From what I know, VLEDs aren't apart of those shops that rebrand cheap LEDs. Otherwise I'd be looking for a cheaper V3 Triton LED lol

I know for certain that JLC Lighting does and iJDMToy does, though.

314_04TL 01-13-2015 04:47 PM

I can understand that most of this stuff is mass produced overseas. You can usually tell the quality stuff from the cheap shit right off the bat. I have figured that I will end up spending a few hundred on everything all together

Drei 01-13-2015 06:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Avoid VLED's as they are a ripoff
Don't overspend at superbrightleds either

Learn from me, I've been through the cheap and good stuff over at eBay

Back up LED's:

If you want quality back up LED's, buy em from dt-autotech on eBay

AVOID dealclick on eBay

Here are a couple of pictures for a comparison:

dt-autotech on the left and dealclick on the right

Attachment 73389

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps943570d7.jpg

As for the construction of both, the dt-autotech's felt heavier with a sturdy lens when compared to the dealclick's as they are shorter in length, have a flimsy lens and lighter in weight.

Here are the output differences

This time, dealclick on the left and dt-autotech on the right:

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps69543d03.jpg

Big difference!

Here's how the dt-autotech's look at daylight

Attachment 73390

Now for LED License plate LED's:

I've been through the cheap 5 LED ones from eBay and the ones superbrightleds sell. After asking a couple of members here, I came to the conclusion that the only LED powerful/bright enough is the T10 CREE LED

The ones I bought are from bluerampin on eBay

These are the ones: 2X High Power CREE LED Projector Bulb T10 168 194 921 Parking Backup Light White | eBay

!!NOTE!!

These are a bit longer, although they plug in fine, because they are longer, they will not allow the gray clips to properly clip in, has not been a problem for me but just keep this in mind

As for the output, well, it's insane, especially at night

I don't have a picture of my TL but guitarplayer16's license plate LED's provide an actual representation, you will get that sharp line on the ground

Attachment 73391

Interior wedge LED's:

xbrightsidex on Ebay

Foglight LED's for 04-06 TL's:

I recently bought these:

2X Bright White 9006 Car Fog Lights Running Light DRL Samsung SMD HB4 LED Bulbs | eBay

If you want a different color other than white, I wouldn't go above 15W

Hope this helps out :thumbsup:

314_04TL 01-13-2015 06:46 PM

Drei Thank you very much that was a big help. I appreciate this very much. This will get me started and for a lot less than I had originally anticipated:thumbsup:

EddieOnAZ 01-13-2015 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Drei (Post 15297876)

Back up LED's:

AVOID dealclick on eBay

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps508b7834.jpg

As for the construction of both, the dt-autotech's felt heavier with a sturdy lens when compared to the dealclick's as they are shorter in length, have a flimsy lens and lighter in weight.

Big difference!

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...psf3c7a5a1.png

I've been through the cheap 5 LED ones from eBay and the ones superbrightleds sell. After asking a couple of members here, I came to the conclusion that the only LED powerful/bright enough is the T10 CREE LED

These are the ones: 2X High Power CREE LED Projector Bulb T10 168 194 921 Parking Backup Light White | eBay

!!NOTE!!

These are a bit longer, although they plug in fine, because they are longer, they will not allow the gray clips to properly clip in, has not been a problem for me but just keep this in mind

I don't have a picture of my TL but guitarplayer16's license plate LED's provide an actual representation, you will get that sharp line on the ground

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1850493.jpg

Interior wedge LED's:

xbrightsidex on Ebay

I recently bought these:

2X Bright White 9006 Car Fog Lights Running Light DRL Samsung SMD HB4 LED Bulbs | eBay

Hey man! Nice info you have there! For the interior wedge ones, you're telling us that those tiny 1led are as bright as they show in the pictures in their e-bay listing? If that's the case believe me I'm buying them in a heartbeat. My 10 led towers don't even come close to that.

Also, http://m.ebay.com/itm/331088794988?cmd=VIDESC are those your reverse bulbs? They do look pretty good.

