Kuddos to the rattle fixers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004 | 12:11 PM
Pro

Thumbs up Kuddos to the rattle fixers!

I had my car in the shop at Pohanka Acura in Virginia for an entire week! I bought it in to get the seat memory issue fixed per the TSB and to get a terrible rattle from the front passenger door addressed. Also, I mentioned that there might be an occasional rattle from the sunroof.

The car is now completely rattle free! They have first replaced a door panel, but tested the car (thumbs up!) and discovered that the rattle was still present. Then they ordered and replaced something that's called a "front cowling". Since I picked up my car afterhours, I couldn't ask what this thing was. But apparently that did the trick, because the passenger door rattle is no longer there.

They have applied the standard foam fix to the sunroof. Then, they replaced the left subvisor. Now, I have no idea why they did that. The sunvisor appeared fine to me, so I'm going to ask them about it. Maybe there's some known issue with sun visors and they decided to take care of it.

The best part: they didn't break, scrape or mark anything in the interior, while doing all this work! I know that's what one should expect, but more often than not mechanics get something scraped or dirty, while fixing other things.

All-in-all, a great service experience and I was driving a 2003 TL loaner all week, while the car was in the shop. So effectively I was burning dealership's gas all this time.

The reason I post this message is to point out that Pohanka treats rattles VERY seriosly unlike some other dealers who often blow off customers complaining of rattles and squeeks (I know this, it is my third TL). So if you're in DC area and have rattles, you might want to try them instead of the other guys.