Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest from HFL Support: TL & Moto v.600 Are Like Two Cats in a Bag

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest from HFL Support: TL & Moto v.600 Are Like Two Cats in a Bag

Taking Silverbishop's advice from the "sorting out the v600 problems" thread, I called Acura's HFL support line. They told me that the vast majority of v.600 customers had had problems answering calls with the HFL on their 600. Although Acura seemed to know about the tricks like keeping the clamshell open, holding the talk button for longer, putting "open to answer" on "off", they also said that these things can be hit or miss. Interestingly, supposedly Acura brass and Motorola now are in discussions about what to do, because of the volume of complaints, but according to Acura, there seems no doubt that the issue is with the phone and the way it interfaces with the HFL. No idea when there will be any resolution -- I would bet on weeks, if not months. My v.600 goes back this afternoon. *sigh*...I really liked the 600 and all its features and dislike the 616 (I hope Captain is right that it's only a few weeks; no one at Cingular can tell me when the S/E 637 comes out), but since even using the 600 to make outgoing calls sure made me feel how great a feature the HFL was, I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pair up a spanking new 616.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Instructor

Damn, getting my v600 this week. Hopefully I have some good luck.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

Hello everyone...I am new here and have the same issue with Cingular v600 phones with 'other settings" not picking up calls. From what I have read on this board, I've came to conclusion that it might be the software verison that came preinstalled on the v600. With that in mind, I went digging around and found ways to flash the firmware on the phone. I found one version that would pick up calls about 80-85% of the time without shell being opened. Before my phone would only pick-up about one out of 8-10 calls.

I've read that some of your are not having any issues with HFL not picking up calls at all...Can you tell me the flash and flex version you are running so I can test it?

Below, you will see the flash/flex version that came pre-installed with my v600...I'm no longer running the same version now and have more luck with HFL picking up incoming calls.

http://www.digitil.net/images/v600.jpg
Old 05-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by punkte
Hello everyone...I am new here and have the same issue with Cingular v600 phones with 'other settings" not picking up calls. From what I have read on this board, I've came to conclusion that it might be the software verison that came preinstalled on the v600. With that in mind, I went digging around and found ways to flash the firmware on the phone. I found one version that would pick up calls about 80-85% of the time without shell being opened. Before my phone would only pick-up about one out of 8-10 calls.

I've read that some of your are not having any issues with HFL not picking up calls at all...Can you tell me the flash and flex version you are running so I can test it?

Below, you will see the flash/flex version that came pre-installed with my v600...I'm no longer running the same version now and have more luck with HFL picking up incoming calls.

http://www.digitil.net/images/v600.jpg

Your link has the flash/flex version I had, in which I basically could not pick up calls directly through the HFL. I have now returned the v600 for a SE 616. And I can now pick up 100% of the calls, though 80-85% would have been nice with the v.600. What flex and flash did you obtain and can ordinary mortals do so? I noticed, BTW, that your comparable reply to what I quoted that you posted on the thread "sorting out the v.600 problems" does not include your link. You might want to add that to that thread, or send JPW a private message, as more people have read the other thread and I believe JPW (who, however is on AT&T) has a v.600 that works fine.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Drifting

ah, the joys of working with early releases and firmware. :toothless
Old 05-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Wordsmith
Taking Silverbishop's advice from the "sorting out the v600 problems" thread, I called Acura's HFL support line. They told me that the vast majority of v.600 customers had had problems answering calls with the HFL on their 600. Although Acura seemed to know about the tricks like keeping the clamshell open, holding the talk button for longer, putting "open to answer" on "off", they also said that these things can be hit or miss. Interestingly, supposedly Acura brass and Motorola now are in discussions about what to do, because of the volume of complaints, but according to Acura, there seems no doubt that the issue is with the phone and the way it interfaces with the HFL. No idea when there will be any resolution -- I would bet on weeks, if not months. My v.600 goes back this afternoon. *sigh*...I really liked the 600 and all its features and dislike the 616 (I hope Captain is right that it's only a few weeks; no one at Cingular can tell me when the S/E 637 comes out), but since even using the 600 to make outgoing calls sure made me feel how great a feature the HFL was, I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pair up a spanking new 616.
A call I overheard the other day was that we are try to burn through the 616 inventory before we release the 637, should be just a few weeks.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by captain
A call I overheard the other day was that we are try to burn through the 616 inventory before we release the 637, should be just a few weeks.
Many people who are on T-Mobile/Rogers At&t/Fido are taking the T630 and putting the PCB5 antenna found from the T616/T637 because of the better reception. I'd like to see the T637 as well but since the K700 is coming out, I'm crossing my fingers that it has a class 5 antenna.