Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease terms for 06 TL

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease terms for 06 TL

Can anyone tell me the current money factor and residual percentages for an AHFC 42-month lease on a 2006 TL 5AT NAVI?

Also, is MSRP for above model = $35940?

Just looking to have the right ammo for dealer negotiation for 06 TL lease.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xs05TL
Can anyone tell me the current money factor and residual percentages for an AHFC 42-month lease on a 2006 TL 5AT NAVI?

Also, is MSRP for above model = $35940?

Just looking to have the right ammo for dealer negotiation for 06 TL lease.
Isn't the money factor based on your individual credit score/beacon score? So, what one person gets doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get the same money factor.

IMO, in my car buying experiences and the last time I bought my TL, I merely asked each dealer for all of that information (residual, money factor based on the best credit score, etc...) and ensured they were all on the same playing field. At times, I saw where one dealer would be playing with the money factor.

Regardless, www.leaseguide.com is an excellent resource to understand a lease and use their lease calculator to see if the dealer is hosing you or not.

Plus, you could back into the residual and money factor by going to the Acura website and seeing how much of a monthly payment you would be charged for a 42 month lease on the TL of your choice. Simple calculations would get you there...
Old 10-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Isn't the money factor based on your individual credit score/beacon score? So, what one person gets doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get the same money factor.

IMO, in my car buying experiences and the last time I bought my TL, I merely asked each dealer for all of that information (residual, money factor based on the best credit score, etc...) and ensured they were all on the same playing field. At times, I saw where one dealer would be playing with the money factor.

Regardless, www.leaseguide.com is an excellent resource to understand a lease and use their lease calculator to see if the dealer is hosing you or not.

Plus, you could back into the residual and money factor by going to the Acura website and seeing how much of a monthly payment you would be charged for a 42 month lease on the TL of your choice. Simple calculations would get you there...

I fully understand the underlying math of auto leasing and have negotiated over six leases for my family and friends, most with my laptop computer on the salesman's desk, running my lease model on Excel as we reviewed the numbers. I could teach the course.

AHFC has "standard" lease terms, with money factor and residual defined for each car model and lease term. Obviously, one must be appropriately creditworthy to qualify, but that's never been a problem for me.

What I was looking for was an advance "peek" at current AHFC parameters to get a little head start on my negotiating position. Also, my last two leases were negotiated directly with the dealership GM in less than 30 minutes.

By the way, you can only solve for one unknown in the lease calculation. More than one unknown, and you need to make an assumption on one of the unknowns before you can solve for the other.

Anyone got the data I'm looking for without trying to give me a lesson on leasing? Current money factor and residual % for TL 5AT NAVI for 42 months (or similar alternate term).
Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Cruisin'

To clarify:

To define a lease deal, one needs:

1. Actual transaction price for the vehicle transfer to the leasing entity

2. Any fees or taxes that will be 'capitalized' under the lease

3. The residual value of the vehicle (usually % of MSRP)

4. Money factor (a sneaky way of confusing the consumer -- it's equivalent to interest rate) (equivalent interest rate = money factor times 24)

5. Term of lease in months

6. Allowable mileage under lease terms

7. Any other fees/taxes due on inception -- or on maturation (eg, disposition fee)

One must know all of these variables to fully ensure that the lease is a good deal.

Given these data, calculation of the lease is a piece of cake.

TIP: Make up a form with all of the above data and fill in with the dealer. If he won't give you the info, he's hiding something and you should go elsewhere. An honest dealer will give you all of the information you need -- IF YOU ASK FOR IT.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Cruisin'

By the way, here's my deal a year ago on an 05 TL 5AT w NAVI:

Quote:
My deal for 05 TL AT w Navi (Northern NJ, Nov 2004):

42 month lease
12,000 miles/yr
$1995 Down
Payment $394 incl 6% NJ Sales Tax
Unquote

Money Factor: 0.00230
Residual: 57%

Please provide up-to-date AHFC terms.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Only trying to help..."give you a lesson on leasing"? Like I said, I was only trying to help and had no idea what knowledge you had on the particular topic.

Frankly, I think you're an as*hole for being such a prick to someone who took the time to respond to your post. This is the EXACT reason why I don't frequent this board much. Newbie posters pop on and always want, want, want...then you try and help and all you get is grief in return.

Why not just call a dealer and get it from the horse's mouth? Would have saved me the time of trying to help and would have saved you from being an as*.