Gnargasim 01-13-2015 09:16 PM

I have used both VLeds and Superbrightleds

I highly recommend superbrightleds and would never ever in a thousand years use vleds, I got their product (H8 3000K HID fogs) and it was a total debacle with customer service and repeatedly sent me the wrong product until I finally gave up (3-4 times)

superbrightleds has good products, never had a single problem with them and the vehicle bulb finder is pretty good. I have used them for the map lights, door lights, and license plate lights. Never had a single problem with them. Each bulb ran me about 6-7 bucks but they are more than likely to never burn out, not a bad deal.

Cant speak for the running lights because personally I like the traditional halogen light look with the the headlights off.

vietxquangstah 01-13-2015 09:58 PM

Very surprised by the number of people that have negative things to say about Vleds.

I've been using them since 2011 and have ordered things from them regularly in the last 4 years.

Currently using their
red rear turn signals (3 years)
Triton v3 switchbacks (1+ year)
reverse lights (1+ year, had their previous version for 1+ year also )
interior (been using different versions since 2011),
license lights (been using different versions since 2011)
daytime running lights (1+ years)
5k white led strips for footwell lighting (2 years)

They are one of the few places that sell leds and clearly label them 5K or 6K.

I hate 6K. Can't stand the bluish white color. Some even look slightly purple. I like 5k white which Vleds offers. I have 5k everything. Errythang

bla8291 01-14-2015 06:02 AM

People don't understand that it takes time and effort to make quality bulbs with proper heat management.

5 Acuras 01-14-2015 07:30 AM

Try Sylvania LEDriving bulbs for your license plate lights, expensive but well worth it.

314_04TL 01-14-2015 08:26 AM

I like all of the feedback that this has received. Honestly people are going to have different experiences with all these products good or bad.

Cheval 01-14-2015 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Drei (Post 15297876)

Back up LED's:

AVOID dealclick on eBay

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps508b7834.jpg

Big difference!

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...psf3c7a5a1.png

!!NOTE!!

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1850493.jpg

Interior wedge LED's:

xbrightsidex on Ebay

I recently bought these:

Which exact ones are you using for your backup lights? Several I'm looking at from dt-autotech mention they don't fit the Accord so wonder if they'd fit for us? I assume so if they're T10 but I've ordered wrong LEDs in the past. :tomato: It looks like the one you're using is this one: 2X 1200 Lumens High Power Chip LED White Backup Reverse Light Bulbs Projector | eBay

One of your previous postings it looks like you were using that one for your license plate lights but now you're recommending the CREE from bluerampin?

I've spent so much $ on LEDs :whyme: I'd almost just prefer to get the 4 from dt-autotech and get the 10% discount and be done with it if they're 1200lm each.

Flyer92 01-14-2015 06:48 PM

I'm new to the using LEDs. I'm going swap out my license plate bulbs with the Cree LEDs. Will report how they work out. On a separate note, I noticed VLEDs is running a 10% discount for January.

paperboy42190 01-14-2015 09:22 PM

diodedynamics has some pretty good stuff

CrazyEights 01-14-2015 09:37 PM

I got my reverse lights from eBay, the link to the ones I bought are on the first page of the thread. The Cree XB-D's should be a lot brighter than the Samsun 2323's

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...-915983/page2/

I have V3 Triton Switchbacks out front and they are great.

I'll be putting these in my upper fogs here soon. Two year warranty and they're form an Azine vendor, pretty much makes it a slam dunk.

Morimoto XB LED headlight bulbs CREE

314_04TL 01-14-2015 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyEights (Post 15299458)
I got my reverse lights from eBay, the link to the ones I bought are on the first page of the thread. The Cree XB-D's should be a lot brighter than the Samsun 2323's

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...-915983/page2/

I have V3 Triton Switchbacks out front and they are great.

I'll be putting these in my upper fogs here soon. Two year warranty and they're form an Azine vendor, pretty much makes it a slam dunk.

