Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Japan Equivalents and Acura History

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khoifl
Don't get me wrong, I am also Honda/Acura fan and agree most of your points, but did Toyota is the first company introduce hybrid car. The first gen of Prius had many problems but the 2nd is quite well. If I'm wrong, please correct. Anybody knows how Accord hybrid is doing?
No, Honda was the first company to offer a hybrid. Honda was offering a hybrid for a fair amount of time before anyone else jumped in. It's call the Honda Insight. It didn't have half as many problems as the Prius either.
The Accord hybrid is selling more than the dealers can supply. It also is usually ranked #1 on resale-value charts.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am also Honda/Acura fan and agree most of your points, but did Toyota is the first company introduce hybrid car. The first gen of Prius had many problems but the 2nd is quite well. If I'm wrong, please correct. Anybody knows how Accord hybrid is doing?
honda had that god ugly looking hybrid... im drawing a blank for the name.. but not sure if that or the prius was out first..
Old 11-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Honda Insight was the very first hybrid vehicle. And once again, Honda FCX is the very first hydrogen fuel cell vehicle.

Variable valve timing, titanium connecting rods, aluminum chassis, there are many things Honda was the very first to introduce.

The current Prius is a good car, and there's a months-long waiting list, I've heard. But the Accord hybrid is also doing very well. Besides, I'll take a 253-hp Accord over the Prius any day. With all the suspension modifications available for it, you can make it a hybrid car that's fun to drive. The Prius? It doesn't know what sport means, and it has virtually no aftermarket support.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vtecracer
No, Honda was the first company to offer a hybrid. Honda was offering a hybrid for a fair amount of time before anyone else jumped in. It's call the Honda Insight. It didn't have half as many problems as the Prius either.
The Accord hybrid is selling more than the dealers can supply. It also is usually ranked #1 on resale-value charts.
Opps. I stand corrected You are right. The first Insight was 2000, while the first Prius was 2001. I totally forgot about Insight until you said Honda introduced one back then....

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
honda had that god ugly looking hybrid... im drawing a blank for the name.. but not sure if that or the prius was out first..
The goal of Honda Insight is to save gas. They try to make it light and aerodynamics as much as possible. They even cover the wind of rear wheels. Now, I remember Inight is aim for gas and Prius is aim for power (don't flame, only between Insight & Prius)
Old 11-07-2005, 03:07 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Toyota is a hugh auto company that does a lot of things right. There stated goal is to be the largest auto maker in the world I think.

It would be foolish for Honda to attempt to compete directly with them therefore they don't. If you question this, check the size of each company. Honda marches to a slightly different beat and most of us enjoy it. For anyone that wishes for a Toyota/Lexus, bye-bye. You are not going to get it from Honda/Acura.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here it is.... The new RL in Japan is called legend.

click here to see pic