3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Should we create a sub-forum for issues/problems and their resolutions?
YES
72.63%
NO
27.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me?

Is it just me, or has the number of "bitching about the TL" posts seemed to have tripled these past couple of weeks?

I realize that Acurazine is here for us to have a place to discuss our problems and to search for resolutions, but it's supposed to be much more than that too. Yet the "fun factor" here seems to have slipped a little bit.

May I make a suggestions that we create a new "Sub-Category" like there is for Audio, and Tires, and Parts, etc. and call it "TL Problems" or something like that.

Then we could sticky the top 5 or 6 issues that arise so that people with those issues can find what they are looking for and have a place to vent & to search for solutions without forcing the rest of us to read negative post after negative post.

I haven't had any coffee this morning, so maybe it's just me, but this place doesn't seem as fun as it did when I first started visiting. Does anyone else feel the same way? Is there a chance that my suggestion of a sub-forum will ever materialize?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Banned

It's just you. We don't need to segregate folks on a different "sub-category" just because they have problems. We are all here to help, most of us sign on acurazine so we can better educate ourselves in regards to problems. I highly doubt most of us sign on to here so we can bullshit about racing, and how great our TLs are. We already know how great the car is, we're here to find out problems.

So drink so coffee and deal with it. If you don't like it, don't click it.
It's a free country
Old 05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Advanced

I totally agree with you. These people need to stop bitching and take the car to the dealer where trained professionals are paid to fix such issues.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Instructor

I figured as much - coffee has that effect on me.

But I never meant it as "Segregation", I meant it more as "consolidation". Not as a bad thing, but as a single combined resource for those with problems to quickly find a solution. We already do that for people looking for tires, or for bluetooth phone questions, why not regular maintenance?

Oh well, off to go yell at the receptionist for allowing us to run out of regular. Decaf just doesn't cut it!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Now that you mention it, I think I might notice it, too. Could be due to a couple of things, but mainly: more people with TL's = more people on forum = more people with problems. I, too, have had my share of annoyances and have voiced them a few times; we all have. That's why (well, one of the reasons) this place is here. A sub-forum for "issues" with stickies for fixes to common ones...hmmm...it could work...might be nice...
Old 05-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Now that you mention it, I think I might notice it, too. Could be due to a couple of things, but mainly: more people with TL's = more people on forum = more people with problems. I, too, have had my share of annoyances and have voiced them a few times; we all have. That's why (well, one of the reasons) this place is here. A sub-forum for "issues" with stickies for fixes to common ones...hmmm...it could work...might be nice...
I was thinking it may just be more people with TL's = more posts. But that would be more posts in general, but the percentage between "happy" posts and "bitch" posts should be remain constant.

Coffee related Side Note: I don't mean to sound like I am complaining about people with problems posting about them. Not at all. But posts like "The TLs are the worst dang cars ever - maybe they should be made in Japan - I'm bitching because my passenger seatbelt rattles around when I'm doing 120 with the windows down" are different than posts like "Does anyone else have a possible solution for butt-prints? My dealer has been less than helpful..." The first post is a waste of breath, the second is constructive thread that merits a response and justifies the existence of these boards. And it would be nice if there was a single location the poster of that thread could go to find a solution. Do I make sense?
Old 05-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EpiK
I was thinking it may just be more people with TL's = more posts. But that would be more posts in general, but the percentage between "happy" posts and "bitch" posts should be remain constant.

Coffee related Side Note: I don't mean to sound like I am complaining about people with problems posting about them. Not at all. But posts like "The TLs are the worst dang cars ever - maybe they should be made in Japan - I'm bitching because my passenger seatbelt rattles around when I'm doing 120 with the windows down" are different than posts like "Does anyone else have a possible solution for butt-prints? My dealer has been less than helpful..." The first post is a waste of breath, the second is constructive thread that merits a response and justifies the existence of these boards. And it would be nice if there was a single location the poster of that thread could go to find a solution. Do I make sense?
Dude, I'm feelin' ya! Seriously, I think that's a great idea.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:13 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,273 Likes on 2,640 Posts
It's not you, I feel the same way.

Oddly enough a colleague has a new Nissan Titan pickup and he said the same thing happens on the web forums he subscribes to. He and I now have a consiracy theory that some of the complainers are legit, some are non-owners just trying to jerk your chain, and a few work directly/in-directly for other car manufactures to give a bad impression via different medium the intenet.

His proof on this was simple, he used to have a previous gen Ford F-150 pickup which he sold for the Titan. He was also on F-150 Internet user group forums, once the next generation F-150 came out the amount of critisim dropped dramatically on previous gen model forum and the remainder of folks were back to threads about modifications, repairs, how-to's.

I agree with this theory in that the very few Yahoo groups for my Honda motorcycle are far more civilized than some of the threads hear. Mostly they deal with how to keep 20 year old motorcycles runnning. Mostly friendly stuff with an occasional rank but nothing like some of the ranting, raving, and exaggeration stuff hear.

Is it just me, or has the number of "bitching about the TL" posts seemed to have tripled these past couple of weeks?

