Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leasing company??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Awesome to the Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leasing company??

i was a verizon wireless today at the glendale galleria and this one armenian guy comes in..and starts talking about the motorola 710 - the only bluetooth phone as of right now offered by verizon....and the guy that works there is trying to answer his questions, but the guy has no idea what the armenian guy is talking about...meanwhile, I was eavesdropping....and listening in about their talk about bluetooth and the v710 and i step in and say that verizon limits the capabilities of the v710 by not allowing OBEX blah blah blah and file exchange through bluetooth...so if you're looking for a purely bluetooth phone, this isn't the phone for you..and then I give him real world examples like...my acura tl doesn't have battery meter and signal strength and how i bought a bluetooth dongle for my computer, but i have no use for it now because i can't transfer files or synch my phone and my comp...and then he tells me that he's getting the 05 TL WDP on parchment too and that's why he was wondering about it...and then he tells asks me how much i got it for...and i said proudly 31700 before ttl with mud guards and tire lock (about 1770 under invoice)..and this guy tells me he got his with navi for invoice...and I'm like...wtf? and tells me that he went through a leasing company or something and got it that way...so..basically my point is...has anyone ever heard of this...

sorry for long post ...but i was just amazed on his price.....
Old 11-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
New to me...
Old 11-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Racer

I think he means a leasing broker, I heard of them, but no idea how to find one.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Intermediate

I believe a leasing company is the same as a leasing broker or auto broker. Yes, sometimes they can secure better prices than a regular buyer because of repeat business they bring to the dealer. However they get paid by the dealer too so that gets factored into the pricing.

However, before I bought my 05 TL with Navi, I checked with my auto broker and he was not able to beat the 2005 Southern California Power Buyer price that ToddL set up.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:03 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Brokers do have the power and capabilty to buy at invoice or below but the reality is that they make their money by keeping the price as high as they can because they make the profit difference just like a typical car salesman does. Now, if your a repeat buyer or your brother-in-law is the leasing agent, THEN you might be able to get one at cost but then there are additional "tricks" unique to leasing structures alone. Truth is that this guy was probably just trying to "one up" you by saying that he got such a great deal. The guy is probably leasing the car and it acting like he's buying it for that figure. Don't worry about it, enjoy your car.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Brokers do have the power and capabilty to buy at invoice or below but the reality is that they make their money by keeping the price as high as they can because they make the profit difference just like a typical car salesman does. Now, if your a repeat buyer or your brother-in-law is the leasing agent, THEN you might be able to get one at cost but then there are additional "tricks" unique to leasing structures alone. Truth is that this guy was probably just trying to "one up" you by saying that he got such a great deal. The guy is probably leasing the car and it acting like he's buying it for that figure. Don't worry about it, enjoy your car.

i don't think he was leasing, because he told me final price was like...41 after financing...
Old 11-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro

I went through an agent/broker. The price he got me was lower than any dealership that I contacted. My price was $33,677 on a 2005 with navi. Here was the written quote that the agent provided to me from fleet manager:

www.havokgroup.com/phong/quote.jpg
Old 11-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

try this:

www.leasecompare.com