Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got Title for car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got Title for car!!!!!

hey guys i just got the title mailed to me from my local rmv. Im happy. My dad it thinking about the new Infiniti QX56 i think its nice. We are gonna see it tomorrow. i also want to trade in my 04tl at w/o navi for somthing MT any recommendations 8k miles on it what do u guys think ill get for my car??? please give me some good suggestions thank you
Old 10-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by WlcTL
hey guys i just got the title mailed to me from my local rmv. Im happy. My dad it thinking about the new Infiniti QX56 i think its nice. We are gonna see it tomorrow. i also want to trade in my 04tl at w/o navi for somthing MT any recommendations 8k miles on it what do u guys think ill get for my car??? please give me some good suggestions thank you
KBB trade in value for an '04 TL A/T is in the $25k range.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Racer

DO NOT TRADE IT IN!!! Dealer gonna rape you on the trade.

Just sell it privately.

I think its stupid to trade in vehicles to the dealer. You alaways gonna lose money with them.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
DO NOT TRADE IT IN!!! Dealer gonna rape you on the trade.

Just sell it privately.

I think its stupid to trade in vehicles to the dealer. You alaways gonna lose money with them.
Listen if someone who is 17 has the title to a new car worth 30 somekthing K do you think it really matters about saving some money vice trading it in? More then likely not IMO. So kid if you are reading just trade it in and get it what ever your dad can get ya
Old 10-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tommyt37
Listen if someone who is 17 has the title to a new car worth 30 somekthing K do you think it really matters about saving some money vice trading it in? More then likely not IMO. So kid if you are reading just trade it in and get it what ever your dad can get ya
lol, That is what I was thinking, but you said it before me. Sad but true.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrthomas

It depends on which state you live in. In some states, on a trade-in, you get sales tax credit on the trade value. My sales tax is 8.3%. On a $25,000 trade, that's worth over $2,000 in tax credit on the new car! In other words, I'd have to get $2,000 more than a dealer trade in a private sale just to come out even. Then add in the many hassles of selling privately compared to the ease of a trade-in, and a private sale might not be worth it.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by tommyt37
Originally Posted by drewspimpin
lol, That is what I was thinking, but you said it before me. Sad but true.
There are so many things wrong with these postings that I don't know where to start.
1. What is wrong with trying to save money, no matter how rich you are or who bought you the car? Maybe the kid is a shrewd investor and bought it for himself.
2. What is wrong with having a father who has money and wants to buy his kid a nice car, if this is indeed the case?
3. What is so sad about this? That the kid didn't starve himself and live in a hovel and work for 20 years before he was able to buy a car like the TL, and that by buying him the car his father didn't instill in him the values we all have because no one bought us a car and we had to earn the money ourselves?
4. The only saving grace here is that so far no one has brought up the ethnic/race comments that usually accompany a thread like this.

To those who answered the question as it was asked, thank you for your help.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ron A
There are so many things wrong with these postings that I don't know where to start.
1. What is wrong with trying to save money, no matter how rich you are or who bought you the car? Maybe the kid is a shrewd investor and bought it for himself.
2. What is wrong with having a father who has money and wants to buy his kid a nice car, if this is indeed the case?
3. What is so sad about this? That the kid didn't starve himself and live in a hovel and work for 20 years before he was able to buy a car like the TL, and that by buying him the car his father didn't instill in him the values we all have because no one bought us a car and we had to earn the money ourselves?
4. The only saving grace here is that so far no one has brought up the ethnic/race comments that usually accompany a thread like this.

To those who answered the question as it was asked, thank you for your help.
Ok I will answer you Ron

1)The amount of money saved selling your car vice trading it in to me isn't worth the hassle if you can afford it that's why I said IMO.

2)Did I say anything was wrong with having his father buy the car for him?? you ASSumed this please don't

3)Not directed towards me I never said it was sad.

4)ethic/race? what in the hell does that have to do with this? Shame on you for even thinking of it.

Don't look into things so much. It aint all that. You are looking for a reason to be upset. please don't and enjoy your day.

tom
Old 10-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
tommyt37: I won't rebut, and I won't apologize, but I would like to clarify a bit.

You have only been in this forum a short while, so you probably haven't seen all the threads similar to this one that got started innocently and then evolved into a bashing. I just wanted to try and tone things down a little.

Many of the previous threads had statements in them about ethnic values and references to certain cultures, so when I said I was glad that hadn't happened here yet, that is what I was referring to.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Instructor

pretty bad.... 25k range???? o_O