I realize that Acurazine is here for us to have a place to discuss our problems and to search for resolutions, but it's supposed to be much more than that too. Yet the "fun factor" here seems to have slipped a little bit.

May I make a suggestions that we create a new "Sub-Category" like there is for Audio, and Tires, and Parts, etc. and call it "TL Problems" or something like that.

Then we could sticky the top 5 or 6 issues that arise so that people with those issues can find what they are looking for and have a place to vent & to search for solutions without forcing the rest of us to read negative post after negative post.

I haven't had any coffee this morning, so maybe it's just me, but this place doesn't seem as fun as it did when I first started visiting. Does anyone else feel the same way? Is there a chance that my suggestion of a sub-forum will ever materialize?
Old 05-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05whitetl
I totally agree with you. These people need to stop bitching and take the car to the dealer where trained professionals are paid to fix such issues.
You are kidding, right? "Trained Professionals" don't scratch your car and mess stuff up.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

So, the world is a vampire?

::dong dong, dong dong dong::

anybody know this song sing along...
Old 05-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Problems are what this general forum is for.

The 3G garage is for common problems/fixes/tips/tricks for the 3G TL.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by traidsganster
It's just you. We don't need to segregate folks on a different "sub-category" just because they have problems. We are all here to help, most of us sign on acurazine so we can better educate ourselves in regards to problems. I highly doubt most of us sign on to here so we can bullshit about racing, and how great our TLs are. We already know how great the car is, we're here to find out problems.

It's a free country

I agree with EPIK... Traid he is not asking to stop people from coming to the forum with problems...he is just suggesting that there should be a seperate section for it just like all the other sections...
Old 05-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scrb09

I agree with EPIK... Traid he is not asking to stop people from coming to the forum with problems...he is just suggesting that there should be a seperate section for it just like all the other sections...
wOrd.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
10th Gear

I agre with EpiK. I've been lurking in the 2G forum for years -- talk about problems The tranny issue had to account for 1/4 of the total threads. I had been following the 3G forum with envy, since it seemed that everyone was so damn happy with their cars. Of course, weeks after I buy mine, the complaint level seems to sky-rocket.

I'm guessing it's just the law of averages however -- the car is selling incredibly well, and many people only look for forums when they have questions/problems. I know that the the G35 forums include plenty of complaints about creaking seats, poor paint, etc.

I wonder if some of it has to do with the fact that the 3GTL has limited modding options. Many other car foums are really focused on mods which makes the overall discussion seem positive. There aren't too many mods to discuss here, so the ratio of problem posts to other issues may seem artificially high...
Old 05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by 512TL
I agre with EpiK. I've been lurking in the 2G forum for years -- talk about problems The tranny issue had to account for 1/4 of the total threads. I had been following the 3G forum with envy, since it seemed that everyone was so damn happy with their cars. Of course, weeks after I buy mine, the complaint level seems to sky-rocket.

I'm guessing it's just the law of averages however -- the car is selling incredibly well, and many people only look for forums when they have questions/problems. I know that the the G35 forums include plenty of complaints about creaking seats, poor paint, etc.

I wonder if some of it has to do with the fact that the 3GTL has limited modding options. Many other car foums are really focused on mods which makes the overall discussion seem positive. There aren't too many mods to discuss here, so the ratio of problem posts to other issues may seem artificially high...

Plus the fact that there are a large number of people on this forum that appear to have limited experience with a number of their own new cars. Also those who feel that the TL is a race car with a nice interior. But, it's entertaining none the less.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Racer

So, the world is a vampire?

::dong dong, dong dong dong::

anybody know this song sing along...
hmm... smashing pumpkins??
Old 05-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

So, EpiK, would you like to make your thread a little fun? We could add a POLL into your thread and maybe we could get some inputs from those silent members and know what they're thinking...

Options:

Yes, make the additional sub-forum for issues/problems
No, ....
Whatever, ...

You could make your own options and please let us know...
Old 05-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Instructor

rets, I like your idea for a poll, however I would stick to just two result choices, Yes or No. If you add crazy third options or an "I don't care", it's going to skew the results.

The question could be "Should we create a sub-forum for issues/problems and their resolutions"?

If you do this, may I ask that a Moderator create the official poll and sticky it?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Moderator Alumnus

The poll is up running now.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Racer

It's not just you. I was just thinking the same thing the other day.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm Baaack!

We are all here to help, most of us sign on acurazine so we can better educate ourselves in regards to problems.

By having a separate "bitching forum" all the noobs will still post probs in the main forum only to have them locked and moved.

Now, having a separate "I just kicked some Kia ass" forum .. that idea may have merit ...

By the way traids .. I'm enjoying a nice cup of coffee right now
Old 05-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Racer

It's a free country
UH OH BETTER SEND THEM TO THE BACK OF THE BUS :whocares:

BTW I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cornelius
hmm... smashing pumpkins??
Old 05-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by rets
So, EpiK, would you like to make your thread a little fun? We could add a POLL into your thread and maybe we could get some inputs from those silent members and know what they're thinking...

Options:

Yes, make the additional sub-forum for issues/problems
No, ....
Whatever, ...