Morimoto XB LED headlight bulbs CREE

Man those reverse lights are phenomenal. For the money the fog light would be worth it because of the 2 yr warranty

grizzlysamra 01-15-2015 02:02 AM

For interior LED's, the wal-mart in my area sells an interior kit that is pretty bright. That is what I currently have on my car. Don't remember the exact price since its been a year but it was fairly reasonable

vietxquangstah 01-15-2015 06:09 AM

Typically I'm against buying eBay and Amazon 194 bulbs because I have the stigma that the reason they are sold in groups of 10 led bulbs or more for $5-$15 is because they are cheap quality (not very bright and gives off a bluish-purplish white light)

Well I went ahead and ordered these in 20 pcs to try it out to sell to my Co workers

Will let you guys know how they turn out. 20 pcs for less than $15. I'm skeptical and expecting poor color output as well as light output.

In the past I only used Vleds 194 bulbs and led board panels on eBay sold by snb and they are very bright. Will let you guys know how these compare. My Co workers aren't ocd as much as me so they'll buy them regardless lol

Flyer92 01-15-2015 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah (Post 15299625)
Typically I'm against buying eBay and Amazon 194 bulbs because I have the stigma that the reason they are sold in groups of 10 led bulbs or more for $5-$15 is because they are cheap quality (not very bright and gives off a bluish-purplish white light)

Well I went ahead and ordered these in 20 pcs to try it out to sell to my Co workers

Amazon.com: OnlyŽ Newest, 4th Generation, 10pcs, 2015, W5w 194 168 2825 T10 Wedge 5-smd 5050 White High Power Car Lights Bulb,brighter,green Energy, Lower Heat, Eco-friendly,better Quality,longer Life (1 package - 10pcs): Automotive

Will let you guys know how they turn out. 20 pcs for less than $15. I'm skeptical and expecting poor color output as well as light output.

In the past I only used Vleds 194 bulbs and led board panels on eBay sold by snb and they are very bright. Will let you guys know how these compare. My Co workers aren't ocd as much as me so they'll buy them regardless lol

I share the same sentiment as you regarding Ebay LEDs but after reading Drei's post on LED recommendations I decided to give his recommended EBay vendor a go. I ordered these last night. 2X High Power CREE LED Projector Bulb T10 168 194 921 Parking Backup Light White | eBay

The same vendor had them on auction for $13.80 incl free shipping. Must say I'm looking forward to trying them out. Had originally planned to go the VLED route.

314_04TL 01-15-2015 09:03 AM

The same vendor had them on auction for $13.80 incl free shipping. Must say I'm looking forward to trying them out. Had originally planned to go the VLED route.[/QUOTE]

I just got paid today so I will have to get on that deal

EddieOnAZ 01-15-2015 09:06 AM

Well this thread has made me go back to checking out LEDs on eBay :P I just ordered 5050 and 5630 led panels, they're supposed to be the shit!

Can you guys who have bought the reverse lights come back with a little feedback? If they're good I'll definitely buy them too!

Flyer92 01-15-2015 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by 314_04TL (Post 15299757)
The same vendor had them on auction for $13.80 incl free shipping. Must say I'm looking forward to trying them out. Had originally planned to go the VLED route.

I just got paid today so I will have to get on that deal

Here's the link below for the $13.80 incl. free shipping. You probably already read it in Drei's post but he mentioned a fitment issue with a grey clip not clipping in but it was not a problem for him. Seems acceptable to me so I went ahead and picked up the pair.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=121544436958

314_04TL 01-15-2015 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Flyer92 (Post 15299853)
Here's the link below for the $13.80 incl. free shipping. You probably already read it in Drei's post but he mentioned a fitment issue with a grey clip not clipping in but it was not a problem for him. Seems acceptable to me so I went ahead and picked up the pair.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=121544436958

I just got paid so im jumping on this one

EddieOnAZ 01-15-2015 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by 314_04TL (Post 15299963)
I just got paid so im jumping on this one

Come back with some pics and maybe a review!!! :thumbsup:

Drei 01-15-2015 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by EddieOnAZ (Post 15297939)
Hey man! Nice info you have there! For the interior wedge ones, you're telling us that those tiny 1led are as bright as they show in the pictures in their e-bay listing? If that's the case believe me I'm buying them in a heartbeat. My 10 led towers don't even come close to that.

