Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Came back from the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 05:25 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Came back from the dealer

I just got back from two dealers about 15 minutes ago. I am located in southern california, I went to Metro Acura first in Montclair. They only had one sales person working the floor and only one Acura TL in white. Got no service so we decided to leave and went to Cerritos Acura instead. There we found another white TL, turns out that it was also there one and only TL. We were approached by someone and he did let me test drive the car. It was a 2005 Diamond Pearl White Automatic without navigation. What i was looking for was a car equipped with navigation. The guy told me that if i wanted a certain combo i was going to have to order one with them. And go on there "VIP" list. Then he told me a bunch of crap about if i really wanted all the options i wanted. He would have to contact the factory and they would have to custom build one for me. Seems like most of the dealers around this around have no cars. I checked for any leftover 2004 models and there's none left. So i guess im just going to wait until more 2005 models come out. That's my dealer experience for the day. Anyone have any similar dealership experience like mine?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:20 AM
10th Gear

No one's had anything happen to them like this? hmm...
Old 10-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why not just order it? I'm pretty sure that at least half of the people on this board didn't have their exact combinations waiting for them on the lot. Hell, the 6MT people have to wait upwards of 3 months. You have a few choices, order it, find a dealership that already has what you want on order, or show up at dealerships every week hoping you get lucky (and that someone hasn't already put down a deposit on the car that you want).
Old 10-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTL311
I just got back from two dealers about 15 minutes ago. I am located in southern california, I went to Metro Acura first in Montclair. They only had one sales person working the floor and only one Acura TL in white. Got no service so we decided to leave and went to Cerritos Acura instead. There we found another white TL, turns out that it was also there one and only TL. We were approached by someone and he did let me test drive the car. It was a 2005 Diamond Pearl White Automatic without navigation. What i was looking for was a car equipped with navigation. The guy told me that if i wanted a certain combo i was going to have to order one with them. And go on there "VIP" list. Then he told me a bunch of crap about if i really wanted all the options i wanted. He would have to contact the factory and they would have to custom build one for me. Seems like most of the dealers around this around have no cars. I checked for any leftover 2004 models and there's none left. So i guess im just going to wait until more 2005 models come out. That's my dealer experience for the day. Anyone have any similar dealership experience like mine?

you act like you expect there to be tons of cars on the lot for you to choose from. the TL is a very popular car, so finding 04s would probably be tough, as for 05s, they've only been hitting dealers for the past few weeks. Its not like American cars (Yeah, I know, the TL is "American" blah blah). American companies pump out an ass load of cars, and flood the dealership. THis is why at the end of the model year, you can get TONS of the prior year cars brand new at huge discounts, low financing, etc. Japanese cars, Nissan and Honda/acura tend to just trickle in a few cars at a time. you just have to give it time.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:26 PM
10th Gear

The reason i haven't put down an order or put down a deposit or whatever is because i rather wait. I have a friend that works for honda and i asked him to check out the inventory list for me. There are going to be a lot of TL's that are coming in pretty soon, i just have to wait. Bascially im being impatient that they aren't out yet. In my situation i really need to get the car soon due to family situation. The car is a good buy/deal and i wouldn't want to get anything else right now.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Advanced

I think it's a good idea to wait for a while. The 05's just came out and it's kinda hard to get a good price on those. I'm pretty sure that there's gonna be lots of TL's by the end of this year, or January 05, maybe.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Abyss Blue Sexiness

Originally Posted by PG2G
Why not just order it? I'm pretty sure that at least half of the people on this board didn't have their exact combinations waiting for them on the lot. Hell, the 6MT people have to wait upwards of 3 months. You have a few choices, order it, find a dealership that already has what you want on order, or show up at dealerships every week hoping you get lucky (and that someone hasn't already put down a deposit on the car that you want).
Well, Acura has a nice feature on their web site that tells you about 2 weeks in advance what cars will be arriving in your area. Just "Build and Price" a 2005 TL and then click on "Get dealer quote". You can look at the dealers in your area and if one of them has a car coming that matches what you want, you can call them up and claim on it if it hasn't already been reserved. This is also useful if you are considering buying out of state which is what I did (live in Arizona, ordered from Florida).
Old 10-05-2004, 04:56 AM
10th Gear

Thanks you guys for all the information and opinions you guys have. I checked out another local socal dealership. And they told me in about another month, they should have stock of the TL's again. Coming in all colors, models and trim. Meaning manual, auto, navi, etc. Yay! should be having my TL in my driveway in no time. Oh yeah "nearwater4me", you are quite right about some of the dealerships not budging when it comes to price. I even had a dealership tell me that the TL is a car priced starting at 40k. *cough* Cerritos Acura *cough*
Old 10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey turbo.. i went to sierra arura in alhambra yesterday 10-4-2004 to pick up my front license plate plugs that they never gave me when i bought the car. but in the show room was a white TL with navi for sale. just wanted to let you know if you are still interested in or looking for the 05 TL
Old 10-05-2004, 07:08 PM
10th Gear

Oh wow, I'll probably go check that deal out then. The TL at Sierra Acura. Thanks for the heads up.