You could make your own options and please let us know...
Good call, rets. However, it looks like this was done some time ago and only 15 people have voted...you were more right than you know...oddly enough, they'll be the first ones moaning about something down the line...
Old 05-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Good call, rets. However, it looks like this was done some time ago and only 15 people have voted...you were more right than you know...oddly enough, they'll be the first ones moaning about something down the line...

Correction. 26 people have voted. Just as some may not reply for it, some may not reply against it. A two way street.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Advanced

I wish people would not add pointless info or comments to threads. I think the reason so many people ask questions vs. actually searching is because you can search, find the correct thread, but it takes you half hour to read it because too many people add pointless stuff.

It would be nice if someone went back and tallied the most frequenly asked questions - found the threads, and trimmed them to contain only content....
Old 05-13-2005, 05:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

I voted yes to "filter" out all the bitching so its easier to browse through the main 3rd gen page.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Trolls...

Legend2TL,

and a few work directly/in-directly for other car manufactures to give a bad impression via different medium the intenet.
I think your statement is right on the mark. And certain competitors target the boards of competing brands and models that are especially successful in sales, like the TL has been.

I've always been suspicious of low count posters who do nothing but complain about problems, especially if they complain very loudly, in an inflamatory way, and don't provide specifics about going to the dealer to get a problem addressed or haven't gone to the dealer at all.
Not to be confused with people who post asking, in a non-inflamatory manner, about something to get information before they go to the dealer.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Systems Overlord

It's not just you. I come here for informative information. Unfortunately there are some people who are so down on this car that they never seem to pass a chance on knocking it. Almost every thread some of these people post something negative about the car. I know everyones entitled to their own opinion, but the bitching and moaning gets old after a while.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Prolanman
It's not just you. I come here for informative information. Unfortunately there are some people who are so down on this car that they never seem to pass a chance on knocking it. Almost every thread some of these people post something negative about the car. I know everyones entitled to their own opinion, but the bitching and moaning gets old after a while.
I agree!

Of course, it is easy for someone to talk about the few problems vs. all the positive attributes.... I guess it is just the type of person

When you think about it - there are thousands and thousands of these cars in the country - yet very few problems.....but in a small community like this - people make them look much worse than they are.....

Be Positive
Be Helpful

Old 05-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Any further opinions?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Instructor

I think this poll/vote has been open long enough. It looks like more than 2/3rds of the people here would like to see a sub forum for issues.

What are the chances we can make that happen?
Old 05-16-2005, 10:30 AM
6MT & LSD

awww, but the general discussion forum for the 3G TL will be so empty without all the complaints!

and although i voted "YES," the noobs won't be using the sub forums, which means more work for the mods (moving threads)... and more bitching about "where did my threads go?"
Old 05-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Why has this fallen all the way to the bottom of page two???

Up I say... UP!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Team Anthracite Member

There are a lot of separate sub-forums that could be created -
  • Look at me I took my car to the track
  • Mods
  • How to take apart my car
  • Rattles
  • the list could go on.....
so it's a tough call when to add a separate forum or when to keep the "conversation" in one place....
Old 05-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TBone2004
There are a lot of separate sub-forums that could be created -
  • Look at me I took my car to the track
  • Mods
  • How to take apart my car
  • Rattles
  • the list could go on.....
so it's a tough call when to add a separate forum or when to keep the "conversation" in one place....

I get my threads moved all the time so what's the difference for them.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Moderator Alumnus

How's about the sub-forum setup at TSX site? Do you guys feel it's better??

• Acura TSX Discussion

• Frequently Asked Questions

• Parts & Performance

• Photograph Gallery

• Problems & Fixes

• Racing & Competition

• Tires, Wheels, & Suspension
Old 05-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Licking Platters Clean

All I know is that i have stopped coming here as often EXACTLY for this reason. I get very sick of the bitching and negativity and YES my goddam clutch clicked for two months (my oppologies to those who don't know about that common 6MT problem) but I got it fixed, bigfatfuckinghairy deal. Maybe I'd come here more often if that subforum was created. I also subscribe to the conspiracy theory. Half of these bitches probably own Infinities or sell Volvos.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:12 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by JackSprat01
All I know is that i have stopped coming here as often EXACTLY for this reason. I get very sick of the bitching and negativity and YES my goddam clutch clicked for two months (my oppologies to those who don't know about that common 6MT problem) but I got it fixed, bigfatfuckinghairy deal. Maybe I'd come here more often if that subforum was created. I also subscribe to the conspiracy theory. Half of these bitches probably own Infinities or sell Volvos.

no kidding... i don't know why these people can't just go complain to their dealers. if i ever have a problem, i'd go bitch out the dealer and then post the results. while i may be bitching, at least it'll be informative as to how to go about getting the problem fixed.

rets, i think it'd be great if we could have the same structure as the TSX forum. then all the complaints could be moved to Problems & Fixes section. is this doable?
Old 05-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
How about a sub-category for whiners?

You know, the fuel door is flimsy, butt prints are ruining my life, I expect perfection, get a life types.