Also, 2X 1400 Lumens 7443 2538 Chip White Backup Reverse High Power LED Light Bulbs | eBay are those your reverse bulbs? They do look pretty good.

Yeah, the interior LED's are bright enough, I even have them on the doors and trunk.

My reverse bulbs are these: 2X 1200 Lumens High Power Chip LED White Backup Reverse Light Bulbs Projector | eBay

Originally Posted by Cheval (Post 15299244)
Which exact ones are you using for your backup lights? Several I'm looking at from dt-autotech mention they don't fit the Accord so wonder if they'd fit for us? I assume so if they're T10 but I've ordered wrong LEDs in the past. :tomato: It looks like the one you're using is this one: 2X 1200 Lumens High Power Chip LED White Backup Reverse Light Bulbs Projector | eBay

One of your previous postings it looks like you were using that one for your license plate lights but now you're recommending the CREE from bluerampin?

I've spent so much $ on LEDs :whyme: I'd almost just prefer to get the 4 from dt-autotech and get the 10% discount and be done with it if they're 1200lm each.

Back up LED's: 2X 1200 Lumens High Power Chip LED White Backup Reverse Light Bulbs Projector | eBay

EddieOnAZ 01-15-2015 10:49 PM

I officially think anything that's made nowadays will do the trick. I just installed my reverse lights and license plate lights and the results are surprising considering how cheap they were. The license plate ones cost 0.50$ each and the reverse lights were about 2$ each. Here are the results.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...50d82d720c.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...3ff090eb6a.jpg

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...dc987582a4.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...f3abf78d6a.jpg

I mentionned earlier in this thread that I had 2 burnt out bulbs. Well turns out I was wrong. The license plate one I thought was burnt was actually incorrectly wedged and lost contact. So instead of a 20% failure rate I now have a 10% failure rate. On bulbs worth under a dollar each I'd say it's worth it. It's also still early, I don't know how reliable the bulbs will be after years of service.

vietxquangstah 01-16-2015 05:42 AM

Can you give us a link to the ones you purchased?

Are they white or purplish white? Pictures make it look bluish or purplish white.

Especially your door and license plate lights. Those look bluish white

I prefer led lights that are as white as snow. 5K white

EddieOnAZ 01-16-2015 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah (Post 15301123)
Can you give us a link to the ones you purchased?

Are they white or purplish white? Pictures make it look bluish or purplish white.

Especially your door and license plate lights. Those look bluish white

I prefer led lights that are as white as snow. 5K white

All of my lights are 100% white. Idk why but my girlfriend's cellphone has a tendency to show blue instead of white light. I'm on mobile right now, I'll post the links as soon as I'm near a computer.

EddieOnAZ 01-16-2015 07:37 AM

Look at the second or third pic, they show color a little better :)

314_04TL 01-16-2015 08:23 AM

Damn that is cheap ad they look great. Question now is how long will they last

vietxquangstah 01-16-2015 08:46 AM

2nd pic only shows reverse lights which look close to 5k.

3rd pic only shows reverse lights and license plates light and the license plate lights appear more purpley blue white compared to the reverse lights lol

EddieOnAZ 01-16-2015 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah (Post 15301267)
2nd pic only shows reverse lights which look close to 5k.

3rd pic only shows reverse lights and license plates light and the license plate lights appear more purpley blue white compared to the reverse lights lol

Ok imma try to get better ones... Im telling you though theyre white xD
edit:Picky b**ch :P
edit 2: I don't wanna go outside, It's cold :(
final edit: ok i'm going out, none of my pictures can show the color...

EddieOnAZ 01-16-2015 12:18 PM

Ok updated pics with my own cellphone:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...1a5f55d4c2.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...04d9fdf425.jpg